Bio sculpture problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

socialbutterfly

Reaction score
I've recently trained in bio sculpture but I keep having clients phone up my boss and tell her they have snapped off!
She then tells them to come in with her and she has now told me i should be using thetips with full wells and I am blending them too much?
I trained with creative and I have also read my Gigi book religeously and I am of the understanding that tips are purely a canvas??
What do I do?
Please help!

Thankyou, Maxine x

Hi

I think you are right to a degree, although blending can cause problems too. I would imagine you are qualified in the art of blending so I cant see that to be the problem.

Have you been sent on a conversion course with bio sculpture before your boss started you using the product?

Bio Sculpture is a good product but many people feel it is not strong enough for enhancements with tips, you have to really work on the apex zone.

But it is a great product and used correctly should work well.

Hi,

I don't think Bio is strong enough over tips, why don't you try sculpting? When I did my bio training the trainer didn't recommend it over tips and told us it works much better for sculpting.

Like everyone else, I don't use Bio Sculpture over tips. I just don;t find it to be strong enough. I have succesfully worn it over tips myself, but I am not heavy-handed and any client that is runs a risk of snapping as you are experiencing. I dodn't think even Bio Sculpture were training to tip any longer.

If you do decide you need to use tips (until you are comfortable with sculpting perhaps) then you need to ensure you are building a strong apex with S-gel and ensure your sidewalls ahve enough strngth in them aswell.

That said I really would get on a scuptiong workshop and learn it ASAP! The Bio Free Edge gel is a dream to work with and I can knock out a full set of strong sculpts in less than an hour, so its worth it from the speed aspect as well!

Yes - bio are not the best with tips as the flexibility of the gel isnt compatible with many tips which are alot more rigid. The only tips that I have managed to find that are similar in flexibility with Bio are CNDs performance tips (and have made sure I used 2 good layers of s-gel in the sandwich), but still would choose to sculpt with Bio.

Have you thought of using the buff off gels when the client wants tips?

BTW - there is not blending at all with the CNDs performance tips as they are well-less and lovely and thin.

Yeah as everyone else has said - you won't have much success with bio over tips. I never have and when I started using them - 8 years ago - I thought the problem was me - as unfortunately I didn't have the geek to refer to.

I think the rigidness of a tip and the flexibility of the gel just don't work in harmony togther - almost repelling each other.

Have a little more confidence in your sculpting - you won't regret it!!!

Ok so sculpts are the way to go! thankyou for all your replies! I have done a set this morning and hopefully my client will truthfully let me know how she gets on with them!
Thanks again,
Maxine x

Latest posts

Back