Body Builder Spray Tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have sprayed a bodybuilder and IMHO he wanted to look like he'd been tangoed so I'd use some old cheap cr*p that you think is awful.....he'll be chuffed to bits I promise:)
Spray him 3 times and he'll love you :lol:
Very sad but true.

hahaha yeah they do like to be DDAARRKK!!! to define their muscles, when i did my training there was a female body builder on the course purely to learn how to spray tan to provide the service exclusively to body builders

just an update on this thread as it has surfaced again. we are using la tan 18% and so for so good. and, its one heck of a tough job, but hey someone has to do it! xxxx

my hubby is a body builder! :D lucky me! he fits into the tent no problem! Maybe my tent is bigger than the average one?! and yeah you will need to go for something 16%+ DHA what i do is apply a coat of 16% DHA tan and then the next night after showering etc, apply a coat of a shimmery tan, i find He-Shi gold is fantastic for this!

hey i did my fake bake spray tanning course yesterday and the woman who taught us said there is an original or darker solution available but the desired result depends on the client's natural skin tone

I have to spray tan a body builder on Friday but he wants to use his own lotion called Pro tan as it gives a shimmer highlight look so their mussels show up more!x

do not use pro tan in the hvlp machine as there is a lot of alcohol in the solution and the overspray will ruin your spray room.

I suggest using Spray Of Rayz its what I use and the last competitor i sprayed won :) he was a level 1 skin type and I had him darker than some of the level 3 on stage!

do not use the normal type dha solutions for body builders!!! This solution is not what is used in professional body building circuits, you will not get the color needed.

Pro Tan is on its way out and is 'old school'

definitely offer your competitor clients the best and dont be using regular tanning dha solution... added more % dha will only make them orange! they need to be brown!

these 2 solutions are completely different animals with different outcomes....

ask anyone in th US who spray tans in the body building circuits1 you never use regular dha and then add more dha to make the percent higher... Actually professionally body building and photo shoot/modeling solutions do not contain high amounts of dha..... they contain high amount of color guide and other ingredients that enhance muscle definition etc......

Excellent and informative post by Kgg. It is a completely different scenario as she has described. It's not about DHA its about the colour guide it looks totally different to anything you would normally spray. We have just introduced a product ourselves.

Hi, I really need some help. I have been asked to spray a body builder who is entering a competition a day or so later.
I have booked 2 appointments with him with a day in between. What should I use?
He is a red head and doesn't want t go orange.
What do professional body builders use and where can I get it from?

do not use pro tan in the hvlp machine as there is a lot of alcohol in the solution and the overspray will ruin your spray room.

I suggest using Spray Of Rayz its what I use and the last competitor i sprayed won :) he was a level 1 skin type and I had him darker than some of the level 3 on stage!

do not use the normal type dha solutions for body builders!!! This solution is not what is used in professional body building circuits, you will not get the color needed.

Pro Tan is on its way out and is 'old school'

definitely offer your competitor clients the best and dont be using regular tanning dha solution... added more % dha will only make them orange! they need to be brown!

these 2 solutions are completely different animals with different outcomes....

ask anyone in th US who spray tans in the body building circuits1 you never use regular dha and then add more dha to make the percent higher... Actually professionally body building and photo shoot/modeling solutions do not contain high amounts of dha..... they contain high amount of color guide and other ingredients that enhance muscle definition etc......

I'm really interested in finding out more about this - do you have the link for spray of rayz? Cant find it when doing a search

I'd be interested in finding out more about this too. I am spraying someone in a couple of weeks who wants a base colour before she applies her own dark tan (Pro Tan) not sure about putting it through the gun if it's shimmery and the other one sounds good!

Thought about maybe offering this as a service to body builders etc but cant imagine they would want to pay for 2 - 3 visits when they can apply it themselves? I assume that people who do this offer it at a discount rate? I am mobile so can't afford to drop too low, especially the way petrol prices are going!! Maybe a few together would be the way to go? ;)

Speak to Rivone on here, she sprays lots of bodybuilders and I know she is spraying her husband at the moment, she usually uses sienna but has a special spray for body builders which is dark dark dark!

Latest posts

Back