Body Painting Accreditation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What, body painting? Cool!

Yes ruth i'm looking at taking a course or classes in bodypainting to gain a certificate (if you need one),i have been reading for quite a while on bodypainting also just inspiration from others. I am quite artistic and want to put it to good use and add another string to my bow,broaden horizons and such but find myself wondering where to start i have been googling and struggling to find someone near me that offers classes although i don't mind travelling futher also what recommended paints & brushes are used on the body & stockists.

Last edited:
Yes ruth i'm looking at taking a course or classes in bodypainting ,i have been reading for quite a while on bodypainting also just inspiration from Mana. I am quite artistic i have been googling and struggling to find someone near me that offers classes.

Aha... excellent! Well, it just so happens that there is a fab body painter who lives near you called Cat Finlayson, Cats creations new face paint homepage UK face painter of the year Norwich East Anglia Norfolk Suffolk - give her a shout as I'm sure she'd be happy to give you some advice.

Incidentally, I'm (pretty much) entirely self-taught when it comes to body painting too; I painted my first body whilst on holiday at the body painting festival in Austria back in 2000, and haven't looked back since (although it's been a bit quiet on the body painting front for me for a while owing to other commitments).

But the main thing is to make sure you're using the proper products - look for water-based professional make-up products such as Kryolan Aquacolor, Grimas, Snazaroo, Mehron Paradise, Wolfe Bros, etc - and to follow a good standard of hygiene too...

Wow! ruth thanks ever so much for that link (must have missed this girl when googling), i'll let you know how i get on.

Wow! ruth thanks ever so much for that link (must have missed this girl when googling), i'll let you know how i get on.

Cool, thanks :)

Well I know she was away in Hong Kong for a while, so maybe her website has only recently been updated to say she's back in the UK, which might be why Google didn't pick it up or whatever?

Do feel free to ask me anything you want about body painting too :)

Don't know if you are still looking for a course with accreditation, but when I did my make up artist course in 2003-4 I got several certificates, one of which is a:

VTCT Level 2 Certificate in Cosmetic Make-Up and Beauty Consultancy (Face and Body Painting) (C1044) (100/2492/X)

Copied that off the front of the certificate, hopefully that'll help in any search.

Hope that helps:hug:

BTW OOOHHHHH I am soooooo jealous that you went to the body painting festival in Seeboden. I've always wanted to go there!:green: Wanna be a model and an artist!

I know this is probably too far away for most of you but I am going to sign up for this VTCT Level 2 Face & Body Painting course at Truro College in September

VTCT Face and Body Painting

hope this is of interest:hug:

Don't know if you are still looking for a course with accreditation, but when I did my make up artist course in 2003-4 I got several certificates, one of which is a:

VTCT Level 2 Certificate in Cosmetic Make-Up and Beauty Consultancy (Face and Body Painting) (C1044) (100/2492/X)

Copied that off the front of the certificate, hopefully that'll help in any search.

Hope that helps:hug:

BTW OOOHHHHH I am soooooo jealous that you went to the body painting festival in Seeboden. I've always wanted to go there!:green: Wanna be a model and an artist!

Cool, thanks for the info :)

Am gonna make you really jealous now, as I've been to Seeboden 4 times - from 2000 to 2003, but not since, alas, owing to issues with getting Sonia over there (we don't like Ryanair because of horror stories we've heard in the news of how they treat disabled people); think it's got really massive in the last few years too, so you have to be absolutely brill to come anywhere in the scoring; think the best placing I got was 17th back in 2002, which wasn't too bad...

Still, there are UK festivals now in Kent and South Wales, so you can get that festival buzz without having to travel all the way to Austria (although I doubt if anywhere could beat Seeboden for such a fab location with such beautiful scenery - and Lake Millstatt is just wonderful for washing the paint off in afterwards lol)...

I know this is probably too far away for most of you but I am going to sign up for this VTCT Level 2 Face & Body Painting course at Truro College in September

VTCT Face and Body Painting

hope this is of interest:hug:

Cool, good luck with it :)

Make sure you check out the body painting competitions at some of the beauty trade shows too; if you're on the course during any of those, it would be good to see if you could take part through the college...

i am going to be teaching media and theatrical make up in Stockton from September and was wondering if any one knows of a airbrush body painter that will come and teach my student's the basics of airbrush body painting? some one who would not have to travel to far to get to us as i am trying to keep the cost down.

i am going to be teaching media and theatrical make up in Stockton from September and was wondering if any one knows of a airbrush body painter that will come and teach my student's the basics of airbrush body painting? some one who would not have to travel to far to get to us as i am trying to keep the cost down.

I'd recommend you put a post on the Body Painting forum on Face Painting Chat - or on "Work Available" on there... I do know of some people who teach airbrush body painting but they are all based down in the south unfortunately! Emma Cammack is one of the best, Body Painter London, Body painting UK, Body Painter London, Temporary Tattoos but she is down all the way in Wiltshire!

I'd recommend you put a post on the Body Painting forum on Face Painting Chat - or on "Work Available" on there... I do know of some people who teach airbrush body painting but they are all based down in the south unfortunately! Emma Cammack is one of the best, Body Painter London, Body painting UK, Body Painter London, Temporary Tattoos but she is down all the way in Wiltshire!

thank you for your help i am having problems finding some one at this end of the country never mind im sure will get there

Latest posts

Back