Bikini Wax Video/dvd

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkymanda

Reaction score
Hiya everyone
I need to teach bikini waxing at my new job - college beauty level 2 tutor and need to teach it without using a model/demo on student. I have drawn some illustrations on a flip chart but thought it would be good to show a demo video.
I have searched all night on the internet/utube etc and can't find a suitable one.
Does anyone know where I can find a video clip I can download and use?
Thanks for your help
Manda

Hiya everyone
I need to teach bikini waxing at my new job - college beauty level 2 tutor and need to teach it without using a model/demo on student. I have drawn some illustrations on a flip chart but thought it would be good to show a demo video.
I have searched all night on the internet/utube etc and can't find a suitable one.
Does anyone know where I can find a video clip I can download and use?
Thanks for your help
Manda

why would you teach it without using a model or giving a demo !!!!

when i teach in college, i always do a demo on a student or a model. My students have to work on each other so no one gets away without having to do it unless there is a medical reason.

this also makes the student aware of the way the treatment feels and there responses.

videos and dvd's are a good resource but hands on practice is a far better way of getting students to grips with the procedure.

gigi, helen mcguinnes, clean and easy , perron rigot and lori nestore all have waxing dvds which show this procedure.

good luck

You need to get hold of Lori Nestore's "The Whole Ball of Wax" It will teach your students all they need to know. It is informative, in real time and even shows male and female brazilian.

It is available from wow products.

You can't teach without a model. Why can't you use a model?

Thanks for your replys.

I know it is odd not using a model..... it is a new job and I am just doing what the head of department wants.

As ALL my students have never had a bikini wax done before they are very scared but I am hoping when they see it done on a video they will let me demo in small groups.

The dvds listed cost quite alot and I am not prepared to pay for it out of my own pocket but thanks anyway.

I found a Gigi one on youtube but isn't very clear?

Thanks anyway have a lovely weekend
Amanda

Why not get a friend and make your own video,
this way the students will see it been done the same way as you will be teaching them, hth :hug:

or how about asking a friend to go into college with you to be the model for the class.

Last edited:
I know it is odd not using a model..... it is a new job and I am just doing what the head of department wants.

Head of dept wants to GET REAL - this is a practical vocation and students cannot learn without practical demonstrations and experience!

The only other way I can think of is to simulate a wax treatment - ie use a spatula, pretend to apply wax, apply strip, remove etc. Not the same as a real demo but students may get a little insight into what actually needs to be done.

No wonder standards are so low and therapists are leaving college too scared to touch clients!

I know 5 years ago I was training a 16 year old who was at college too. She told me they didnt even let them mix there own dyes anymore!

Have you tried videojug.com ?

Kate

Latest posts

Back