Bournemouth Birthday Bash/Open Day

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb2208

Reaction score
Would love to have gone but my son does not go back to school till Tuesday! Gutted I will miss it ...

Im hoping to pop down during the day :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Im going ....can't wait! See you there if your going :)

Im not sure. Hubby did once park somewhere down the road in a car park but you cannot park out on the street. There is only a small car park round the back but it is only small so i persume it is only for staff.
Im parking up at Salisbury station and catching the train...so much easier and only costs me £15 return. xx

Whose birthday is it?:)

Whose birthday is it?:)
The Academy's i think :biggrin: Its there 2nd birthday/Open Day because they never had an Open Day when they first opened...i think!

I had a fab day. Shame i couldn't stay for the meal at the hotel this evening, i had to get back to the boys to cook their tea has hubby away this week.

I was also lucky enough to get a demo with Holly. I had one finger Shellaced layerd in Fedora & Tutti Fruiti and her intitials embossed within the nail. I wanted her autograph but she decided on FNF for FingerNailFixer. Am Shellacing the rest this evening to match the colour then will take pics! :biggrin:

I bought loads of nail goodies. I got 2 new black Minx towels, they were selling the solvent pumps with CND logo's on so got 2. Holly's Rockstar pack which contained 1 x topcoat and 3 x glitters. 8 of her glitters that she uses and i bought the Nail Art brush pack that she uses. I also got some other bits and bobs and Minx. Im off to have a play!! xxxx

Hi Everyone,

I dont post on here very often, i tend to just read everyone else's threads and comments, buti have vowed to contribute more as i am a total nail geek! lol!
So..... i thought it only right to start with a great thread!

I've just got home from the open day at CND Academy Bournemouth. I was a fantastic day, they looked after us very well! Gotta love a bucks fizz on arrival - wish i got that when i got home everyday!
The mini cupcakes thats were in the shop were to die for - pink sparkly icing, yum!

Holly Schippers (FingerNail Fixer) was demo-ing all day, i think i watched the same demo 4 times over as i swear i learned something new everytime!
She showed us how to do Rockstar nails with shellac and other Shellac techniques. It was awesome! I now feel very inspired and intend on getting my glitter on as soon as i've written this!

Who else went to the open day? I didnt get to see much of the tanning, make-up and eyelashes as my eyes were glued to the end of holly's brush!

Thanks CND Bournemouth for a great day, and was nice to meet other Nail Geeks.

xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone,

I dont post on here very often, i tend to just read everyone else's threads and comments, buti have vowed to contribute more as i am a total nail geek! lol!

I've just got home from the open day at CND Academy Bournemouth. I was a fantastic day, they looked after us very well! Gotta love a bucks fizz on arrival - wish i got that when i got home everyday!
The mini cupcakes thats were in the shop were to die for - pink sparkly icing, yum!

Holly Schippers (FingerNail Fixer) was demo-ing all day, i think i watched the same demo 4 times over as i swear i learned something new everytime!
She showed us how to do Rockstar nails with shellac and other Shellac techniques. It was awesome! I now feel very inspired and intend on getting my glitter on as soon as i've written this!

Who else went to the open day? I didnt get to see much of the tanning, make-up and eyelashes as my eyes were glued to the end of holly's brush!

xx

Sounds like you had a great time. Would love to have gone there but it's way too far for me to travel. :biggrin:

Hi Everyone,

xx
Hi tasha, i was there. It was great wasn't it? Im so glad i went. Im full of inspiration now! Im now sporting a mix mash of Shellac layering, Rockstar, Minx & glitter paste! lol plus i've kept the nail Holly did with her initials. :biggrin:
Will post pics xxx

Here's my finished mixture of allsorts lol.

The middle finger on my left hand is the one Holly did with the initials of FNF :biggrin: Really Blingy and loud compared to my normal wear!

Attachments

• DSCF4631.jpg
    DSCF4631.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 148
  • DSCF4640.jpg
    DSCF4640.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCF4641.jpg
    DSCF4641.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 133
  • DSCF4642.jpg
    DSCF4642.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 118
  • DSCF4643.jpg
    DSCF4643.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 122
  • DSCF4644.jpg
    DSCF4644.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 146
Oh wow they are amazing! Did she do all of them? Did you do the others? All I know is I've got a long way to go to get that good! They are stunning! :)

Just re read your post and if you did the others like I think you did, wow! Is that Minx you've used on them or nail art? Oh I wish I went! Mini cupcakes as well, how could I have missed this? Lol. :-(

Yes i did the rest of them. I used Green Cheethah Minx.
Keep your ears open has they may do them every year... dont qoute me on that though. They did one last year and geeg was there attending the demo!! I miseed out on that one though. :sad:

Yes i did the rest of them. I used Green Cheethah Minx.
Keep your ears open has they may do them every year... dont qoute me on that though. They did one last year and geeg was there attending the demo!! I miseed out on that one though. :sad:

Hi, how did you do minx over shellac, or the other way round if you don't mind me asking? Thanks.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Hi, how did you do minx over shellac, or the other way round if you don't mind me asking? Thanks.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek
Just cut bits of minx up and stick the the tacky layer then topcoat. No need the heat the small cut up bits, only heat the minx if your using larger pieces. xx

Just cut bits of minx up and stick the the tacky layer then topcoat. No need the heat the small cut up bits, only heat the minx if your using larger pieces. xx

Thanks for sharing Karen, they look great!!

Thanks for sharing Karen, they look great!!
Thankyou hun :) You would also add the Rockstar Glitter (if wanted) after applying your Minx cut ups to the remaining tacky nail and brush over has shown on Holly's V3 video, the glitter won't adhear to the Minx. xxx

Thanks a lot Karen, you're a gem:hug:

Latest posts

Back