Brazilian Wax Client Nightmare!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tan&Wax

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Just wanted to share my experience this evening. I'm trained in waxing with Kim and Andy and so far been getting on really well until tonight!

OMG I had a first time client and it was just awful. All my ladies that I have booked in have re-booked and been in at least twice now so I hope i am doing something ok!

This lady in this evening had very coarse hair, wanting a californian. She didnt want me to do her crack area so I started on the front and worked my way outside in. She was ok with the strip on the bikini line but the further i got in the more she complained. She asked me to stop when I had a full strip of wax on as she was sweating and finding it incredibly painful. I apoligised profusely and have to say I was getting a bit worried. I asked her if she wanted to continue and she said yes as it was a pressie for her boyfriend for xmas.

The strip I had on was the one that runs down the labia. I told her I would remove it very quickly, as the euroblonde had dried somewhat and the fact that she tensed and pushed me away half way thru the wax removal my wax snapped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could have died :( I told her the only way to remove it is to pull it off but now some of it was stuck in a dense bit of hair. I could have died! I applied more wax over the top and to cut a long story short I got it off but she wasnt happy and I was so embarrased. I tidied up the top and in the end she decided she did want me to finish the job. I am pleased she let me finish and she was really pleased with the end result.

It was just such an awful moment, I was thinking what on earth am I going to do! She was a bit of an odd lady from the outset but I don't judge people like that. I hope she never re-books.

Is there anything diff I could have done?

Caroline xx :eek:

Probably just to have been more confident and assertive yourself.
Noone says that you dont have to suffer slightly for the outcome maybe she thought it would be painless.

Had she ever had it before or any other waxing did you do a consultation and give her an idea of what to expect.

I think if people start to get twitchy you have to pick up on that and start chatting about anything to distract them the more relaxecd a client the less pain they will feel.
Never tell them any problems you might be in ie if the wax gets stuck etc they dont need to know you just need to sort it out calmly yourself.

Remember they have come to you in the knowledge you know exactly what you are doing so if you show any incompetence they will pick up on this and become worried and stressed and the treatment may then become painful for them.

Hello everyone

Just wanted to share my experience this evening. I'm trained in waxing with Kim and Andy and so far been getting on really well until tonight!

This lady in this evening had very coarse hair, wanting a californian.

What's a Californian?

She didnt want me to do her crack area so I started on the front and worked my way outside in. She was ok with the strip on the bikini line but the further i got in the more she complained.

She would do because it bloody hurts! However, you MUST remove the wax in quick, short, sharp bursts so that it's over quickly.

She asked me to stop when I had a full strip of wax on as she was sweating and finding it incredibly painful.

Drama Queen!

I apoligised profusely and have to say I was getting a bit worried.

Read my manual where I say NEVER say sorry. Why? Because if you say sorry they will think you don't know what you're doing. You're the expert so you have to be confident.

The strip I had on was the one that runs down the labia. I told her I would remove it very quickly, as the euroblonde had dried somewhat and the fact that she tensed and pushed me away half way thru the wax removal my wax snapped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Euroblonde only snaps if it's too thin. Did you push the wax right through the hair to the skin? Did you trim? Did you stretch the skin and support all the way?

It was just such an awful moment, I was thinking what on earth am I going to do! She was a bit of an odd lady from the outset but I don't judge people like that. I hope she never re-books.

Is there anything diff I could have done?

Yes! Familiarise yourself with your notes again, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again!

Caroline xx :eek:

Call me in the New Year and I'll go over it all with you. Sounds to me as though you picked up on her weird vibe and panicked. Don't worry!
xx:hug:

Last edited:
Poor you! but the advice above sounds good, hope you dont lose faith in yourself xx

i think the advice above is very good. but sometime some ladies are harder to wax than others.
but dont worry i am sure you are wonderful at what you do!

dont think about it as think about all your wonderful clients you have.

if she does book back in just be chilled about it n dont worry yourself
:green:

god dont talk to me about bikini waxing im still having problems with it i dont even offer any bikini wax to clients if u think ur story is bad i had one in who had coarse hair and was a bit of a nightmare i actually ripped a bit of skin lol not funny obviously but the more im practicing the better im getting i do think sometimes some people dont realise that waxing is sore and they dont realise just how sore bikini waxing is was she due a period??this can make a difference,and why use strip for part of it and hot wax for some think strip wax more painful xxx

god dont talk to me about bikini waxing im still having problems with it i dont even offer any bikini wax to clients if u think ur story is bad i had one in who had coarse hair and was a bit of a nightmare i actually ripped a bit of skin lol not funny obviously but the more im practicing the better im getting i do think sometimes some people dont realise that waxing is sore and they dont realise just how sore bikini waxing is was she due a period??this can make a difference,and why use strip for part of it and hot wax for some think strip wax more painful xxx

When I first started doing bikini waxing I found it very awkward n had a few disasters but all you need to do is practice.. Practice practice practice !!

I've done so many now it just is so easy!!!
I'm so confident now with waxing I will wax anything.. I've even done peoples ears n nostrils!!!

Don't worry it will come to you just keep practicing :D

oh lolly i dont think il ever be confident with bikinis i even done an advanced course on just bikinis with hot wax and i still find it difficult i think i just cant shifty that first experience when i cut the girl lucky enough i knew her an she was my guinee pig for it but then i did her again and i nipped her again and i just though oh my fecking god i am actually a danger doing these lol im planning on doing another course just to do it again im determined to keep doing it lol x

oh lolly i dont think il ever be confident with bikinis i even done an advanced course on just bikinis with hot wax and i still find it difficult i think i just cant shifty that first experience when i cut the girl lucky enough i knew her an she was my guinee pig for it but then i did her again and i nipped her again and i just though oh my fecking god i am actually a danger doing these lol im planning on doing another course just to do it again im determined to keep doing it lol x

Oh no dont say that ... It's taken me years to be this confident defo keep practicing.. Don't think about the. Bad things.. I have done things like that but I don't let it phase me..

its just wen u see the blood running down the leg hahaha il defo keep on practicing if u hear on the news of someone being scarred for life after a hollywood in scotland u know its me lol x

Latest posts

Back