Brisa gel removal, help!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauren.

Reaction score
Hi, I have looked through past threads re removing Brisa gel but am a little confused. My book from the conversion says to remove bulk and then soak, however when doing this last night the gel wasnt budging when soaked (I used my easysoak and Mundo product remover). I have since read threads which just say to file and buff away the product - no mention of soaking and also some saying to apply product remover on cotton pad and wrap the fingers in tin foil. I read the article on 'Brisa Q+As' and it basically says to remove bulk and soak off remaining product but it definately wasnt working for me!!

Please can someone enlighten me as to what I may be doing wrong - should I be using a different product remover???

Thank you in advance, dont know what i'd do without this site!!!!

Im sure that Brisa is buff off....not sure why your manual would advise otherwise...

Some more experienced techs will answer im sure x

Oh no, hope i havnt read it wrong, am gonna go look again, will feel so dizzy if i have!!!!!!

I think it says something like remove 50 % then soak. But my trainer said that we should just remove by file and buff.

Just looked at the CND website and it now says: WHAT IT DOES
Removes liquid and powder, wraps, adhesives and
tips from natural nails.

Think they have taken the Brisa part out.

Brisa is a buff off gel, not a soak off.

I've mislaid my booklet, but it's definately a buff off & not a soak off hun.

Both at the event and on my recent Brisa conversion I was told that you could soak brisa off but you have to remove nearly all of it until there is a VERY thin layer left on the nail and then you can soak that off.

Personally I haven't tried it.

I presume this is so that you are not filing the natural nail. As others have said it is a buff off gel so you cannot soak off as you would L&P.

Hth

Both at the event and on my recent Brisa conversion I was told that you could soak brisa off but you have to remove nearly all of it until there is a VERY thin layer left on the nail and then you can soak that off.

Personally I haven't tried it.

I presume this is so that you are not filing the natural nail. As others have said it is a buff off gel so you cannot soak off as you would L&P.

Hth

Exactly right!

Oh no, hope i havnt read it wrong, am gonna go look again, will feel so dizzy if i have!!!!!!

Im sorry to being off-of-the-topic but what does "dizzy" means?

Thanks for all the replies. Roughly how long should it take to remove a full set of Brisa nails?? and also with me being new to Brisa would I be better soaking the last layer off rather than buffing right down as I feel very nervous about damaging the natural nail??

Thank you all.x.

Thanks for all the replies. Roughly how long should it take to remove a full set of Brisa nails?? and also with me being new to Brisa would I be better soaking the last layer off rather than buffing right down as I feel very nervous about damaging the natural nail??

Thank you all.x.

To be honest, it is years and years since I removed a full set of Brisa.

I have needed to remove A nail or 2 occasionally and it takes me about 2-3 minutes to file the product sufficiently thin to normally just leave that thin thin layer in place and let it grow out.

I've never had a client object to this .. in fact, quite the reverse, they like the thin layer of protection while getting used to their own nails again.

Why are you having to remove a whole set?

Hi gigi, the nails I did on my friend for my Brisa conversion are still in place nearly 5 weeks later!! (cant believe it), obviously they look a little worse for wear and her own nails have grown right up. I was going to remove all the product and do a natural nail overlay. If I leave a tiny bit of product as you suggested can I still reapply as normal? and would I just apply Brisa bond to the newly grown nail or over the whole of the nail?

Oh, and also if you leave a tiny bit of product over the nail could you reapply the brisa top coat gel over this to make it shiny??

Hope this makes sense

Thank you.x.

Last edited:
Hi gigi, the nails I did on my friend for my Brisa conversion are still in place nearly 5 weeks later!! (cant believe it), obviously they look a little worse for wear and her own nails have grown right up. I was going to remove all the product and do a natural nail overlay. If I leave a tiny bit of product as you suggested can I still reapply as normal? and would I just apply Brisa bond to the newly grown nail or over the whole of the nail?

Hope this makes sense

Thank you.x.

Why not just carry on doing a rebalance and they will just be a NNO?

Yes you can re-apply as normal but no need to use Brisa Bond over remaining product just on the regrowth.

Your friend should not leave it so long between appointments. Regular maintenance ensures beauty all the time! You should rarely ever have to remove a set.

Thank you for clarifying that. If someone wanted product buffing right down leaving only a very thin layer, can you apply gel top coat over to make it shine?? and also if the natural nail is growing up behind the tip and is very discoloured would 'nail brite' work on the natural nail?? (this is really bothering my friend as she is a smoker and a couple of her nails are very discoloured).

Thank you again.x.

Last edited:
Thank you for clarifying that. If someone wanted product buffing right down leaving only a very thin layer, can you apply gel top coat over to make it shine?? and also if the natural nail is growing up behind the tip and is very discoloured would 'nail brite' work on the natural nail?? (this is really bothering my friend as she is a smoker and a couple of her nails are very discoloured).

Thank you again.x.

Yes and yes !!! :green: Make sure the surface of the gel is not smooth but finished with a 180 grit file before applying the finishing gloss. OR you could just polish the nails with Air Dry or Super Shiney.

Latest posts

Back