Brazilian blow dry: How do I complain?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Morning geeks

I'm from the nail geek and need a bit of information.

I bought a Groupon voucher for a Bazilian blow dry. This is the third time I had it done. So I know aftercare how it done and how long it takes to do it.

I went yesterday and firstly it was done in an hour, then the guy just pasted it on, not separating sections of my hair like its has previously been done. Left it for 10 mins then blow dried it. And then used a normal GHD straightener to roughly straighten my hair. I even asked him is that the high watt GHD as previously I was told you have to use a higher wattage straightener. He said yes this is correct one, and to carry on straightening my hair for next 3 days.

I woke up this morning and my hairs got curly bits from sleeping and that has never happened when I had it done before.

I'm gona wait till Tuesday, as I can only wash it after 3 days, going to follow all aftercare.

If after that I feel he hasn't done a great job, what can I do other than phone the salon and complain.

Very disappointed

Mrng geeks

I've had a treatment done through Groupon and I'm not very happy with it as it hasn't been done properly.

I've complained to Groupon, waiting for their email.

Can I contact salon directly?

Yeah I would contact the salon.. and if they dont fix the situation then contact groupon again

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

groupon just sell their vouchers, is up to the salon to give a good service. I would contact salon
xx

Hi 411, it's horrible when you have a treatment and it doesn't live up to expectations, whether you've paid through Groupon or not. I personally would go back to the salon to ask them to rectify their treatment. I don't know if Groupon would be interested as I haven't ever used them for myself. Let us know how you get on! :)

i complained recently about a meal we had on groupon voucher. groupon were very helpful and gave me useful advice.

A friend of mine bought a course of microdermabrasion via Groupon and the salon she went to were really lacking in the hygiene department (used botox syringes left on the sides etc).

She told the salon it was totally inacceptable and emailed Groupon and they were very unhelpful...wouldn't refund her as she'd used up one of the sessions.

Needless to say she never used them again!

Hiya

I had a problem with a deal I bought last year, phoned the company who were useless so range Groupon who I must say were really helpful, gave me a full refund and banned the company from advertising on there!

So I would suggest, if you don't hear from Groupon, call them. But I would also definitely complain to the Salon. xx

Thank u ladies!

I know how the treatment should have been, how it looks afterwards and how long it takes.

This salon got me out the door within an hour, for a treatment which should have taken 2 & half hours!!!

I'm following aftercare, and tomorrow ill wash my hair and if it still feels its not correctly done, I will contact salon & Groupon.

I have merged the 2 threads 411 started about this and moved to Biz Geek for advice on how to address the issues on how to complain properly and constructively.

I have merged the 2 threads 411 started about this and moved to Biz Geek for advice on how to address the issues on how to complain properly and constructively.

Thank you

Hi ladies

Latest update :

Groupon have been very good.
Very apologetic for the experience I've had and as a goodwill gesture they are going to credit my account with £15.

Salon - I called and spoke to the guy who did my hair. Told him I know the process, and how my hair feels after it. And what has been done is not what I've had done previously, as I've washed it today and its got kinks underneath.
He said these things can happen and its happened this time. So he's asked me to go in. Bit difficult as I work till 5pm, takes me an hour to get to where they are by train.
Told him this is really inconvenient for me, I choose a sat because I'm busy every weekend until the end of June. He said that's too late, he needs to see it now.
So now on my day off I'm going to have to trek into London again, pay train fares again to have this sorted out.

Really not happy with all this, and next time I will never book through Groupon as they are different each time you don't know where your going. Been lucky last few times this time was terrible.

Firstly can I say all Brazilians are different, no two are the same and quite often the results are not the same. Unfortunately people use Groupon to obtain bargains and are quite happy to travel the distance to get something for nothing but when it goes wrong, it's inconvenient. In my opinion you get what you pay for, who would really offer a too stylist with top products for peanut money?
I do feel this is the risk you take, sorry to sound blunt.

I've had Brazilians done before on Groupon but never had a problem before.

The reason I have a problem is because the guy in the salon rushed the whole treatment within an hour.
He didn't even straighten my hair properly after blow drying it.

I've had groupon Brazilians and the stylist has always explained every step and why they do it, and why it takes the time it does.

Yes is it a bit cheaper than a normal priced Brazilian. It's not so much the price I'm worried about because I've paid a lot more on Groupon deals, its the way it was done, rushed, and I was literally shoved out the door, and the results wavy hair, which I've never had before.

What would you say to a client who complained to you about the state of their nails after going to an NSS salon via a Groupon offer?

If you're looking for a guarantee of quality, you don't use Groupon. Simples.

There are Groupon offers for genuine Shellac nails with genuine salons not nss. I know friends who have used them.

I can't fault Groupon in this, as its the salon that have advertised false information. Art director level stylist!

With what I've received it's no way near art director level.

Like I said before its not the Groupon I'm annoyed with, its the salon, and the stylist who because he had 3 people waiting rushed me out, without doing a proper treatment.

I do special offers all the time, with reduced rates, that doesn't mean I will give my client half a service just because they paid a reduced price.

You can get a refund from groupon but the salon wont be able to refund u

You can get a refund from groupon but the salon wont be able to refund u as groupon have the money and the salon will only recieve a %. I know this is not an excuse what so ever and I am not defending the salon for giving you a poor experiance. I done a groupon deal and would never do it again, I was under so mucb pressure to fit people in i was having to work double the hours which defeats the purpose in my opinion. This salon I am guessing has probably had very high demand struggled to fit people in and refusing to do extra hours so is therefore rushing treatments not doing them right which will result in either you not going back or yoi going back to have it fixed. Either way ir defeats the purpose of doing a promotion as its not going to do the business any favours if its not done right. I think you should contact groupon again for a full refund which i know they can do and have the money in your bank account the same day.

I'm sure you offer a great service to all your clients. ;-)

My point is that if you use Groupon, it's a bonus if the service is high end rather than simply adequate.

I think you've probably been lucky with your previous Brazilians on a Groupon. I certainly wouldn't offer it as a discount service.

Latest posts

Back