Bit of a rant - the cheek!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with asking for information! Nothing cheeky about it. It is no worse than Google-ing it in fact it is better to get a personal recommendation for something than trial and error. I think she was pretty smart to ask you. I have always got the most meaningful information from asking others. What do we think mentors are for?

It sounds to me that whether she is serious or not has nothing to do with why you think she has been cheeky and that you had to rant about it! The fact is that you stated quite clearly you were just starting out and didn't fancy her undermining your business and that you had no intention of sharing your information or helping her. It's all right there in your first post. :D That's your prerogative but I'm happy there are rather allot of people that are pretty glad that I do not mind sharing everything I know. lol

Last edited:
Hello
I just don’t understand why it upsets U?
At this site we all ask them ahead of us how to do, what’s the best way etc ..
And the gurus always give us a hand, day after day. Think if those would think, I have worked my as of to achieve my reputation and skills .

Yes U had to work for it to come this way, but why don’t see U as someone to look up to and seek advices from . If her heart is in nails U can feel u helped her out, and if she thinks it’s just a good money game she will soon beware of them costs.

I’m a dressage trainer and I always say please ask my 1000 times to much instead of one single time less.
If I’m in the stables and someone have more pupils than me I will just get inspired to do a better job. The same goes for my nailart. If a fellow tech doing good nails, or doing some fancy nailart I can’t do . then I really feel the urge to train to get better, and the miracle is I can write down my questions here and a lot good people with lots of experience, who put a huge effort and money to be that good, rushes to my aid an help me out and just get a thanx and a hug.

Maybe she just think U are bang good at doing nails and she also wants to be good

I'm sorry but it's not cheeky to ask where you did your training. It's flattering as she must have thought you did a good job!
It's pretty obvious that I did some CND training when I'm using CND products- why would I want to hide that?!!

Well that's your opinion. I wouldn't dream of going into someone's work abd asking them where they studied etc. it's up to me to do that if I want that career.

Just had a look at your profile.... You have made a few posts asking for people's help/advice. Is that not the same thing your being critical about?

I think you need to realise that everyone needs help/advice... Just take it as a compliment that she asked you for it

Nothing wrong with asking for information! Nothing cheeky about it. It is no worse than Google-ing it in fact it is better to get a personal recommendation for something than trial and error. I think she was pretty smart to ask you. I have always got the most meaningful information from asking others. What do we think mentors are for?

It sounds to me that whether she is serious or not has nothing to do with why you think she has been cheeky and that you had to rant about it! The fact is that you stated quite clearly you were just starting out and didn't fancy her undermining your business and that you had no intention of sharing your information or helping her. It's all right there in your first post. :D That's your prerogative but I'm happy there are rather allot of people that are pretty glad that I do not mind sharing everything I know. lol

People are not getting it. I've been brought up that if you want something you get it off your own back. Yes ask for help but don't expect anyone else to do your leg work for you. I found this site by my own research. And it's been invaluable and in this environment it's acceptable to ask for help and advice. I would t dream of going to someone and copying their business idea and plan. Again that's up to me to do the leg work. Of she had come and said "what's you opinion of x y and z courses" then I would gladly help. She didn't. She expects me to tell her everything.

Sorry I flamin posted now. Thought you lot would understand but it seems I have very different standards and morals to most on here.

No because it's cheeky!
I know excately what you mean your friends trying to live up/copy the to the jones's as it were. Your friend clearly didnt have a clue what to do till she poked her nose in your business. In highten sight i think she became jel. ''O my friends got that so i should get one''
And them type will keep you down to put themselfs up on could 9. And after you have struggled to make things work they just get everything the easy way and probably use for your knowledge and forget you.
If i were you i would not tell her a thing .This may sound hard but tough!you have sometimes in life have to be crule to be kind !

I know excately what you mean your friends trying to live up/copy the to the jones's as it were. Your friend clearly didnt have a clue what to do till she poked her nose in your business. In highten sight i think she became jel. ''O my friends got that so i should get one''
And them type will keep you down to put themselfs up on could 9. And after you have struggled to make things work they just get everything the easy way and probably use for your knowledge and forget you.
If i were you i would not tell her a thing .This may sound hard but tough!you have sometimes in life have to be crule to be kind !

Oh thank the lord!! Someone who gets it!!

Depends on the type of person you are I guess.

there's no right or wrong in this situation just difference of opinion some people will see as flattery others will take offence.

But if you post on here you can't expect everyone to agree with you, no ones having a dig you clearly want people's opinions for you to have posted and your getting them.

One of my old friends who I used to do her nails for free while I practiced started doing nails after watching me do them. She brought loads of eBay and started charging £10 a set. No traing, insurance or declared tax. Just a hobby.

At least your friend wants training and to buy the real stuff.

I've asked people on salon geek who have done stuff for years and Tryed all the prouducts to find the perfect one and yet have still told me what they recommend, it's all about helping each other.

Depends on the type of person you are I guess.

there's no right or wrong in this situation just difference of opinion some people will see as flattery others will take offence.

But if you post on here you can't expect everyone to agree with you, no ones having a dig you clearly want people's opinions for you to have posted and your getting them.

I was not asking for advice. I was having a rant. Where did I ask for opinions? I thought most of you would be of the same opinion as me but clearly not. My mistake. Thought we were allowed to sound off about things without being judged. This site really is getting beyond a joke with its judgemental attitude at the moment! No wonder alot of people in the industry roll their eyes when I mention I use this site!

I consider it cheeky to not bother to do any of the research yourself and expect someone else to just tell you what to do and make it easy. Life isn't easy and if you want something you need to work and work and work for it. I would never have went up to someone and said the same thing. Asked for advice certainly but not expect everything given to me on a plate.
I think you're being rather over sensitive! She asked where you trained, hardly a big deal?

If she'd gone in depth and asked how much other courses you'd looked at cost, how many days those other courses were, how long they were for, what the cost of all their products were etc etc, I'd understand your problem.

As for how you've been brought up, she didn't ask for you to load the internet pages, make the phone call, do the course for her, did she??!!

To be honest, I think clients have a right to know where you've trained - if you feel that threatened at her 'cheek', get outta the industry now cause you will come across far worse 'problems' than this!:eek:

I think you're being rather over sensitive! She asked where you trained, hardly a big deal?

If she'd gone in depth and asked how much other courses you'd looked at cost, how many days those other courses were, how long they were for, what the cost of all their products were etc etc, I'd understand your problem.

As for how you've been brought up, she didn't ask for you to load the internet pages, make the phone call, do the course for her, did she??!!

To be honest, I think clients have a right to know where you've trained - if you feel that threatened at her 'cheek', get outta the industry now cause you will come across far worse 'problems' than this!:eek:

she ****** well did!! how many times have i stated that?!"?!?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:

Morals? Standards? There you are in a nutshell. This post has explained perfectly how you feel so you're right, I'm glad to say that I have very a very different concept of how to treat people ... and if it is of any interest, my father made every one of the 4 us work for every cent of pocket money we ever got ... but we also learned to "pay it forward" to others and we do. THAT is why we have been successful and that is why I can feel good about myself.

Sharing hurts no one ... it is what the other person does with the knowledge that is important. Helping someone out with information is just words ... just a pointer in the right direction. You may feel you have done load of hard work .. others might just say you went on the internet came to a website and asked ... it's not hard to find Salon geek as it is the largest online resource for salon professionals in the world ... top of the google page for anything nails.

Seems that not everyone is in agreement with your approach. That is no reason to get stroppy. Why not listen to another point of view and grow from it. Maybe soften a little and see the nicer side.

Last edited:
Oh thank the lord!! Someone who gets it!!
I know what you mean ...Asking asking about where did you do your training????? ...Your mate is clearly trying to be sarcastic!!!..I have been asked this question before in this kind of way and it does hurt ..It makes you feel like your not doing something right or your crap.. when your clearly bright:(... How sarcastic can people get??? its just ridiculous

she ****** well did!! how many times have i stated that?!"?!?!?!
No need to swear :rolleyes:

"hi where did you do your training I'm thinking of doing nails now too".

Here is what you wrote in your OP - I responded to that, hardly my fault that no one agreed with you so you've since decided to over exaggerate what ACTUALLY was written - last I saw, she hadn't replied!!! Pffft!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
No need to swear :rolleyes:

"hi where did you do your training I'm thinking of doing nails now too".

Here is what you wrote in your OP - I responded to that, hardly my fault that no one agreed with you so you've since decided to over exaggerate what ACTUALLY was written - last I saw, she hadn't replied!!! Pffft!!!

i didnt copy the message word for word. apologies for summarising. i could have said alot worse. please let this thread go now. im off. i wont be back. ill find a site where professionals act as such and dont get their kicks belittling other people. not just this thread but all over this forum just now.

i didnt copy the message word for word. apologies for summarising. i could have said alot worse. please let this thread go now. im off. i wont be back. ill find a site where professionals act as such and dont get their kicks belittling other people. not just this thread but all over this forum just now.
Toughen up, seriously - there's far worse that could happen. Sorry if that sounds harsh but as you have been told over & over there was nothing cheeky about it.

Ok, I am now calling time on this thread before it gets out of hand.

In the meantime, may I please refer everyone to Rule 9 of Salon Geek Rules which states "Reply to others how you would like them to reply to you".

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back