Bridal tan - help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teens1974

Reaction score
Hi All :hug:

I have been asked to do a spray tan on a bride, got the practice run tomorrow

I will be honest I am not keen on doing this, and I am looking for feedback/advise/tips on anyone that has done it before

I will be doing an 8 of Nouvatan but I am really concerned about it coming off on her dress

Can anyone please give me some thoughts please

Many many thanks

T x

I always advise brides to have it a couple of days before x

I'm not a spray tanner, however some tans do come off on the inside of wedding dresses due to the bride sweating.

All you can do is adviser her in writing that there is a high risk of this happening and that you will not be held liable.

She needs to have the tan a couple of days before the wedding definitely.

The actual tan is a reaction between the tanning liquid and the skin so once all the guide colour has washed off (a couple of showers at least as the client should not scrub the skin) there should be no colour transfer from skin to dress.

I had 12% white to brown for my wedding on Thursday and the wedding was Saturday, I shower a day before the date and no marks on the dress.

Hope that helps

I usually recommend that brides have a trial to coincide with their dress fitting. This will give them an idea of how the tan will look against their dress & any rubbing off problems will come to light then (i've never had any - phew!) I also advise them to watch their tan in the days after their trial & this will give them an idea of how many days before the big day they want their tan. Mine usually opt for it to be 2 days before. I also offer a discounted price for bridesmaids, family members so nobody looks pale on the photos.

Like the others i would suggest to have a tan a couple of days before as it gives the bride the chance to make sure all guide colour is washed off properly and she can use enhanced moisturizers (with DHA) to keep the tan looking nice and golden.
I would also try and use a tan with as minimal guide colour as possible as this is what essentially would stain the dress so if you use a tan that applies as natural as possible (without the initial dark guide colour) there is less risk of it ruining her wedding dress!

Latest posts

Back