Body Massage - Ideas Please...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~ Fickle Feet ~

Reaction score
I've been looking at the body massage section of my price list and it looks a little lonely in comparison to the rest of it!

I have on offer:

Back, Neck & Shoulder Massage
or
Full Body Massage

I either use plain massage oils or pre-blended aromatherapy oils

I would like to jazz it up a little by adding a few variations but not really sure in what direction i'm heading!!

I thought of doing something chocolatey??

Maybe having scented candles in the treatment room to compliment the theme??

Any ideas would be really really useful and appreciated! :hug:

Maybe you could try adjusting your menu with the seasons.

A refreshing, revitalizing massage during the sticky summer months, with citrus scents. A more warming, sumptuous massage to beat the winter blues.

it may sound a bit boring but i always introduce a hot towel before and after the massage and my clients love it :).. also i have a back blitz on my price list, thats just a hot towel to cleanse there back, exfoliate there back, mud masque and a back massage to finish, they are really popular with my clients too!

Good Luck :hug:

What about adding a body polish, it can either be done alone or before a massage, the skin is gorgeous after that.
I body brush, scrub then moisturise. Or leave out moisturise if they are having a massage.:)

Could you add a little bit of deep tissue or sports massage? Love the seasonal idea though! - that sounds fab.

I too would be interested in anymore ideas!
I do like the idea of a back treatment but no idea where to start on that one! I also love the idea of a chocolate body treatment.
I would defnitely like to start exfoliation/scrubbing/body brushing. I am mobile most of the time so what would be the best way to go about all of this?! and is it best to get some extra training?

Last edited:
I too would be interested in anymore ideas!
I do like the idea of a back treatment but no idea where to start on that one! I also love the idea of a chocolate body treatment.
I would defnitely like to start exfoliation/scrubbing/body brushing. I am mobile most of the time so what would be the best way to go about all of this?! and is it best to get some extra training?
Hi Body brushing is very simple, you start at the feet and work up, and like lymph drainige in massage work towrds those areas. Im mobile too so use a body scrub that can just be dusted off with dry mits, so you dont have to worry about a shower or wet mitts. Then if not following with a massage use a good body moisturiser and press in all over the body where you have polished.
I do each area at a time, ie. legs first, cover the body, then cover legs and do arms, cover arms and do stomach. So the client doesn't get cold. Start with body brushing each area then scrub then moisturise or massage. It is a lovely treatment, leaves the skin really soft and tingly.Hth:hug:

Hi Body brushing is very simple, you start at the feet and work up, and like lymph drainige in massage work towrds those areas. Im mobile too so use a body scrub that can just be dusted off with dry mits, so you dont have to worry about a shower or wet mitts. Then if not following with a massage use a good body moisturiser and press in all over the body where you have polished.
I do each area at a time, ie. legs first, cover the body, then cover legs and do arms, cover arms and do stomach. So the client doesn't get cold. Start with body brushing each area then scrub then moisturise or massage. It is a lovely treatment, leaves the skin really soft and tingly.Hth:hug:

Thanks for this. Can you reccomend a good body brush?

Thanks for this. Can you recommend a good body brush?

ELEMIS have a great one :) don't get it wet and it'll last you ages and ages x

The spa that I worked at for a while used a Tea Tree spray from elemis.

Latest posts

Back