Black Magic - Spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missyb1975

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone out there using Black Magic spray tan solution can help me.

I have a client who loves to be really dark. I find that I need to spray her with 4 coats (drying off inbetween) to get to a colour she's happy to walk out with. I saw her the day after her last tan and she really didn't look any darker than she would have been after 2 coats and I explained that to her. She used to get 2 coats of Bonza Bronze Chocolate at another salon but has decided she likes the Black Magic colour better.

How does this tan work in comparison to other tans on the market with varying DHA %'s? How many coats are too many? I'm sick of spending 30mins tanning her and mopping up the pool of overspray after she's left.

Thanks
Melissa:confused:

Why dont you look for them on google hun and ask them to send you some samples.You can ask them any questions you have at the same time x

Hi Hun,
I find it doesn't matter how many times you spray they won't go any darker, the only way your client can go darker is by having what we would call a "Normal" tan, then comng in again 24 hours later for another "Normal " Tan, then she will be a lot darker.
I spray twice, nice light spray on 1st coat, then another coat maybe slightly heavier, but not always, I find they dry better that way, and I use a hairdryer to dry them faster.
I use Sun Lab, they have a very dark colour, it is a 12% but you can buy intensefiying drops from them, which raise the DHA.
Phone them and see what they say, you can buy it on NSI website, free delivery and no vat until 31st this month.
Lota luv x :hug:

If you spray dry you wont need to dry them off... I agree, more coats doesnt = more colour... and its only the colour guide that she is walking away with, not the developed tan anyway...

Thanks guys. I spoke with the Black Magic reps at the Beauty Expo in Sydney this past weekend and found out they've introduced a darker shade just recently so that should keep my client happy and reduce spraying time with this particular client. :)

Latest posts

Back