Bright green mark?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmo

Reaction score
Wonder if anyone knew what this may be. Took the ladies acrylic off (not done by me) to find this? X

Sorry forgot pic x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1333302715.636258.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1333302715.636258.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 557
Bacterial infection?

Yep that deffo looks like a greenie to me.

Last edited:
Wow could that be the brightest greenie ever!!

Are you saying you do not know what this is?

Classic aftermath and stain from a bacterial infection between the enhancement and the nail plate. Nail becomes loose, water seeps in between the product and the plate. Bacteria grows. Client should have gone straight to the technician to have it seen to.

There is a tutorial all about it called Moldy Old fun Guy in the nail tutorial section. I suggest you read it fairly quickly. It is basic information that if you are trained, you should already have known all about.

It is not a bacterial infection, it the stain left resulting from a bacterial infection. The nail will not be infected once the enhancement has been removed.

Are you saying you do not know what this is?

Classic aftermath and stain from a bacterial infection between the enhancement and the nail plate. Nail becomes loose, water seeps in between the product and the plate. Bacteria grows. Client should have gone straight to the technician to have it seen to.

There is a tutorial all about it called Moldy Old fun Guy in the nail tutorial section. I suggest you read it fairly quickly. It is basic information that if you are trained, you should already have known all about.

Gigi you're slower than me! :lol: ;)

Yep.. This is pseudomonas (green nail) and probably the worst I've ever seen! X

its not our job to diagnose, refer client to their GP x

Think this one is pretty obvious to any Nail Professional... no need for a GP

It's not our job to diagnose, but it is our job to recognise and identify what we see, which is what the OP was trying to find out...if we didnt know what things were, we wouldn't know wether a GP referall was needed.

clearly any nail professional will know what it is, thats not in dispute

to diagnose obviously

to diagnose obviously

Dictionary definition of diagnose:

1. To distinguish or identify (a disease, for example) by diagnosis.
2. To identify (a person) as having a particular disease or condition by means of a diagnosis.
3. To analyze the nature or cause of: diagnose the reasons for an economic downturn.

I think we've already done that. Nothing more a GP will discover.

so how does the condition get treated then if no dr involvement, or are you not concerned with that in your salon?

Wow that's the greenest greenie I've seen!!!!!:lol:

so how does the condition get treated then if no dr involvement, or are you not concerned with that in your salon?

Read the article quoted above or read your nail books. The "condition" does not need treating as such. Remove the enhancement clean, continue as you were going to. It will grow out eventually, it is a stain.

By the way, I am concerned enough about my salon to know how to deal with basic, but thankfully unusual, nail problems.

What is it you think a GP will do?

Latest posts

Back