Birmingham for shopping-anyone know it quite well?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
Other half and I are off to Birmingham tomorrow, dropping our girls at the NEC for the clothes show and we are off shopping.

Does anyone know Birmingham well enough to advise on where to shop please? Is the Bullring the best bet - or is there a High Street as well? Any advice on parking . . . we should be arriving around 9.30/10am.

I've heard theres a canal - is that around the shopping area too? Thanks so much!

I would go to the bull ring yes there is a canal that's on broad st where all the pubs and clubs are xxx

I'm not from there but been shopping many times. Bull Ring is ok and there's also Broad St etc but it's all pretty close and there's loads of little sign posts. There's also The Mailbox which has posh shops. The canal district is lovely for bars and cafés, look for signs to Sea Life and you'll find it. Never had a prob parking, follow the bull ring signs.
Enjoy!

The German market is on too so have a look round there I went last night :) was lovely,

Everything is all very close I'd stick to bullring for shopping but if you walk outside of the bullring there's a lot of shops out there too, not so much one 'high street', but multiple streets with different shops xx

Plenty of shops in bullring and around the streets. Its huge! Go and explore.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I went to university there, it's a great place for shopping!

Been a couple of times as my partner was born in Birmingham. I remember it being very crowded and very big. Went to the Bullring:)

Thanks for all the tips!

Had a brilliant day - the Bull Ring was busy but not unbearable and I tell you what, the German market was pretty good....since visiting COlogne in Germany a couple of years ago and doing the CHristmas markets there, the ones over here are laughable - but that one, I would say, is as good as it's going to get outside of Germany

We are going to plan a weekend up there with our teenage daughters as I know they would love it - have to save up some serious spending money first!

Thanks again for the advice xx

Latest posts

Back