Bleach wash with conditioner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inspired

Reaction score
Did a Goldwell colour correction course last week & their recipe for bleach wash includes a couple of pumps of conditioner. Does anyone else use conditioner in their bleach wash? Just interested to know as I'd never heard of it before.

No, I use shampoo.

Yes, I've only ever used with shampoo but Goldwell recommend shampoo & conditioner. I haven't tried yet but I'll be interested to see if what the difference is.

Conditioner closes the cuticle and you need it open!

Conditioner closes the cuticle and you need it open!

That's what I thought. They also say you can use any shampoo but I've only ever been taught to use pre-perm / clarifying.

Sounds abit odd! As said above conditioner closes the cuticle, I can't see any benefit in doing that. I use goldwell and would love some tips! Lol x

Sounds abit odd! As said above conditioner closes the cuticle, I can't see any benefit in doing that. I use goldwell and would love some tips! Lol x

I would have to say their courses are fantastic. If you're in the market for some training, get yourself on one of their courses!

I always use conditioner in a bleach bath, I was also a model for a matrix catwalk show where they used conditioner in between colour stripping and applying the next colour and also use argan oil or fudge one shot in some colours (mainly bleach).

I used to, but find it works quicker without. I do use conditioner after, before colouring though. It's on and of in 30 seconds just to smooth and stop the client panicking about its feel xoxo

I used to, but find it works quicker without. I do use conditioner after, before colouring though. It's on and of in 30 seconds just to smooth and stop the client panicking about its feel xoxo

haha I so know what you mean!!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using SalonGeek

I would have to say their courses are fantastic. If you're in the market for some training, get yourself on one of their courses!

Where did you go for the course? Did you work on clients or was it a seminar? X

Never use conditioner in bleach baths.
Like other though I condition the hair between colouring and before toning as it stops any oxidation and gives a more even surface to get an even tone result.

Never use conditioner in bleach baths.
Like other though I condition the hair between colouring and before toning as it stops any oxidation and gives a more even surface to get an even tone result.

So your saying after your do like highlights or colouring you shampoo the client hair, then use conditioner before toning? ;) never done this

Where did you go for the course? Did you work on clients or was it a seminar? X

Goldwell Academy in London. It was a full day training, theory in the morning 9.30 - 12.15 & practical in the afternoon 1 - 4.

Latest posts

Back