Brisa Gel on Toes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poshe

Reaction score
Hi There, i have just started Brisa Gel on toes, it has been a while since my course and stupidly i didnt make notes.

Anyway my question is once i have applied the top coat and cured for 2 minutes, what do i use to wipe away the sticky finish and how long do i leave before i do wipe, can it be done straight away ??? :irked:

Please help, thank you

How long is it since you did your Brisa training?
Were you not given notes (or possibly handouts) in the training class?

It might be better for you to have a 1-2-1 or skill-building class to refresh your memory on application etc :hug:

You will have a folder from your training with all the details about Brisa in there,
like Sandi has asked, when and where did you do your training ?

Apart from not needing to build an apex, the procedure for doing Brisa on the toes are exactly the same as doing Brisa on the hands.

Hi all, I didnt actually do "Brisa" training, i did the nail enhancement course with CND, must have been about 6 yrs ago now at the Kent Academy, then i did the spa manicure and pedicure course in February this year, whilst at that course Liza showed us how to apply gel on to toes and explained no training really needed for toes as it is sooooo easy.

I have been working with acrylic for a good 10 yrs now so have no interest in gel overlays on hands as i guess i am stuck in my ways. Anyway the way i was showed to do the toes was as follows :-

prepare nails i.e clean, remove cutical remnance etc
apply bond, allow to dry
apply white tip, cure for 2 minutes
apply top coat gel, cure for 2 minutes
its the last bit i canot remember !!!!

my reason for not starting to use the gel straight away (whilst fresh in my memory) is the honest reason that i have had to wait until now to buy the Brisa lamp as it is lots of pennies !!!!

is anybody able to help ?????

Me again,

I have just found a "step by step" guide in my Brisa lamp box so my problem is sorted, i finish with Scrubfresh !!!!! Horaaaaay im off to do my own toes now,

I do appreciate you not really answering my question without knowing what qualifications etc i have, very professional.

thank you xx

Me again,

I have just found a "step by step" guide in my Brisa lamp box
so my problem is sorted, i finish with Scrubfresh !!!!! Horaaaaay im off to do my own toes now,

I do appreciate you not really answering my question without knowing what qualifications etc i have, very professional.

thank you xx
LOL, isn't that always the way? :wink2:

All the best with doing your toes, you should definitely start to offer that as a service, the results are long lasting and they look fab :green:

I have done my own toes and they look fab (if i do say so myself) i have also set in some lilac rinestones so they look really pretty. I was just wondering does anyone out there ever paint nail art on gel toes and if so at what stage do i do this ? would i do my bond, white tip and then paint, say, a few flicks with striper brush BEFORE the gel top coat ??? :irked:

I had made the decision that I am a liquid and Powder girl sometime ago, however; During the week, I was sorting out my attic and came across my BRISA set...... Temptation got the better of me and I did my toes!!!! They took half the time of L+P and look awesome!!! I have tried uploading pics will try again in a bit. Love them, Love them, Love them!!!!:green:

Forgot to ,mention that I did some flowers with a striper/dotter pen, after my UV finishing gloss..... I don't scrub-fresh mine until after that's gone on though :)

I agree it does take half the time, do you set any nail art in to your gel ?

I do alot of nailart on my clients, which on finger nails, i just do the arty bit after i have finished with the L&P and before applying the top coat (i use NSI Thermoshield) However i know my ladies are now going to want their toes to match (and rightly so) but i am not sure what the process is for nailart in gel and i dont want to be getting into a pickle in front of a client :cry: The way i set rinestones into my own toes was..... i did the bond and then white tip, then i put just 3 rinestones above the smile line and applied the top coat over the top. that worked a treat but what im wondering is, if i use nailart paint (waterbased) will is discolour once the gel goes over the top and cured ????

i shape the cured gel and buff smooth with a 180 grit then dust and clean.
paint on my design and allow to dry then follow that with my finishing gloss.
mine is a non cleanse as i prefer lechat to brisa, but brisa top coat just needs a wipe with scrubfresh after curing.
the only time you will have any problems is if you cover most of the nail with the painted design as the gel top will not be able to bond well to the base layers.

Latest posts

Back