Bio sculpture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Pink Orange

Reaction score
Hello Geeks!

Was just wondering if any one had any comments for this product? And if poss what level ie high, mid, low end? How does it compare to Brisa?

Hello Geeks!

Was just wondering if any one had any comments for this product? And if poss what level ie high, mid, low end? How does it compare to Brisa?

Please use the search facility and search Bio Sculpture. There is plenty to read.

i used bio for 4 yrs and have converted to Brisa..... bio is an undercured gel hence u can soak it off which is most damaging to the nails.... and it yellows..... brisa is a hard gel that is based on Cnd s l&p system never yellows easy to file its fantastic try it.... and i have had so much support through Cnd /Sweat 2...... there educators are so fantatic...
bio is a very flat gel to ... with Brisa u can sculpt with 4 a perfect apex hope this helps xx

hi

what do you mean its the most damaging to nails? please explain?

Becki xxx

They really are 2 very different gels....

I think Bio is great for those clients who want a colour NNO (natural nail overlay) and to change the colour often..as its very quick and easy to soak off. I didn't find Bio very strong over tips but its perfect for those with shortish nails NNO....i did find that french discoloured but i "think" they have a topcoat for this now. Also it never/rarely lifts, even with minimal prep.

Brisa is a buff off gel that gives great strength....fab all rounder, tips, NNO, sculpts....crisp bright french that stay crisp and bright....they also do colours...they have a great reputation and customer support with Creative is 100%

Maybe you could get a nail done in each at a salon to see what you think....as i said they are 2 very different gels.

I never have any problem soaking off.
I use calgel and not bio but i never see any damage at all unless you pry or scrape it off before its ready which clients left to their own devices sometimes do and get a slap.
I think there is a problem when you have numerous layers through doing too many infils and it gets too thick.
Therefore it is much kinder to do a soak off.
I only infill once therefore someone will have a soak off about every 6 weeks or so and when i say soak off its foil wraps under a warm wheatie and it takes about 15 mins max and the gel literally falls away from the nail.

I never have any problem soaking off.
I use calgel and not bio but i never see any damage at all unless you pry or scrape it off before its ready which clients left to their own devices sometimes do and get a slap.
I think there is a problem when you have numerous layers through doing too many infils and it gets too thick.
Therefore it is much kinder to do a soak off.
I only infill once therefore someone will have a soak off about every 6 weeks or so and when i say soak off its foil wraps under a warm wheatie and it takes about 15 mins max and the gel literally falls away from the nail.
This is what i do aswell Gillian,and no damage whatsoever!

However i do think there is a market for file off gels,but i mostly use calgel,clients love it,and so do i:)

So in essence back to the question ,i would say not to dismiss Biosculpture,the customer service though ,well don't get me atrated on that one....with calgel there is no minimum order,everyone is great,the education is fabulous,and the support is good,wins all round for me!

They really are 2 very different gels....

I think Bio is great for those clients who want a colour NNO (natural nail overlay) and to change the colour often..as its very quick and easy to soak off. I didn't find Bio very strong over tips but its perfect for those with shortish nails NNO....i did find that french discoloured but i "think" they have a topcoat for this now. Also it never/rarely lifts, even with minimal prep.

Brisa is a buff off gel that gives great strength....fab all rounder, tips, NNO, sculpts....crisp bright french that stay crisp and bright....they also do colours...they have a great reputation and customer support with Creative is 100%

Maybe you could get a nail done in each at a salon to see what you think....as i said they are 2 very different gels.
Thank you:)

This is what i do aswell Gillian,and no damage whatsoever!

However i do think there is a market for file off gels,but i mostly use calgel,clients love it,and so do i:)

So in essence back to the question ,i would say not to dismiss Biosculpture,the customer service though ,well don't get me atrated on that one....with calgel there is no minimum order,everyone is great,the education is fabulous,and the support is good,wins all round for me!

Definately Beauty Guru.
I also do both but Ezflow not Brisa.Some people are a lot harder on their nails and are not good with their aftercare or they want talons in which case a hard gel is better for them.
I would say its 90% Calgel because most of my ladies like colour and just want strength and neatness to their own natural nail.
By using both systems you should be able to cover everyones needs.

hi guys.... i was sayin that the soak off is the worst part of the nail treatment as it is so drying to nails..... i was given this info by a world renound scientist..... as i was askin about the difference between the gels as i was also baffled lol...... by the information given to me ( withought going into more details on what i was told ) i decided Brisa was 4 me:) it also hypallegenic.. i can create an apex & its stronger it does not yellow
and noooo more soaking.... but hey im a Cnd girl through and through.... its great that we have different gels cos what works 4 one does not 4 another eh xxx:hug:

i used bio for 4 yrs and have converted to Brisa..... bio is an undercured gel hence u can soak it off which is most damaging to the nails.... and it yellows..... brisa is a hard gel that is based on Cnd s l&p system never yellows easy to file its fantastic try it.... and i have had so much support through Cnd /Sweat 2...... there educators are so fantatic...
bio is a very flat gel to ... with Brisa u can sculpt with 4 a perfect apex hope this helps xx

I have to disagree with your statement here. Bio is not an undercured gel - it is made as a soak off gel. The industry would not support an undercured gel as it would cause a HUGE problem with over-exposure.

Also, it is no more damaging to the nail plate than any other system on the market today if cared for properly.

Bio is a very flat gel, as it has been made especially for NNO's and very short tip extensions. The reason it is so good for NNO's is because it is quite rubbery - making it really flexible for NNO's. It is a high end product, like Brisa, INM, NSI - but cannot be compared to the others because it is a soak off - not a buff off.

hi guys.... i was sayin that the soak off is the worst part of the nail treatment as it is so drying to nails..... i was given this info by a world renound scientist..... as i was askin about the difference between the gels as i was also baffled lol...... by the information given to me ( withought going into more details on what i was told ) i decided Brisa was 4 me:) it also hypallegenic.. i can create an apex & its stronger it does not yellow
and noooo more soaking.... but hey im a Cnd girl through and through.... its great that we have different gels cos what works 4 one does not 4 another eh xxx:hug:

I too am a CND gal but Biosculpture is one of the most nail friendly gel products I have come across. It is because of this that I love it almost as much as my L&P. :)

hey guys ... i was a big fan of Bio:) and not sayin its bad just spoken to one of the worlds leedin scientist who has educated me on the gels on the market i have learned and understood sooo much.... i am only repeetin wot i have bin told.... every 1 has the option on wot they like and i would never pull another company down as this is un proffesional ... just sayin wot i heard hope i not upset u that was not the point xx:hug: xx

hey mel hope ure well ... i was told it is an undercured gel :eek: soz.... i will check with my scientist friend and let u know hun xx

hey mel hope ure well ... i was told it is an undercured gel :eek: soz.... i will check with my scientist friend and let u know hun xx

Hiya Hun!

I have just e-mailed Doug Schoon for further info on this whole "undercured" thing as I absolutely have to know! From everything Doug has taught me, an undercured gel product would be dangerous for the client because of the overexposure risk. Having said that, there is so much in this industry to still learn - and if I find out from Doug I am wrong - I will be sure to post it here so everyone knows.

You absolutely did not disrespect Bio in any way - so please don't worry about that! Will get back to you soon!

Hi everyone!

Here is what Doug Schoon had to say when I asked him about undercured gels.

Hi Melanie,
In general, UV gels are under cured, either because of the way they are formulated, i.e. to make them removable, or because the tech doesn't apply them properly, i.e. rarely changes the UV bulbs or applies too thickly, etc. Uncuring of UV gels is a huge problem in our industry and why UV gels tend to cause more adverse skin reactions that any other type of artificial nail.

I will also tell you that Biosculpture is based on “acrylate” chemistry like most UV gels, therefore it is an acrylic, like all UV gels.

All products have risks to the users, everything does, even car seats. We live in a risky world and have to accept that and take risks. Nothing is risk-free. I believe that all products currently sold in the marketplace can be used safely, if used properly by a knowledgeable and skilled nail professional. That's why I'm a big believer in education and information.
There is an established history of use with these products. Reports of “issues” are isolated, and a lot of the reported issues could have been due to improper use, technique or procedures. My guess would be that applies to more than half of these are product reactions at all. It’s a pretty small percentage of people in the population seem to develop adverse reactions. When I say that a particular type is more likely to be the cause, I'm not talking about more people, so please understand that.
I'm talking about the “potential" for one type of product to cause adverse reactions is higher than another. I don’t compare product types, but instead, product categories. That’s really the issue. Also, this only applies to the people who are sensitive to these types of materials. Not everybody is. It depends on how your body works.
My belief is that through education and with proper use and the potential for adverse reactions will drop, so I focus my time and energies in education. I think that's the key and the best way to approach these issues, IMO

He makes a lot of sense! I have to stop using gels myself now because my allergy has gotten so severe that I am now burning through my washing-up gloves. L&P all the way for me!

Last edited:
Thanks for that mely-bely & doug, that was so helpful, I have had an ongoing disagreement with a friend about Bio, not that I was saying it is a bad product but what it is made up of & how it can't be that different to other gels on the market in the terms of ingredients. She had been saying how she wouldn't use anything that wasn't based on a natural ingredient & that bio was amazing because you can eat it - hopefully I won't ever be that hungry but suppose you never know???:lol:
So thanks again, I prob won't say anything but atleast I know! xx

Latest posts

Back