Brisa Gel Lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi
I had the same problem with brisa gels, so converted over to bio sculpture but found it really pricey. Have you tried lechat nobility gel its fantastic and works the same as bio just a hell of a lot cheaper?
Lauren
Just a couple of queries...

Were you using the Brisa lamp to cure the gel?

Did you have specific Brisa training? (Your profile doesn't mention it).

Why not try to find out what was causing your problems before changing brands?
So much cheaper than having to shell out for a new gel system and all that goes with it!

Its so funny I'm sitting here eating...........Clems!:lol: peeled them myself and all! and on my lunch during my masters was a big bowl of them every day I ate them!

Darling you have just changed systems so sometimes you revert back to your comforte zone I for one am a recent Brisa convert and my hand automatically picks up way more gel than I need. As said Brisa is non-porous and ALOt of filing would have to be done to break the IPN technology enabling it to be soaked off.
I would say your PREP is at fault, you didnt cap the ends, wrong tips, wrong application, no brisa bond, incorrect curing between layers................. thats alot that YOU possibly could have done wrong so not blaming your M8 here. I would ask your friend for a step by step account of which fell off when and how, it really isnt Brisa that is at fault here.

I'm afraid that my intelligent and logical mind would have to say to me ... hmm!

If thousands of great nail techs use Brisa Gels perfectly happily and do not have problems then maybe ... just maybe it could be ME ?? at fault somewhere????

As for the Cider thing ... absurd.

I'm afraid that my intelligent and logical mind would have to say to me ... hmm!

If thousands of great nail techs use Brisa Gels perfectly happily and do not have problems then maybe ... just maybe it could be ME ?? at fault somewhere????

As for the Cider thing ... absurd.

My thoughts exactly........but you put it so much nicer than I was thinking:green:

Well, I've studied all your replies and am still no wiser. Yes, I've done the Brisa conversation course, done the Brisa toes course and have applied Brisa gel to my own nails with no problems at all. I didn't mention the fact that this client was a personal friend because I didn't want this to influence your replies. I think the best thing I can do is just to have another go with her and see what happens next time.
I've tried Nobility Gel and also Axxium.....they are good but don't give the results I am looking for - perhaps I'm just expecting too much?

This is another reply typical of someone who has

a) not trained with the product

b) trained with the product but forgotten some details

c) trained but chosen to ignore some aspects of the training

Properly applied there are no problems with Brisa lifting. Certainly if you are getting lifting in Zone 3 it is almost certainly your prep that is at fault

I know that this is an old post - but I have just come across it and feel I must defend Lisa (im34ouch).

Sadly, the training in our province is lacking. Until last year - we did not have a single CND Ambassador in our province. We now have one who is excellent, but she is also a teacher at one of our schools and is very busy. Training here is nothing like it is in England. Until we opened up a year ago, once you were out of school you could get NO FURTHER TRAINING. I believe CND conversion courses were offered a few times per year - but there was no one2one training available to assist these students once then finish school. Plus - you don't have to train with Brisa or LCN here in order to buy it. Only Bio has that restriction. I will sell to people without a full conversion, but I will have them try it at the store first and then give them a sample to take home. I always offer a free conversion - but some choose not to take it.

Also, the Estheticians here who choose to take the Nail Tech program only get 3 days of gel nail training before they take their exam AND when they take their licensing exam - they are not tested in gel nails at all. This is a huge source of frustration for me because I can't understand how a person with 3 days training receives the same licensing as someone that has 300+ hours as a requirement.

I have started offering free skill building classes at our shop to help these ladies build their confidence. I don't care what product they use - whether it is LCN, Brisa or our Integrity line. I want to help these ladies get comfortable enough to perform a beautiful set of nails - that's my bottom line.

Sorry for the rant - but we just aren't as fortunate with training as you ladies in England are and I must say, I envy that!

Cheers!

Melanie

Latest posts

Back