Blending Tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi, can you use creative performance with gel ?

ahh sorry i missed this the first time you asked....:hug:

Yes you can...i know Brisa says about only using clear tips but i have used natural tips with brisa and they have been fine.

Im using tips supplied by essential nails, I tried some nsi tips and there was a huge difference...my course tips were really really tough in comparison as the nsi tips seemed really softed when i filed...but alhough easy to file down i found these difficult because they were white so i needed to file away all the well to find the smile line...then the tip would just break off the end!

I used my essential tips yesterday and pre blended them to save time, but i still managed to make a mess on both of them...two of them the tips just broke off at the smile line, a few were ok and a couple i managed to file a little hole in the tip!

Im trying to be careful but not sure if its me or the tips lol

what grit file are you using for blending tips?

I actually cut most of my well away before i glue the tip on, so ive only got a small ledge to blend onto the tip of their free edge. Just may be another option to try?

i dont understand...they have a well area though? So you dont file any white tips? Do you jut stick them on at the smile line then?

I have white tips with well area, i remove the well area carefully with curved scissors. Then lightly pre blend smile line but not too much.

I found blending tips quite hard too, same as you, i just couldnt see any progress, then one day, Voila! i did it. And i haven't got a bl**dy clue how Lol. It just happened. Hang in there it will happen, i do understand how disheartening it is, it really feels like all the practice hasnt transpired in the end result. But it will happen, promise :). Chin up girl :hug: xx.

ive been using nsi tip blender . Blending is easier and i have had no problems at all I also use tips with the well cut. I think i will try creative no blend tips. Could i still get these (from excel) even though i havent trained with them?

ive been using nsi tip blender . Blending is easier and i have had no problems at all I also use tips with the well cut. I think i will try creative no blend tips. Could i still get these (from excel) even though i havent trained with them?

Creative wont be at excel...but you can ring Sweet Squared and get them.

Thanx for everyones suggestions, I did another set last night and I actually blended them in really well....(not sure how!) but then messed it all up with the l & p! As i just totally applied it really badly....the day before i did the l & p quite well but had bodged the blending in beforehand! grrrrr...better luck with both today eh!

I was talking about tips in general not white tips, we know you dont remove contact area on French tips.

And how can the tip blender keep working after product is applied if we have filed away the seam were we applied the blender......

And i don't reckon a company would design a product that would interfear with the rest of there products.

Personaly i don't use tip blender, but if someone is having problems and i can't see exactly what steps she is doing then i would recomend her to use the product designed for the job...

had the same problem but have 2 tips for you- given to me by geeks.

1. Change the glue! i found the Esstentail Nails glue no good at all- i know it says dont do that- but trust me! I now use a brush on glue and have had no problems!

2. After the blending spray some of the prep over the tip and nail- the colour of it wet is th colour it will look under acrylic/gel.

These really helped and after doing these i did 8 sets in a row without trouble.......:hug:

thanx for the advise...well i never even thought about trying a different adhesive...but now youve mentioned it i will...im beginning to wonder if Dream have any decent products...so far i have discovered that i dont like the tips that are as tough as old boots..nor do i like the monomer as i find it difficult to work with compared to a couple of others that i have tried, thanx for the pointers.

i know you need to use the dream products to submitt the work but they arent going to know about the glue, are they?

Good luck- it really worked for me!:hug:

I personally prefer nsi stuff- and tend to use this for practicing.

I think the glue for the nail trainers is a different make up to the regular glues, you might find other glues take a long time to set on a cold nail trainer.

Good luck with the blending problems. It will come!

it does say that- but my glue sets faster and better- so im really not sure?:)

it does say that- but my glue sets faster and better- so im really not sure?:)

Good to know as I always keep separate glues for both practice hand and real people. Tipping a practice hand is always a pain, next time I use it I will try my regular glue and see how we go.

i use my regular glue and it sets fine but i did also hear that some might take longer to set than others.i think its just a case of trying and seeing what happens.:)

I use NSI Balance gels and I love the durability they have, However I'm having an issue with a good natural tip.The gel will peel off or the tip will crack grrrr help me please!!!:rolleyes:

I use NSI Balance gels and I love the durability they have, However I'm having an issue with a good natural tip.The gel will peel off or the tip will crack grrrr help me please!!!:rolleyes:
i just wondered when you apply gel do you cap the free edge as its possible that this could make a difference?

I cant help but ask who have you trained with.
I have also used EzFlow tip blender its a must but only on natural tips, white tips should not need blending just the surface shine taking off.

Pinny x:rolleyes:

i just wondered when you apply gel do you cap the free edge as its possible that this could make a difference?
Yes, I cap it with gel and sealer. Although, I was told only to use clear tips with gels.

Latest posts

Back