Botox fillers, chemical peeling, laser ipl treatments, electrolysis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hey all.

Im new to this.. not really sure how to use it! But im getting there... i think! :)

Im a qualified level 3 beauty therapist. im also qualified in electrolysis permanante hair removal..

I am now looking to continue in the 'cosmetic' side of beauty. At first i thought i was more interested in the nails, tanning and makeup side but after recently training in electrolysis.. ive began to LOVE it!

Ive been looking on 'google searches' trying to get information on where i can train in further courses such as training in BOTOX?, CHEMICAL PEELS?, LASER/IPL Treatments etc.

Ive come up with a few sites but nothing thats got lots of information on about it.

If any of you know anything or anywhere, id love to hear from you.

Also.. alot of people are telling me 'beauty therapists' are no longer able to train in Botox now?? :cry:

xxxx thanks. yasmin x

Also.. alot of people are telling me 'beauty therapists' are no longer able to train in Botox now?? :cry:

They are right, thank god.
I'm not sure about other treatments.

Hi there

I think you need a medical background to give botox, ie nurse or dentist.
My friend who is a theatre nurse said she wouldn't do it without the proper training because of the risk of getting a nerve and causing paralysis

DebO

Th ipl training is normally done when you either buy/ rent a machine or you work in a salon with one. Generally, there are no generic laser machines that you can do a generic course on as every machine is different.
Thankfully botox has been removed from the realms of therapists.
I think you can still do chemical peels, although again it would be with a specific company as no two peel products are the same.

as a medical professional who performs these treatments I can categorically say beauty therapists should not and cannot offer these treatments (thank the lord).

If you wish to do so - go and get a medical degree. I do not wish to be rude but you have to take these treatments seriously. They are MEDICAL procedures performed on patients, (no such thing as cosmetic side of beauty)! and as such the public deserve the protection from bt doing treatments simply not in their remit. There is no government professional register to protect the public as is the case for Drs and Nurses (therefore no accountability), and you would not be able t be insured. If you caused harm as a result of a medical procedure you would not have a leg to stand on in a court of law.

As regards chemical peels, again there are numerous types out there ranging from beauty therapist strength to medical peels which can only be carried out by those medically qualiied.

You would not go to a beauty therapist for a tooth extraction in the same way you would not visit a beauty therapist for botox! Take these treatments seriously!

Last edited:
hmm i was reading this old thread and it made me think i offer all of the above treatments mentioned daisyl (except botox) and feel i offer a thorough treatment, always ensure optimal end result's and have never had a complaint, always happy returning clientelle, so i believe if a therapist has done extensive training, worksa longside a medical team and takes the responsibility seriouslyt there is no reason as to why we cannot carry out procedure's such as laser, ipl, chemical peel's (not TCA etc obviously) medical grade microdermabrasion, tattoo removal etc

i agree with rocketeer as i to perform all the above treatments i have a vast amount of experience and training in theese treatments and a damn good reputation which has just landed me a contract performing the above metioned treatments in a national exclusive spa chain .they contacted me (i was so happy i cried)hard work determination good training and an ability to absorb knowledge helps alot may need some help over the water rocketeer as i am only me

This thread was resurrected because you have a beef with Daisy. :D

Not only do you contradict yourself Rocky - as in another thread I note you were espousing the virtues of medical practitioners undertaking medical procedures - you can't possibly be performing medium or deep peels or administering Botox because it's illegal for you to do in Ireland unless you are medically trained and registered.

Yasmin, cosmetic medical procedures are not part of beauty therapy. That is why Beauty Therapists are not allowed to undertake them.

And if you actually understood what these treatments actually were and the risks posed to both you and your client then you wouldn't want to either.

you can't possibly be performing medium or deep peels or administering Botox because it's illegal for you to do in Ireland unless you are medically trained and registered.

just wanna add my two cents...she said she doesn't offer botox. too much hostility on this forum right now.

"i wanna bake a cake made out of smile and rainbows and every eat it and we'll all be happy again" (if you havn't seen mean girls this may be lost)

Don't mistake hostility for passion! :) Thank you for pointing that out, Kimi, you are spot on. I read Nails for U who said the same thing but Rocky actually puts a disclaimer in for Botox.

So I stand corrected. And I do apologise for that error, Rocky.

But my opinion stands! :D

just wanna add my two cents...she said she doesn't offer botox. too much hostility on this forum right now.

"i wanna bake a cake made out of smile and rainbows and every eat it and we'll all be happy again" (if you havn't seen mean girls this may be lost)

Amen to that...:hug:

Hey Kim could you bake a carrot cake one cos I just love them..:hug:

im rubbish at baking so ill get my mum to do it...

im up at my mums just now so im just along the road from u...she lives in pennan, just along from new pitsligo.. :D

so the moral of that story is ill drop it in on my way past tomorrow ;)

just for the record i dont practice or have any intention of practicing botox or injectable fillers i practice microderm,micropigmentation tattoo removal red vein removal peels and ipl

im rubbish at baking so ill get my mum to do it...

im up at my mums just now so im just along the road from u...she lives in pennan, just along from new pitsligo.. :D

so the moral of that story is ill drop it in on my way past tomorrow ;)

Dam what a shame as im not at base camp tomorrow....still you could always post it...will happily pay you double just t sink my teeth into that lurvley cake...hopefully it will have icing on top as well ...oh and a candle wouldn't go a miss either...just so I can scoff it at night and see what im doing of course :wink2:

Carrot cake...now thats an injection of the good stuff yum yum yum:Love:

firstly my name is ROCKATEER not rocky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
secondly I have never condoned or encouraged any BT to use botox.
I am tired of this hostility, i was searching this thread be it old or not i wanted to add my tuppence, yes i do disagree with a few people on this site, as will we all at some stage, I have stated similar views to many before yet you misread my clearly written testimony, never once did i say i wanted or am medically trained, instead am voicing an opinion that with correct training for non invasive non medical treatments I see no need for us not to administer them under correct supervision/training standards, I also mention how i work alongside doctors etc so I am not being a hypocrite as before mentioned..
Study me/research me all you want my point remains the same regardless.
I know I am not on my own in this view point as I have had numerous PM's today from various different geek's who find these rant's of mine somewhat justified
I apologise if i am angering people, I am passionate about my job, am more than likely coming across in a very unprofessional light, which never happens in the real world, so on that note I vow to sign off and not to reenter these futile topics again
We will agree to disagree
I will be successful in my career and likewise you in your's
I respect you for your passion and opinion's and I hope you could do the same
Peace (out A-town down- USHER, joke !!)
rocky (again joke)
Rockateer

Happy Sunday

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back