Black tip help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigi

Reaction score
I have had a request for L&P black tips, I would normally use a black powder and create the tip but she doesnt want that. she wants black tips and a clear over the top .............each to their own...

Anyway, does anyone know where i can get some from?

thank you for your help

tigi
xxxx

Sounds like it will add to the cost quite a bit if you have to get in black tips just for her, dose she know about nail enhancements ? have you explained that the tip is not the strenth ect? to be honest I would do it the way you know your the nail tech hun! lol
but if she really wont let you then hears a few ideas ,
1) what id go for as im guessing that you already have black powder? get some Arabella fantasy forms, mesuer up her nails and make the tips on the forms, then aply them as a tip and do your clear overlay, then you have the re useable forms to play with to!
2) do you use gel ? the brisa black gel is fab,could use it over clear tips ?

Products - Sam Biddle - Be Inspired

You can get them on ebay, but what i would suggest is using natural colored tips with acrylic paint on them. Works just as well.

Or use polish and just paint the darned tip black !!! ... it will last for weeks and is quick to do easy to do and cheap to do. You guys sure make things complicated when they can be so simple.

Or use polish and just paint the darned tip black !!! ... it will last for weeks and is quick to do easy to do and cheap to do. You guys sure make things complicated when they can be so simple.

You rock, geeg! :hug:

I have a little tub with tips in that I have pre-painted with varnish in a variety of colours ( in my own tip sizes of course!) Then, if I want a quick splash of colour to match something or for a particular reason, I just stick them on and put clear over the top.

I did myself a Louboutin set this way - painted top black and undersides red minus the margin to apply glue. So many people commented on them :)

I agree with Geeg
I mean, how often would you get someone who specifically wants black tips? It wouldn't be very cost effective for you.

I would just charge her for the extra time you have to spend painting the tips for her.

I have had a request for L&P black tips, I would normally use a black powder and create the tip but she doesnt want that. she wants black tips and a clear over the top .............each to their own...

Anyway, does anyone know where i can get some from?

thank you for your help

tigi
xxxx

Hi

Millenium nails do a coloured range of tips including black. Never tried them, but you could give them a go if she is insisting! lol , some clients know EXACTLY what they like, regardless of our advice. Good luck

Hi

Millenium nails do a coloured range of tips including black. Never tried them, but you could give them a go if she is insisting! lol , some clients know EXACTLY what they like, regardless of our advice. Good luck

Actually ... most clients have no idea about the alternatives we can offer instead of buying in especially for them!

OH this one knows, she has just moved to the area and wants what she wants........ I would be more than happy to sculpt her some or to paint some. BUT she doesnt want that... I have explained the options, but she is adamant.

Anyway, she is happy to pay for the tips and for me to keep them just for her. I dont want to lose her if I can help it (every customer counts and all that jazz).

I shall give millenium a go

thanks guys,

tigi

"having a go at pleasing EVERY customer in the world this week. lol"

Latest posts

Back