Bluesky Shellac??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be more worried about getting the product off your nail, you dont know whats in it! X

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

I would be high tailing by butt back to this dodgy salon and insisting they remove their FAKE Shellac and give you a refund and tell them you have now done your research and you are fully aware you did NOT receive a legit CND Shellac like you asked for, wanted, payed for and expected.
Then see if you can report this salon to whoever your local authority is, or even let your local CND know about it.

I would be livid if this happened to me:mad:

Last edited:
Your local trading standards may be interested in this too! Obtaining services by deception, possibly?..and thats a criminal offence.. :wink2:

im shocked ive never heard of this before! just done a search on ebay and there is pages and pages of the stuff. one of my friends on had a "shellac" manicure done and i didnt recognise the colour at all i wonder now if she was given this instead.

i paid £20 ive tried to ring her, text her but shes ignoring me. shes is a mobile tech so i cant go into a salon..
i had it done on the 24th the next day every single nail is chipped 1 thumb is all off.

she is also advertising HD brows for £10! im wondering if she is actualy trained in that!

All I can say is 'MESSER'...and :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Bloody messing people with their cheapo products...makes me fume! Coz then people go 'Oh yeh I had that Shellac, it was rubbish'...and the word then goes around. They don't know it was actually a rip off version.

Trades description act is at the fore thought of my mind!! I honestly don't know where people get the front to do it!!

I've used this product on myself as an ex nail tech who only does own nails these days! Apart from it being a fake "shellac" what is actually wrong with it. I've had no problems with application, it lasts 2 wks and removal was fine. I've had CND shellac done twice in Salons and only lasted a wk before chips appeared! (I'm not saying its better than CND) just can't see the faults in it?
I have always been a CND L&P user but I don't believe in sticking to one brand I love ezflow products especially the glitter ranges.
Please tell me apart from it being a copy is there anything humanely wrong with it?

I've used this product on myself as an ex nail tech who only does own nails these days! Apart from it being a fake "shellac" what is actually wrong with it. I've had no problems with application, it lasts 2 wks and removal was fine. I've had CND shellac done twice in Salons and only lasted a wk before chips appeared! (I'm not saying its better than CND) just can't see the faults in it?
I have always been a CND L&P user but I don't believe in sticking to one brand I love ezflow products especially the glitter ranges.
Please tell me apart from it being a copy is there anything humanely wrong with it?

1. How do you know it's safe?
2. How do you know there are no harmful chemicals in it?
3. It STINKS and that's never a good sign
4. Can they provide you with safety sheets so u know what to do should over exposure occur?
5. Is there an aftercare team for any questions u may have?

Other than techs trying to pass it off as something genuine and therefore misleading their Clients.

If it's a genuine, safe product in its own right then why try to rip off the name? Give it another name, or be honest and advertise it as 'fake shellac' :wink2:

If you know what it is, and what it isn't, and you are happy to use it on yourself then that's your call but surely it's only fair to give the Client a chance to make the same decision.

Other than techs trying to pass it off as something genuine and therefore misleading their Clients.

If it's a genuine, safe product in its own right then why try to rip off the name? Give it another name, or be honest and advertise it as 'fake shellac' :wink2:

If you know what it is, and what it isn't, and you are happy to use it on yourself then that's your call but surely it's only fair to give the Client a chance to make the same decision.

But are they trying to pass it off as something it's not?
It's called Bluesky Shellac. If they advertise they are using CND shellac and are using Bluesky than that is misleading. If they are offering shellac and not specifying the brand then they are not.

Why does CND get the rights to advertise as the only shellac produced in the world? There's lots of spray tan brands, lots of nail polish brands, lots of L&P brands, lots of makeup brands, lots of skin care ranges etc etc. Why can there only just be one shellac brand?

I have no vested interest either way but just something I'm honestly wondering. Why is CND classed as the only true shellac and others as fakes if other companies want to produce the same sort of product. What makes shellac different to every other product that we use?

Why does CND get the rights to advertise as the only shellac produced in the world? There's lots of spray tan brands, lots of nail polish brands, lots of L&P brands, lots of makeup brands, lots of skin care ranges etc etc. Why can there only just be one shellac brand?

Because they registered the name?

Because they registered the name?

You have to register the name in every single country around the world. Registering the name doesn't make it automatically worldwide.

I suppose one of the things that has me perplexed with the whole shellac thing is that shellac is not new. Shellac has been used over the years for many things from insulating electrical wires, making records, wood finish, right through to all manner of plastics. Shellac is a natural polymer made by an insect. So it makes me wonder how CND can trademark shellac when it's been around for years and then other companies like Bluesky get called fake and that they are ripping off the name when shellac has been used for various things for about 3000 years.

Last edited:
Just like all though we all call Vacuum Cleaners 'Hoovers', no other company is allowed to use it in their description as Hoover is a branded name, the same as Shellac is a branded name. Shellac isn't a type of product like bread or milk, it's a name for the type of product which is a power polish like Pepsi is a type of cola.
If Bluesky think they have the same kind of product they should have called it Bluesky Power Polish.
Hense the reason why it is ripping off the name.

Just like all though we all call Vacuum Cleaners 'Hoovers', no other company is allowed to use it in their description as Hoover is a branded name, the same as Shellac is a branded name. Shellac isn't a type of product like bread or milk, it's a name for the type of product which is a power polish like Pepsi is a type of cola.
If Bluesky think they have the same kind of product they should have called it Bluesky Power Polish.
Hense the reason why it is ripping off the name.

Ok, I think I've worked it out. The word shellac is not trademarked as such, they have word marked a phrase. It's the whole phrase 'CND C Color Shellac'. This is from a trademark site - The mark consists of the letters "CND" next to the stylized letter "C" in a square, a horizontal line of periods above and below the word "COLOR", and the word "SHELLAC". So I'm assuming anyone could make their own version and use the word shellac on it as it's not breaching trademark laws - so I could call mine 'Hot Diggity Dog Shellac' and put in to get it trademarked and advertise it as a shellac product.

That's what had me perplexed because 'Bluesky Shellac' is trademarked too. When you look up Guangzhou Blue Sky Chemical Technology Co., Ltd - the company is massive. They produce all nail stuff which is possibly what a lot of NSS use.

Whether or not Bluesky is a decent safe brand is yet to be seen, there is no other information about it that can be given other than it has a trademark.
There can be no argument however that they have deliberately marketed as a replacement or copy of CND Shellac- the fact that they chose the exact same bottle design, the Shellac name, as opposed to just 'UV Polish' like the multitude of cheap brands, and the fact that they have used the exact names of all the Shellac colours for theirs.

It seems like a pointless argument either way.

CND Shellac is the original and best, and has proper research, development and marketing behind it, as well as all the support and education you could need while using it.
I'd be very interested if anyone could say the same for one of these knockoffs.

Why anyone would feel that what we have been given with Shellac is not good enough and would knowingly choose a knockoff without any information behind it instead, is beyond me.

To chime in on this, I've been traveling to and doing business in China for a few years now and I must say that many/most of the products there are of excellent quality. Chinese workers are generally very hard-working and competent. Chu Jie and JHK are very good brands of soak-off gel polish from China - but they are clearly identified as their own brand, not copying Shellac or others. But China is in the middle of a crisis of entrepreneurship in which almost anything goes (did you see where they copied an entire Apple Store?!). There is a lack of regulation and inspection there that makes telling the good from the bad very difficult, especially from a distance.

I think it is very clear that the intent of this product and the CCO products is to deceive - that's why it is in a bottle identical to Shellac; that's why the colours are the same, with the same names as Shellac colours; that's why the graphics are exactly the same as the CND Shellac. The goal is to deceive either the purchaser or the user or the client. In the specific case, it is clear that the tech was hiding the face of the bottle from the client. Regardless of how you may feel about using a copy, deception is unethical and unacceptable. If you choose to use a copy product on yourself, that's your business, but to use it on a client who is not fully informed is unprofessional and dishonest in the extreme.

Last edited:
The above post is very true!
Also, if what one of the above posters said is true, why oh why hasn't CND trademarked the word 'Shellac' as their own? This would have solved all of this as it would be their word to use alone!
Trademark it please to stop these copies! :)

If you go on the S2 site you will see next to the word Shellac are two tiny little letters that read TM

This means that this product (that includes its use etc) has been trade marked. If it is copied wholly or in part, that breaches the copyright laws, no matter what country you live in

If it was ok to call gel polishes Shellac then all the others would be doing it. The difference is, CND Shellac is not a soak off gel, it is a power polish, half polish, half gel.

Bluesky have deliberately used the brand name to sell their product because they are aware of the probably millions of pounds CND spend on promoting their product but not only that the development.

They have used a well known, trusted company with good ethics to sell their dodgy nasty smelling stuff

Good. Come on CND! Squish them out! You have the power! (in He Man voice...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back