Booster Seat Deadline

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also have to admit that my kids are really tall... my 11 yr old is nearly as tall as me and my 8yr old is not far of eaither.. hopefully when he gets home from school all my worries will be sorted and he will be over 135cm fingers crossed

Iv'e just read this on The Think website :confused:

Surely adult seat belts are OK for older children?

Adult seat belts are best for people over 150 cms (approx 5') in height and with an adult bone structure. Children need to use child seats and boosters to be safe - they put them in the right position to benefit from the adult seat belt properly.

I had to tell my mum about this the other month, because she's taking her other set of grandchildren on holiday in October. I thought she would of heard already, but was just confirming she knew they would need booster seats, she hadnt heard.

My dad is a police sgt and when I spoke to him the other week he said they hadnt even received any information on it. I had to tell him the height and age restrictions!

Is it me or has there NOT been alot about this... surely this is so important that it should have worrented alot more publisilty.. maybe a letter or leflet sent home from school (as these are the children that probally dont have booster seats) letting us parents that live on a different planet know about this law.. ( or am i just being a whingy cow) (answers on a postcard please) lol

I have seen several reports on GMTV about this for the last few months and my daughter brought a leaflet home from school last week which gave all the details. Although my younger 2 are still in car seats anyway i had been worrying about the seat belt positioning on my son for a while as he is quite small so i bought a booster seat in Asda a couple of months ago.

The age and weight requirements vary state by state, ours requires 8 and 80, there's no height requirement. Kids under 12 are required to be in the backseat. My poor kids will be in boosters until they are 20! Not really, but they are on the small side, it will be quite a while before they can just sit in the car with out the booster!

Well maybe I should be renamed 'Swot geek' (!) cos i heard all about this last year and have been nattering at all my friends with kids ever since!! I spent over £100 on a full seat with side impact jobbies for my 7 year old (she's teeny-weeny!) and a booster seat for my eldest who's 10 and average height. I couldn't afford it either but figured that their safety is paramount so slapped it on the ole credit card and paid it off monthly!

When their friends took the p*ss out of them for sitting on 'baby seats' the kids promptly told them it would soon be the law - guess my two got the last laugh there then lol!!!! :lol:

PS I got both mine at Halfords hth

Well maybe I should be renamed 'Swot geek' (!) cos i heard all about this last year and have been nattering at all my friends with kids ever since!! I spent over £100 on a full seat with side impact jobbies for my 7 year old (she's teeny-weeny!) and a booster seat for my eldest who's 10 and average height. I couldn't afford it either but figured that their safety is paramount so slapped it on the ole credit card and paid it off monthly!

When their friends took the p*ss out of them for sitting on 'baby seats' the kids promptly told them it would soon be the law - guess my two got the last laugh there then lol!!!! :lol:

PS I got both mine at Halfords hth

SNAP!!
I read about it in which magazine, fortunately my 6 year old is still in his car seat, but my 9 year old is too big for one. He is really well built (not fat just solid) and nearly as tall as me.

I am just looking at a new seat for my 3 month old little boy as he has nearly grown out of his first stage seat already! yikes! i breed giants! But i really want one that will be larger but still be rear facing then when he is bigger will turn around and forward face. Any recomendations??

Tracy x

well my 8 year old daughter thinks it's highly amusung being on a booster seat .......she's now higher than mummy!!!
At the childrens school they have a height measurement chart by the door so you cansee if the kids need a booster or not........i think i just missed needing one!!!!!:eek:

well my 8 year old daughter thinks it's highly amusung being on a booster seat .......she's now higher than mummy!!!
At the childrens school they have a height measurement chart by the door so you cansee if the kids need a booster or not........i think i just missed needing one!!!!!:eek:

Well at only 5ft I have only just escaped having one too lmao

Well at only 5ft I have only just escaped having one too lmao
aarrrrr bless.. do you haveblocks on the peddles so you can reach...lol only joking, thank god you are over 12 i can see it now all these short peeps sitting in the drivers seat on boosters and blocks on peddles cos that extra 3 in mad sooo much difference..

my partner works for makro and they was selling booster seats for £6 + vat.he said at the weekend everyone went mad they sold out and know the suppliers carnt even get the seats in the country for another month!he said most shops will be having the same trouble:mad: i got mine awhile ago from mothercare & toys are us.but i did hear on the radio yesterday that becouse shops carnt keep up with the demand for another month police will be a bit more leneant and wont start fineing for another month

I didnt know anything about this till my BF told me last night, but he told me ANYONE under 4"5 had to have one, grannies included!! lol.

Was news to me too.

Luckily Halfords had some for my boy at £40 and my daughter was a shade over the height restriction so I didn't need one for her.

She is now my favourite child! :)

Latest posts

Back