block driving lessons course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracey Roberts

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone had a block of driving lessons? that you do it all, in say a week?? my bloke wants me to do a course to get me passed.
IF so how did you get on?? pass or fail ?? I really need to drive before I qualify in nails and become mobile :confused: do they include the theory or is that done separetly? ( spelling):lol:

Its been a long time since i did driving lessons, but i know in my area the wait for a driving test is 6-8 weeks. So it may be best to ring your local test centre, see how long the wait is to book a test first.

Hope that helps :hug:

i wanted to do one of theses untill every driver i spoke to said dont do it as its all well and good learning how to drive on the course and passing but to be come a driver you need experience just think of it like doing a two day nail course could you feel confident in going out and doing a full set??? imo if you want to learn fast and if you have time on you hands book 3 lots of 10 lessons and do them maybe so lots of lessons for five days a week i took about 40 lessons but my intructer left before my test so i needed ten more with my new instructer as i went from a diesal car to petrol but if you do 2 lessons a day one in the morning and one in the afternoon you can experince differnt types of traiffic on the road and things like that an intensive course is too intensive and you get all your experience in in one go which can be too much or even to little as you might do it all in quiet times or anything and there really expensive and if you fail its a lot to lose and you have to have passed your theroy before taking the course i really looked into it before i learnt to drive and my boyfriend wants to one but i advised him not to. hth learning to driver is easy but being a driver is a lot harder xx let me no what you do

i wanted to do one of theses untill every driver i spoke to said dont do it as its all well and good learning how to drive on the course and passing but to be come a driver you need experience just think of it like doing a two day nail course could you feel confident in going out and doing a full set??? imo if you want to learn fast and if you have time on you hands book 3 lots of 10 lessons and do them maybe so lots of lessons for five days a week i took about 40 lessons but my intructer left before my test so i needed ten more with my new instructer as i went from a diesal car to petrol but if you do 2 lessons a day one in the morning and one in the afternoon you can experince differnt types of traiffic on the road and things like that an intensive course is too intensive and you get all your experience in in one go which can be too much or even to little as you might do it all in quiet times or anything and there really expensive and if you fail its a lot to lose and you have to have passed your theroy before taking the course i really looked into it before i learnt to drive and my boyfriend wants to one but i advised him not to. hth learning to driver is easy but being a driver is a lot harder xx let me no what you do

thanks judie, youre right, crash courses arent that good, i need the experience over time,so it sinks in that bit better,im in no rush, been waiting 20 yrs so a few more months wont hurt :lol: x

it's been a long time since I passed my test and I would agree with rach to find out about booking your test and work towards that, when are you going to be mobile?

IMO crash courses are pointless as you wouldn't learn everything you would in every hour lesson you would take normally. U should be able to book 2 hour lessons though as you would get there quicker, but it also depends on how quick a learner you are and also when your instructor thinks you are ready to take your practical.

Your theory and practical are in 2 parts, you will sit your theory before your practical and in two different test centre's. Booking both will depend on how your instructor feels you are progressing.

trudie - u wont have taken an extra 10 lesson's because of diesel to petrol, it will be because its a new instructor, they have different ways of teaching methods.

HTH

Im sure my friend did one of those courses after loads of lessons with her dad and think it took her 3 attempts to pass in the end. Ive never tried it myself but I know that when I was learning at one point i was having 2 hour lessons...once a week...but in the end i felt i learnt more by having 2 one hour lessons a week...this is because although an hour doesnt seem that long when you first start taking lessons...after driving for an hour you do get tired...you dont concentrate as much, etc etc...i defo learnt more by just doing an hour at a time...its not just about experience either...its about confidence...and confidence has to be built up gradually..unfortunately theres no magic button to automatically give you confidence behind the wheel!

If I were you I would do one hour lessons 2 or 3 times a week (if you can afford it) if not one lesson a week. It seems like its gonna take forever when you first start learning but times flies and before you know it youll be taking your test! lol

I failed my first test in every aspect you could think of lmao and i passed on my second...but i think it was pure luck...i really thought id failed again! lol I defo dont think id pass another!

i had ten lessons, one a week and passed first time!!!

ive never had an accident,( though have seen plenty in my rear view mirror!!!)
lol only joking

I did a week intensive course with the navy, i had never driven before then....theory in the morning and 3 of us shared a car for the week...i was passed by an raf sgt :eek: the following monday got in the car and my confidence just went out of the window, i felt i had forgotten how to drive ...hense i switched to an automatic to build my confidence ...and have driven auromatics ever scince .....so my advice dont do an intensive driving course:lol:

I agree with what has been said....

but :lol: ( I always have a but lately )

It depends on you as a person.....

I had one lesson....for an hour....then I had a 30 minute lesson immediately before my test.... and that was it.....passed first time!!!!

I had however driven a moped at 16 years old for a year which had given me road sense....in abundance in a moped I might add :eek:
I had also gone out with my hubby in different cars and just practised parking, hillstarts, 3 point turns etc....you know the tricky bits....

But something I think you do need....and to be honest it would help with an intensive course of driving lessons....is confidence ( not to be mistaken with cockiness :lol: )
If you feel confident behind the wheel of a car....and have great road sense...then I would definitely go for the intensive course....

Driving like anything comes down to building on your experience....
and that applies whether you have had 50 lessons or 5 lessons....

Like I say....I just think it comes down to the individual....Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

( and this is only my opinion....:lol: )

I had around 32 lessons before i went in for my test. I started off with 2x2 hours a week and once i had passed my theory and it was a case of waiting for my test date (waiting list was 6-8 weeks) i dropped to 1x hour a week just to keep on top of things.

I was quite prepaired to carry on with 2 hours a week but my instructor said no. I asked him why and told him he was doing himself out of money but he said i was at that peak of been ready and he didnt want me to become over confident and start making mistakes.

On the morning of my test i went out at 7.45am and had 1 hour lesson then on to the test centre ready for my 9am test. I wasnt nervous one bit and sailed through it with a pass!

I got 2 minors on my marking and that was it.

I would never recommend a crash course as like most things it takes practice and practice makes perfect. I know a few people who have done crash courses, some have said it was the biggest waste of money as they felt they was learning nothing by cramming it all in. All but 1 failed once or more and when they did eventualy pass they didnt have the confidence to go out alone for ages.

Book them lessons chick, take your time (theres no rush) and you will get there :hug:

Most places prefer that you pass the theory before embarking on the practical side of a 'crash' :smack: course.

it's been a long time since I passed my test and I would agree with rach to find out about booking your test and work towards that, when are you going to be mobile?

I shall go mobile when i finish my nvq2 nail course,which will be july 09.can also get my spray tanning in by then too,

THANKYOU to everyone who has replied, I shall take the long slow boat, so to speak, and have weekly lessons for a while,,Im lucky enough to be a good learner anyway ( not over confident) ,just need the experience,Ive got the roadsense I hope anyway ( helps that I used to ride pillion on my mans bike for many, many years, so im aware of all the idiots on the road ) and I have a good perception of danger :hug:

lotus you made me chuckle about your quote, although seriously Ive seen plenty of accidents, been involved in 1 myself as a passenger when I had 4 wks until the birth of my son, luckily all was fine, car was a wrangled mess though,caused by an idiot who pushed us into another car:mad:

thankyou all again xx:hug:

Good luck when you embark on your driving lessons...by the sounds of it you'll be a model learner :) I first had lesson when I turned 17 - my birthday gift was a provisional license and a block of 5 lessons...I had the lessons and gave up as I didn't want to throw my money at paying for more :irked: I then waited about 7 years and decided to try again - had a few lessons, went in for a test and failed miserably. Again I was put off until last year when I thought enough is enough! I booked 20 lessons, some were 2hr ones combined with the ordinary lessons and my instructor told me to go in for my test - I booked a test and walked out of it ripping my L plates up:green: Now if I can do it...believe me...anyone can :hug:

Latest posts

Back