Biosculpture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahPierce

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
Im thinking of learning how to do Biosculpture, but the course is xxx€!!!
Therefore, i do not want to pay for the course and then the nails arent even fantastic! Does anyone think that the Biosculpture is good?
I had a trial on my own nails and i do think that theyve lasted quite well, as i find gel can be brittle and break easily. Im currently using NSI gel nails but i find it isnt lasting properly. Have you got any suggestions?
Thanks
Sarah xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you looked at CND Brisa Gels? Certainly no problems with lasting ability or strength with Brisa.
Where in Spain are you? Can I be of help?

I Live in costa del sol. Around marbella, malaga area.
Would i have to do the training for this and are the products expensive?
Thank you soo much for your help
Sarah xx:)

Bio Sculpture is a superb product, durable, flexible and a beautiful colour range to suit every client (including natural and french)....well worth every single penny of the training & kit cost (which in all honesty is actually very good value for what you get - in some other ranges the UV lamp will cost you half of that cost anyway!). We have a Bio Sculpture social group on here and I will send you an invite. You will see a heck of a lot of very happy techs on there!

I get clients through the salon door every week asking for Bio Sculpture by name....they simply don't want anything else on their nails. The gels themselves are a little more expensive than some other ranges but the support products a darn site cheaper than most so the cost per set is actually very good. (especially when you consder you get virtually 100% happy clients with Bio!)

However, Geeg is right, you should consider other gels too, see what suits your client requirements most, and Brisa is a strong, durable and a good value product as well...I actually have both in my range, as neither one (for me at least) is all things to all people.

Good luck....hope you find what works for you xx

Hello,
I have accepted the invite, and will definately have a look around the site. To be honest, i am pleased with the nails. I had them trialed and have had them on nearly a week and they feel fab! Its just the course costs SO much money and i really dont think i could afford that much! *** euros is far too much but it does include a kit aswell. So do you think that it is worth the money?
What do you think about NSI gel? I am trained with NSI, i like the acrylic, but im finding that the gel is brittle and cracks quite easily...
Thank you for all of your help
Sarah xx:)

Last edited by a moderator:
You definitely won't be disappointed if you train with Bio. It's an excellent product and like Zingara wrote, many people ask for it by name. I have used it for several years and still love it.

Brisa is a top-notch choice as well. I ended up training with Akzentz as my Brisa class was cancelled. But I used both products (since I had my kit for Brisa) during training. I prefer Brisa for French because it stays so white and perfect.

In the end you may want to offer both. I would have stuck soley with Bio, except there were just a few clients who needed something a bit stronger. I had one client that does great with a buff-off but simply can't wear Bio. It's great to be able to offer both options but either can definitely stand alone and bring customers through your door by reputation alone.

Good luck with your choice.

Hello,
You said that your client cant use Bio, is this because it is not as strong as the other gels? Is it actually true also that it is good for your nails and doesnt destroy your nails like acrylic and gel? I just find it hard to believe, they say they are putting a vitamin liquid into the nail, but to me, it kind of looks like a prep and they are just pretending that its vitamins... I dont understand that with every gel and acrylic, you need to etch the natural nail, but you dont have to with the gel! Its just wierd!
lol
xxx

Hello,
You said that your client cant use Bio, is this because it is not as strong as the other gels? Is it actually true also that it is good for your nails and doesnt destroy your nails like acrylic and gel? I just find it hard to believe, they say they are putting a vitamin liquid into the nail, but to me, it kind of looks like a prep and they are just pretending that its vitamins... I dont understand that with every gel and acrylic, you need to etch the natural nail, but you dont have to with the gel! Its just wierd!
lol
xxx

No its not true...non of it.

No system...gel/L&P will ruin, damage or destroy your nails.....and using any good quality products only require the shine removed from the nail...no etching. What damages nails are bad nail techs and clients who pick, bite and generally don't look after their nails.

products just sit on the nail....they don't penetrate the nail...how can something thats just sitting on a nail damage it...unless its pulled off.

Its such a shame that companies have to resort to such scare tactics to sell their products....and not be able to just sell them on their own merit.

OK, as a long term and very experienced Bio Tech and also as a user of a number of other systems, I'm going stand up and get a bit defensive, for once, about Bio here, as to be fair, there actually is some truth in what is said. Yes, a lot of it is put across in a somewhat hypey way, but I don't believe its scare tactics....I believe its called marketing. And is there to help us as the techs increase our business!

I've seen far worse from other manufacturers, and not just in the nail industry. It happens everywhere. I utterly abhor the way that some suppliers disguise their marketing as education (and then pop at others for doing the same)...to a point where a tech won't accept that any other product or system could be different, or even better.

So in the lack of Bio Sculpture here to defend themselves (which yes is a shame, but they do support me fully in doing so on their behalf), and fully aware that for some reason - its never been a popular system on salongeek (which is one of the reasons they will no longer come on here and I have my own personal opinions on why they aren't the system 'du jour' - but I'm not putting personal opinon in here, I'm sticking to plain and simple facts) I'm prepared to stand up and fight for Bio in this.

Firstly, Bio do have a product, called Vitamin Dose, that is applied directly to the nail, before gel application. It is a nail health booster, is packed full of vitamin ingredients and used regularly does increase the strength and flexibility of the nails. So no, the gel itself doesn't put 'vitamin's directly into the nail, but the system can help the strength of the nail, if all used correctly - much the way one would advocate the use of cuticle oil.

Secondly, in all honestly, you don't even need to remove shine with Bio.....a file never need touch the natural nail bar shaping, and it still never lifts. And whilst I appreciate that removing the shine shouldn't damage the nail....I still personally won't have L&P on my nails nowadays, as I strongly believe that the majority of techs (including some very experienced & highly trained ones) remove far too much 'shine', and its taken me a long old time to get my nails back in good condition.

And thirdly, Bio soaks off clean in no more than 5 minutes, which minimises contact with drying product removers.

I have tested these theories, with one product one one hand....one on the other, and in all honesty it took a heck of a site longer to get the non-Bio nails back into condition.

So, yes....by far, the worst thing for a nail, condition-wise, is a bad tech or bad client. But the system and the method of application can make a difference. Yes, a good tech shouldn't damage the nail, but the Bio system is put together in such a way that its nigh on impossible to damage it, even if you aren't as skilled as the next person, or if you are still in training...you should be able to confdently protect the health of the nail. And what is so wrong with that....especially if its a good strong system that never lifts?

I've built a business on Bio and the majority of my clients are converts from other systems....not based on what they've been told, but based on the condition of their own nails....which they get to see regularly, as I remove and replace every other set. The quality of ingredients is second to none (check the MSDS - they don't 'pretend' anything is anything its not), and the marketing....works. This morning alone, I've taken two calls from new clients asking for Bio Sculpture and Bio Sculpture alone.....they don't want ANY other system and only booked in because I could offer them Bio. I've never had a request for any other system in the 5 years I've been a tech. And I'm certainly not pulling the wool over anyones eyes. The name, the product and marketing has been worth more to me than I could have afforded to put into my business over the years, and next to my skill are the single best asset I've got.

As an aside.....in response to your concerns on cost, Bio isn't the cheapest gel on the market, but the system is certainly no more expensive than any other when looked at as a whole. I know of one supplier that charges me twice what Bio do for a bulb for my gel lamp....and yet they are the very same bulb....made by the very same manufacturer,. with the very same part number! Go figure!!

OK, stepping down now off my rather defensive orange Bio box now....but someone has to stand up for them for once, as they truly never seem to get a fair chance on here.

Incidentally...I also had one client that couldn't wear Bio. She did used to be able to, but since entering menopause, its been popping off her nails (nice and cleanly - no damage). She can wear L&P, but chooses not too as it also lifts easily on her and look tatty very quickly. We are sticking to polish for now, but she hopes to go back to Bio as her hormones settle.

OK, as a long term and very experienced Bio Tech and also as a user of a number of other systems, I'm going stand up and get a bit defensive, for once, about Bio here, as to be fair, there actually is some truth in what is said. Yes, a lot of it is put across in a somewhat hypey way, but I don't believe its scare tactics....I believe its called marketing. And is there to help us as the techs increase our business!

I've seen far worse from other manufacturers, and not just in the nail industry. It happens everywhere. I utterly abhor the way that some suppliers disguise their marketing as education (and then pop at others for doing the same)...to a point where a tech won't accept that any other product or system could be different, or even better.

So in the lack of Bio Sculpture here to defend themselves (which yes is a shame, but they do support me fully in doing so on their behalf), and fully aware that for some reason - its never been a popular system on salongeek (which is one of the reasons they will no longer come on here and I have my own personal opinions on why they aren't the system 'du jour' - but I'm not putting personal opinon in here, I'm sticking to plain and simple facts) I'm prepared to stand up and fight for Bio in this.

Firstly, Bio do have a product, called Vitamin Dose, that is applied directly to the nail, before gel application. It is a nail health booster, is packed full of vitamin ingredients and used regularly does increase the strength and flexibility of the nails. So no, the gel itself doesn't put 'vitamin's directly into the nail, but the system can help the strength of the nail, if all used correctly - much the way one would advocate the use of cuticle oil.

Secondly, in all honestly, you don't even need to remove shine with Bio.....a file never need touch the natural nail bar shaping, and it still never lifts. And whilst I appreciate that removing the shine shouldn't damage the nail....I still personally won't have L&P on my nails nowadays, as I strongly believe that the majority of techs (including some very experienced & highly trained ones) remove far too much 'shine', and its taken me a long old time to get my nails back in good condition.

And thirdly, Bio soaks off clean in no more than 5 minutes, which minimises contact with drying product removers.

I have tested these theories, with one product one one hand....one on the other, and in all honesty it took a heck of a site longer to get the non-Bio nails back into condition.

So, yes....by far, the worst thing for a nail, condition-wise, is a bad tech or bad client. But the system and the method of application can make a difference. Yes, a good tech shouldn't damage the nail, but the Bio system is put together in such a way that its nigh on impossible to damage it, even if you aren't as skilled as the next person, or if you are still in training...you should be able to confdently protect the health of the nail. And what is so wrong with that....especially if its a good strong system that never lifts?

I've built a business on Bio and the majority of my clients are converts from other systems....not based on what they've been told, but based on the condition of their own nails....which they get to see regularly, as I remove and replace every other set. The quality of ingredients is second to none (check the MSDS - they don't 'pretend' anything is anything its not), and the marketing....works. This morning alone, I've taken two calls from new clients asking for Bio Sculpture and Bio Sculpture alone.....they don't want ANY other system and only booked in because I could offer them Bio. I've never had a request for any other system in the 5 years I've been a tech. And I'm certainly not pulling the wool over anyones eyes. The name, the product and marketing has been worth more to me than I could have afforded to put into my business over the years, and next to my skill are the single best asset I've got.

As an aside.....in response to your concerns on cost, Bio isn't the cheapest gel on the market, but the system is certainly no more expensive than any other when looked at as a whole. I know of one supplier that charges me twice what Bio do for a bulb for my gel lamp....and yet they are the very same bulb....made by the very same manufacturer,. with the very same part number! Go figure!!

OK, stepping down now off my rather defensive orange Bio box now....but someone has to stand up for them for once, as they truly never seem to get a fair chance on here.

Incidentally...I also had one client that couldn't wear Bio. She did used to be able to, but since entering menopause, its been popping off her nails (nice and cleanly - no damage). She can wear L&P, but chooses not too as it also lifts easily on her and look tatty very quickly. We are sticking to polish for now, but she hopes to go back to Bio as her hormones settle.

Very well said. I'm just learning gels myself, but what I will say is what I know from L & P and getting gel on my nails from various shops as a client.

Bio is the best product I've ever had put on my nails - bar none. I love how flexible and natural it is - and how it NEVER LIFTS!!! I am a serious lifter, every product lifts on me - however some more than others... with my paper thin nails and even thinner skin. Also, some products are brittle, and I love to garden and do other active things, so strength is very important for me. I don't think Bio is as hard as my second favorite gel - IBD.

I've had numerous products used on me, and nothing beats Bio. It is healthier because nail prep is so minimal (some products regardless of prep need more filing of the natural nail than others - such as IBD - which always lifts on me, especially my right hand) and with any lifting you can have nail bed damage (lifting can cause breaks, nails to pull off, not to mention lifting that makes the tech have to file the lifted areas again causing more nail damage etc.)

However, if your clients are only prepared to pay bottom dollar pricing, you are starting out on a budget, then there is a very narrow profit window for Bio. It's like saying which is a better car - a 2 door Hyundai or a fully loaded Jaguar. Sometimes budget means more than quality if Biogel isn't profitable. If budget is a factor, there ARE other excellent brands on the market.

It never hurts to train with the best and carry their products, you can offer several brands, just put in an additional charge for the good stuff.

I have to reply to this becouse Lyndseys reply was so good...(as always)

I have used Bio and can 100% say yes....The adhesion power is 100%...amazes me when there are threads saying "help, Bio lifting" cos it just doesnt....even with minimal prep.

I have always said that Bio is a fab gel....not the strongest...but for for NNO on a active length nail in my experience it was top....although i know that others have success with it for sculpts...i just didn't...or over tips.

I didnt know about this vitamin products they do...i assumed they where talking about the gel....my bad.

My point though wasn't to slag off Bio...have never done that. It was that NO product just sat there on a nail will cause damage....not the product itself...it doesn't penetrate the nail so how can it.

Thanks Lyndsay for giving some very valid points that I didn't know about...:hug:

Lyndsey thank you so much for that post, I learnt plenty from it. I really want to introduce a soak off coloured gel to my product range and would love to do Bio, but the start up cost of it is high...... Hmmm, I am tempted though! Does anyone know how OPI Axxium soak off colours compare in terms of performance?

Im in the exact same boat as you vetty , i think the bio gel is fab! ive had it on my nails for a week and they still look good!
I really do agree with lyndsay about the bio scuplture. Also with bagpuss, it really irritates me when clients come in and theyre like... ohhh no i dont want acrylic or gel... they are soooo bad for my nails!!! And i always say nooo, its got nothing to do with the acrylic and gel. Its only damaging when you have a bad tech doing it, and they file too much on the natural nail. When ive had a few clients come in and their nails have been paper thin, ive never wanted to do any gel or acrylic on them. I know that by them having that extra strength on their nails would be really beneficial, but i dont like to file the natural nail when they are sooo thin! thats what i like about bio gel, as i would be confident enough to apply it on thin nails, as i know it would be sooooooo beneficial for them. But the same as vetty, its just such a high cost course, and yes i know i get products with it, but coughing up all that money is just far too much for this recession!
Thank you all sooo much xxx

I trained with Bio Sculpture I find them very good the training was great. I get at least three weeks out of a gel overlay then remove and re gel. I like the way they soak off usually in about 10 - 15 mins. Well worth the money kept my business going through the quieter times as they are a regular booking per client.

Hi there,

I had some time on my hands today, so I thought as Im new to Bio and sculpting the forms, that I would try and make a bio stilletto sculpt. The first one was a little uneven but the second one was great. I took some pics but the site wont let me load the one picture for some reason, but I loved it.

Im due to take my certification in October, but this practice has given me much more confidence - I just wish you could see it!!!!

Kindest,

Xhristine - just keep practicing i think!!!!!

Only just seen this thread so apologies for not replying sooner.

Up until my maternity leave a few months ago Bio Sculpture was the main system that I used on my clients and many of them came to me because of using the Bio Sculpture soakable gel. I also at times got hacked off with Bio price and lack of customer service and tried other similar products but none of them came up to the same quality as Bio.

I did also have clients that needed a stronger buff off gel or L&P product than Bio so it does pay to have more than just Bio to offer your clients as you limit your options too much to solely rely on it but as I said it was the one system that was loved my most of my clients.

Go with Bio but do also consider a good quality buff off gel and L&P as well.

Hi there,

I had some time on my hands today, so I thought as Im new to Bio and sculpting the forms, that I would try and make a bio stilletto sculpt. The first one was a little uneven but the second one was great. I took some pics but the site wont let me load the one picture for some reason, but I loved it.

Im due to take my certification in October, but this practice has given me much more confidence - I just wish you could see it!!!!

Kindest,

Xhristine - just keep practicing i think!!!!!

Oooh, I would really love to see them! Why not try uploading to the Bio social group and see f you can do it that way. Or if you want to email me them to me to do so, just pm me for an address.

This company invests in advertising - They will bring you clients. I am doing extensive research at the moment in quality of provision and back up - At the moment Biosculpture can't be beaten!! Minx could be the same IF ONLY consumers are aware!!

Does anyone know how OPI Axxium soak off colours compare in terms of performance?
I had an Axxium colour applied by a trained tech. It is very 'bendy' and offered little support. It looked very nice applied to my short nails but started to chip after 1.5 wks although it is only meant to last 2 weeks. Bio stays on as long as I can live with the regrowth. The most frustrating part is the soaking off. After extensive filing and extra time soaking, parts still weren't budging. In the end the extra time removing cancels out any savings. Not impressed.

bio is fab it turned my salon around without it im sure i would have ceased trading at the start of the recession. Love it love it love it xx thanks bio

Latest posts

Back