Brazilians gone bad-please advise!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doverox

Reaction score
Hello! I'm sorry to drop in to ask for advice before contributing to the board but I am in desperate need of advice.

I am new to Brazilian waxing and don't feel like I've had adequate training on it. But the spa I am at requires it. I've done 2 so far. Something bad happened. Both times.

The problem is that the wax is not adhering to the strip once I get to the inner parts of the area. And once it's on...it won't come off. I know better than to try and reapply/keep pulling. But why is this happening? And what can I do to fix it if it does happen again? These poor ladies have left the spa with wax stuck in their pubic hair because Wax Off and even scissors didn't fix the problem.

I've been using a honey wax, which is all the spa provides. Is the wax the issue? I have not had this happen on any other part of the body.

PLEASE HELP! :eek:

p.s. If you can recommend an online training for Brazilian waxing, it would be appreciated.
Thanks so much

Hello there, I have been waxing for years and I used to only use the honey wax and had great success with it. Are you trimming the hairs are they maybe too long, or too short. Are you applying firmly and thinly. I have used the honey for the brazilians for years and now I use the berodins blue wax for the inner labia only and it's made a huge difference I think especially when the area is one that you can easily graze on women. I never have any cilents with irritation after waxing either with the hard or honey wax to be honest. Do a small section with the honey wax and have the client pull one way you pull the other and try that to see if that helps. With the berodins I do not ask the client to help pull the skin. There is a learning curve with the hard wax but I love it for the inner and outer labia now. My regulars say there isn't a difference in pain using the hard or honey wax but I feel a huge difference on myself afterwards. I hope I've helped I think I have babbled on, it's late and I'm tired.. Feel free to email me if you like. Good luck,

I can wax with any wax at all and I have to say that this is the only wax that I would not consider using in this area. It is simply an old fashioned wax to use and, like everything, times move on.

It is very difficult when you work somewhere like this and have no control over the wax you are using but your employers really do need to sort out decent training for you and update their products accordingly.

I would imagine the problem you are having with this wax is that you are new to the treatment and you have to work really quickly with this wax as once it has cooled it will not adhere to a strip. The other thing you really do need to do is to apply a little oil on the skin before the wax. I would apply more oil than you need and then blot off to make sure every area has enough.

There will be a lot of advice given on this thread by people who have never used this wax and don't understand it so please make sure any advice you are following is from someone who knows the wax as it is very different from the hot waxes and the creme or strip waxes as it is so much stickier and difficult to handle, when you are new especially.

If you have to work with it then do very thin strips of wax with your strips cut in two lengthways, make sure you have applied your oil and work quickly, the thinner strips will help.

Speak to your employers though as this is unacceptable for your poor clients. :lol:

I always found it so ironic that both spas I worked in spent big money on brands for other treatments but when it came to waxing they'd treat it like an afterthought and buy the cheapest wax possible that was awful to work with.

I've since trained with lycon and feel lots better about waxing now...my point being that please don't blame yourself and let yourself feel that you're incapable in someway. The spa is failing you and it's clients by actively choosing to use an inferior wax.

Moving forward speak to your employer. Even if they're not prepared to change wax they should be prepared to train you in how to get the best out of what is there.

Thanks! You have all been a big help already.
I will try the oil- I had been using talcum powder. I will also try to work a little faster and with smaller areas.
Is there a particular order that you wax the area? I've been starting outward at the inner thigh and moving inward.

I took a day course at the Dermal Institute for Brazilian waxing but it was just a demo class so I didn't get any hands on practice. I thought that it would be enough to start doing them but now I'm in over my head.

I suspected that honey wax was not the best option and I had already mentioned this issue to my employer after the first incident but they do not seem to care. As for additional training, they've provided zero. It's tragic because I work in a spa within a historical landmark and the owner has virtually washed his hands of it. I'm looking for work elsewhere but now I am less confident in my abilities after these experiences. :cry:

The best thing to do is practice. Get yourself the kit at home and ask friends if you can practice on them. Some honey waxes aren't the best but if you remember:

- prepare the area properly and thoroughly.
- do small areas, take your time
- avoid going over the same area too many times
- on the inner parts of the labia I would just use the wax on the strip. The area is really sensitive and if you have enough wax on your strip you won't even need to apply it.
- PULL. Get your client to pull, you pull and don't be afraid to get them to try pulling in different areas to get the skin taught enough.
- don't worry about getting all the hairs. If they are too short or you've tried going over a few times and they aren't coming out. Talk to your client, she may have shaved previously or she may be aware that the hairs can be stubborn.
- don't panic. The confidence will come over time.

I've been intimate waxing for 2 years now and it took a long time to be confident, but with every one you do you will feel happier about it :).

We all wax differently with great success.

I never get the client to help and I only use Hot wax on the intimate areas.

If your colleagues are using the wax ok then ask them for in house training.

Thank you again for your support and help.

I love this forum because many of you were trained/practice in Europe. The training provided in the U.S. is much less thorough than overseas. My state has one of the highest standards at 750 hours to complete the Esthetics program, though we are required to take 10 continuing education hours every 2 years.

I've noticed that we seem to use different terms when referring to wax. For us, "hot wax" is the standard and is usually referred to by the type (i.e. zinc oxide, honey, etc.). I've never heard an esty here call it hot wax. Hard wax is not as popular and film wax/lycon is rarely found in a treatment room.

I wish that there was an affordable study abroad program for those like me who would prefer the more intensive training.

Is it happening with all your clients? Having the client positioned properly is my most important factor flat, figure of 8,well one leg can be straight, both pull the area and be in control.

Latest posts

Back