Bleach Shampoo?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 19740

Reaction score
Hi guys

I am currently a very dark red (Fudge Paintbox Cherry Bomb over dark brown). I am naturally dark brown.

I want to go blonde (which I have been many times in the past). What is the best way of doing this? I realise red (especially a semi) is the hardest colour to get out!! Should I bleach shampoo my hair? I have looked on previous threads about quantities but I'm by no means a professional - so any advice / help would be greatly appreciated!!

All I can say is that if your not a pro in Hairdressing, then go to a Hairdressers or get a mobile hairdresser in to do it. If you do it, it will no doubt cost you more in the long run when it has gone orange or something.

a bleach shampoo may slightly lift you hair also depending on whats underneath . unfortunately bleach doesnt tone so you get any number of shades thrown up from canary yellow to bright red . id be very careful and go to a professional ,just in case

go to a professional hairdressers and get your hair colour corrected as red is the hardest pigment to lift out of the hair shaft itself and if youve had a semi there only meant to last 6-8 washes but if your hair is in porus/bad condition then sometimes the hair will hold the colour so dont do no DIY go to your local hairdressers :)

Thanks for all the advice :)

I'm gonna go to my local hairdressers to have a bleach shampoo but was wondering whether I should go for a light brown tint all over after and then maybe leave it a week before getting blonde highlights? :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the advice :)

I'm gonna go to my local hairdressers to have a bleach shampoo but was wondering whether I should go for a light brown tint all over after and then maybe leave it a week before getting blonde highlights? :rolleyes:

Your hairdresser will advise you
as she will know best what to use afterwards :hug:

You could also try your local college they will do a bleach shampoo for you supervised by the excellent Tutors there,

Also the level three students will do your colour correction for a fraction of the price
these services are great at the moment with the credit crunch situation,
and the college students are always needing models

let us know how you get on , :hug:

Ta Minky! Bit of a stupid random question but do colleges normally do public hairdressing in the evenings? I'd be totally up for goin but work full time and wouldn't be able to go thru the weekday.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ta Minky! Bit of a stupid random question but do colleges normally do public hairdressing in the evenings? I'd be totally up for goin but work full time and wouldn't be able to go thru the weekday.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi Elle, well when I did my Level three , we did all the colouring and colour correction from 5 pm onwwards and finished around 8 or 9 pm :hug:

hi again! Just to say a bleach bath with a colour over the top isnt going to do your hair much good , but the hairdresser will be able to advise you as it completely depends on the condition now and the length and whether your willing to have it cut. You may have to comprimise on the colour it completely depends on what end result you are looking for . If you have beautifully conditioned hair - ignore me!

Has anyone ever used the L'oreal Super Blonde Pre Lightner kit from Boots? That says it will strip colour out of the hair? Worth a go do you reckon??

Well that is up to you, I'm not up on Home colours etc and it isn't my job to recommend them. I dont fancy seeing a post header of 'My Hairs gone orange how do I get it out'? or something along those lines, esp when you have been recommended to go to your Hairdressers.

Only you can decide, but I strongly recommend a Hairdressers.

plz plz dont use pre lightener - no matter how good or however many enzymes and plant extracts

Posted via Mobile Device
Please let them, it's the best way for them to see what needs to happen!! We beg and hope for corrections (usually we are pretty lucky- the salons direct them our way) as a college we provide the same service and technical skill, yes it takes a little longer, but it is very methodical, well planned and carefully supervised and less than 1/2 what they would charge.

Latest posts

Back