Blending my white tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kutiekelly2005

Reaction score
Ok ... I seem to be having problems blending my white tips. I tend to be either over blending and they end up only just on the natural nail OR I I can't get the blending line straight if you know what I mean :o

Any help at all would be appreciated?

Ok hun I am a bit confused as you do not blend white tips you either file out the well to make a nice smile or cut it out.
Then apply to nail and apply overlay.:hug:

Ok ... I seem to be having problems blending my white tips. I tend to be either over blending and they end up only just on the natural nail OR I I can't get the blending line straight if you know what I mean :o

Any help at all would be appreciated?

You dont blend white tips at all. :hug:

you dont blend white tips hun
if you are going to use white tips you just buff over them.
even better dont use them...lol

I was taught not to blend white tips & don't, just take the shine of the tips.

The help I would offer would be to carry on using your white tips for a while, as has been said you don't blend them, just buff off the shine completely, but I think it would be excellent practice if you applied white acrylic over the top of the white tips and used pink/clear on the nailbed. That way you can use the white tip as a guide and eventually you'll be able to do without them and just use pink and white l&p on a natural tip (which will be stronger anyway). It is hard to start with, really hard, but you'll get better gradually. Good luck with it hun. x

The help I would offer would be to carry on using your white tips for a while, as has been said you don't blend them, just buff off the shine completely, but I think it would be excellent practice if you applied white acrylic over the top of the white tips and used pink/clear on the nailbed. That way you can use the white tip as a guide and eventually you'll be able to do without them and just use pink and white l&p on a natural tip (which will be stronger anyway). It is hard to start with, really hard, but you'll get better gradually. Good luck with it hun. x

great advice, this is how alot of us started practising pink and white application
then you can ditch those white tips:)

:o :o :o :o

Guess who feels stupid now!! :o :o

No wonder they didn't look right :o :o :o

:o :o :o :o

Guess who feels stupid now!! :o :o

No wonder they didn't look right :o :o :o

Don't worry mate we have all used white tips and sometimes I still do.
Just don't blend them.

oooh no dont feel silly :hug:
i did this too when i first started luvvie , and i wracked my brains to try to figure out what i was doing wrong ....till geeks came to the rescue xxx
just buff over them with a white block etc...to remove the shine xxx

Don't feel silly hun, the only way you find out is by asking the question!

Don't feel bad. I blended them at first too. Thank goodness for brush on white gel!!!

Great advice honey, just right... thats how I am doing it at the mo for now just to get the hang of the smiles. except not with glitter, I seem to have that off to a tee, dont know why! BUt it gives me a helping hand for a little while longer with those clients with longish nail beds, until I feel a bit better about my smiles. x

if you dont ask you dont know:) bless youxxxxxxxxxxx

Great advice honey, just right... thats how I am doing it at the mo for now just to get the hang of the smiles. except not with glitter, I seem to have that off to a tee, dont know why! BUt it gives me a helping hand for a little while longer with those clients with longish nail beds, until I feel a bit better about my smiles. x
Glitters are so much more dense so you have longer to play with them and perfect your smile :)

Glitters are so much more dense so you have longer to play with them and perfect your smile :)
Oooh I see, never thought of it that way, that explains a lot! thanks hun x x x

why are we trained to put white acrylic ontop of white tips.?
my friend puts clear on the tip, having tried this i think it looks better.
would be interested to know what other people think
sandra:smack:

why are we trained to put white acrylic ontop of white tips.?
my friend puts clear on the tip, having tried this i think it looks better.
would be interested to know what other people think
sandra:smack:

Clear on top of a white tip is ok for a new set (as long as your client has good nail beds and wants a stark white tip look), but what do you do at a rebalance? If you use white power you create your own smile line each time, and you can flatter the clients hands.....

Smile lines are an essential skill of a Nail Tech IMO. If you use white tips use white powder as well so the tip gives you a template for your smile line...... in time you will be able to create the smile without the 'guide' from the tip.

If you only use white tips you can't: (1) perform a permanent french, (2) work on a nail biter or anyone with short, stumpy nail beds, (3) give a client a natural look (in fact any look that's different to white tips)......

Hope that helps with why I think white powder is better!

:irked:hello may i just clarify that ive digested this right...as ive just done my first post regarding smile lines ( or rather .. lack of) If i used white tips, i dont blend... i can apply l&p white to tip and follow the smile line also with gel??
can i ask why you dont blend pre cut white tips ?

Latest posts

Back