Bio Sculpture Making You Charge A Flat Rate

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonebear

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am training in buff off gels and thinking of also doing bio sculpture as a soak off gel. The only thing putting me off is I have been told by a couple mobile techs that bio sculpture gel make you charge a set rate to clients and can stop supplying to you if they catch you under charging.

One mobile tech even told me that bio sculpture called her up as they had found out she had an offer on and she had to retract it.

Does anyone know if this is correct?
Thanks x

Hi All,

I am training in buff off gels and thinking of also doing bio sculpture as a soak off gel. The only thing putting me off is I have been told by a couple mobile techs that bio sculpture gel make you charge a set rate to clients and can stop supplying to you if they catch you under charging.

One mobile tech even told me that bio sculpture called her up as they had found out she had an offer on and she had to retract it.

Does anyone know if this is correct?
Thanks x

I have been using Bio for 8 years and have never heard that before!!

Call them and find out.

This is the number for the South 01252 612211

Jacqui xx

I also use Bio and have not heard anything about that. As I recall on our course when people were asking how much they should charge the answer was that they could not tell you that it was for you to decide. They were quite adamant that they could not give any business advice, which included stuff like pricing.

I also use Bio and have not heard anything about that. As I recall on our course when people were asking how much they should charge the answer was that they could not tell you that it was for you to decide. They were quite adamant that they could not give any business advice, which included stuff like pricing.

Now that you mention it I also recall that, they advised us to research our areas and price ourselves accordingly.

Jacqui xx

Last edited:
I trained with them 8 months ago and they advise a price but you don't have to stick to it, I live in the middle if know where and the nearest town charges £26 so I slightly undercut them, if I was in London would be much different. I've just done an exam with them too and my tutor asked what I charged she said u could def get more for the quality but it's a shame where u are so that's not true at all xxx

I have been with Bio Sculpture for 6 years and ive never been told what to charge its completely up to you, its a fantastic treatment to offer and is very poplular as there is no damage to the natural nail x

Same here - I trained 3 years ago and they gave us guideline prices but we were never 'told' what we had to charge - that was entirely up to us!

Can't see how they can force anyone to charge a certain amount - after all its your own business and you have bought the products so you should be able to charge what fits with your area.

I would check with Bio direct as I really don't think this is correct.

No company can make you charge a certain price. They can advise you as to a recommended price, and some companies will contact you if they think you're not charging enough because it devalues the brand image they've worked very hard to create.
Competition law prevents any formal action being taken other than that.

No company can make you charge a certain price. They can advise you as to a recommended price, and some companies will contact you if they think you're not charging enough because it devalues the brand image they've worked very hard to create.
Competition law prevents any formal action being taken other than that.

I quite agree with Lynne, you decide what you want to charge.
As it is such an expensive gel in the first place I doubt you will be wanting to do it too cheaply as you wont be making a profit & it is hard to up the price by a lot once you have started too cheap.

Quality products deserve quality pricing.x

Thank you all - I will call them and ask anyway, but I did think it sounded a bit odd. You all sound like your happy with bio as a product so think as soon as I get the money together will do a conversion course x

Latest posts

Back