Blending seam lines

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am learning Gel nails and (so far) am getting on well with applying the tips and blending the seam lines so they disappear on the Nail Trainer, but my worry is when I (eventually) put nails on real finger nails how will I know if i'm filing the natural nail when blending the seam lines as the Nail Trainer doesn't tell me if I'm hurting her, I don't want to get to the stage when a customer has to tell me sto stop as i'm hurting her...ouch!

Thanks for any advice
Jay

Jay said:
Hi Everyone,

I am learning Gel nails and (so far) am getting on well with applying the tips and blending the seam lines so they disappear on the Nail Trainer, but my worry is when I (eventually) put nails on real finger nails how will I know if i'm filing the natural nail when blending the seam lines as the Nail Trainer doesn't tell me if I'm hurting her, I don't want to get to the stage when a customer has to tell me sto stop as i'm hurting her...ouch!

Thanks for any advice
Jay
You will be able to tell when you have filed the natural nail because it will show as slight scratches, if you hold your file behind the seam line and work towards the line with a gentle file you shouldnt touch the natural nail at all. HTH

Amanda

Geeg put a good tip on the 'to blend or not to blend' post, paint the nail bed red then you will be able to see if you've scratched it easily.

Latest posts

Back