Booked complete nail tech course...anyone else training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJovi

Reaction score
Hi, Im a mum of 4 children and my youngest is just about to start school in September so ive decided to take a total change in career direction.

Ive always worked in an office but have just booked myself on an intensive complete nail tech course to start in July and im rather excited about it.

is there anybody else who is or has started a course? and if so how are you finding it?

Tracey

Hi Tracey, I'm a mum of 4 too! My youngest also starts reception in sept. I've been doing a course since sept last year (manicure, nail art and gel) and I finish in 3 weeks:)
I'm really loving it and really looking forward to training more and building up some clients. Good luck with your course xx

Hi,

I'm quite new too... welcome

I did an intense course in March and have the exams in May.. got to say though I feel as though the intense course covers everything but sort of feels not thorough enough... because of this - I asked whilst on the course if they did a workshop in between? Or a day where we could all gather again to ask get hand on guidance.. they said no but you can send the pics to us on facebook!! :eek:

I am already looking at conversion courses to use one brand of products, as I want to get it right first time instead of having limited knowledge and then trying to play catch up..... to those that have trained over a decent length of time..

if it wasn't for this site I would seriously be panicking!

It has highlighted to me the amount of work needed to succeed and I am very concerned about passing and then being left to learn for myself.. a real eye opener. I gave myself 5 years to be at my highest standard in nails and a couple of beauty treatments, and oh my gosh I'm gonna need it

I have just bought nail class by Gigi Rouse... its worth it

Don't be put off just aware hun x

Just finished my complete nail technician course. Best thing I've done for years. Mine was one day a week for 23 weeks so gave us time to practice inbetween lessons.

I've also just bought the Nail Class book. Excellent step by step guides.

Also found Young Nails video tutorials really helpful.

And this site of course!

Hi,

I'm quite new too... welcome

I did an intense course in March and have the exams in May.. got to say though I feel as though the intense course covers everything but sort of feels not thorough enough... because of this - I asked whilst on the course if they did a workshop in between? Or a day where we could all gather again to ask get hand on guidance.. they said no but you can send the pics to us on facebook!! :eek:

I am already looking at conversion courses to use one brand of products, as I want to get it right first time instead of having limited knowledge and then trying to play catch up..... to those that have trained over a decent length of time..

if it wasn't for this site I would seriously be panicking!

It has highlighted to me the amount of work needed to succeed and I am very concerned about passing and then being left to learn for myself.. a real eye opener. I gave myself 5 years to be at my highest standard in nails and a couple of beauty treatments, and oh my gosh I'm gonna need it

I have just bought nail class by Gigi Rouse... its worth it

Don't be put off just aware hun x

Who are you training with hun? xx

I've booked it with Next Step Beauty. I do the 4 day intensive course first week in July and then I get 8wks of practise before my exam on 7th September. I spoke to the girl who does my nails at the moment and she said the VTCT qualification is the one I needed which these ppl seen to do.

I've got plenty of friends who have offered to be my guinea pigs in July & August so I should be able to get plenty of practise in.

I'm looking forward to it but also very nervous as it's a total change to anything I've done before.

I am a complete beginner (apart from being a client getting my acryllics done) and have just booked onto the CND Complete course, starting at the end of May. Am very excited but a bit nervous too! :eek:

I am a complete beginner (apart from being a client getting my acryllics done) and have just booked onto the CND Complete course, starting at the end of May. Am very excited but a bit nervous too! :eek:
Nerves are part of the excitement ... It is a fantastic course and you will receive your ITEC diploma at the end of a successful completion as well! Great choice.

Thanks geeg, lots more EXCITED than nervous, pleased to report, Karen Murray has been an excellent source of information and advice and is so friendly! :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Are you attending the centre in Edinburgh?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Are you attending the centre in Edinburgh?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

No its in Aberdeen area, training is in the village of Ballater! 150 mile round trip for me but Edinburgh even further!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back