Brisa gel with white tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waffy

Reaction score
Dont shoot me as i know this has been asked before!!!

can i use white tips with brisa gel...?

i vaguely remember an issue with curing when using white tips..
however i have searched and searched and there seems to be conflicting advice on sg to cnd.com

help???
i have client on thursday who wants french gel but would like white tips

any advice? :irked:

You should use clear tips with Brisa. That way, you will get a full cure. HTH! :)

Yes that's what I was told.
But (please don't shoot me!!) I read a thread on here that Geeg replied to saying you could use white tips with clear or pink gel, not opaque gel....

Grrrr I'm confused!!! Help me!!!

I rang S2 just before christmas and asked the same question and they said you can't use white tips as you won't get a full cure. If your not sure give them a ring. You'll get a definate answer then.

The reason for the clear tips is bc the free edge needs to cure from top and bottom. It's not as necessary when using only clear or sheer, bc the uv will penetrate those, but if using white or opaque gel, the top cures before the middle is cured solidly. The clear tip helps this problem, bc its curing from both sides. :)

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Thank you. I'm being thick but want to get it right!
So I can use white tips with clear or pink gel as long as its not opaque. As it won't affect curing... Yes??

Thank you. I'm being thick but want to get it right!
So I can use white tips with clear or pink gel as long as its not opaque. As it won't affect curing... Yes??

correct! As long as you are using a see through gel of course you can use it over an etched white tip and it will cure. But if you were using the sculpting white or coloured gels or any other opaque or semi-opaque gel you would need to use a clear tip. I will make sure the girls at S2 on the phones understand that ... There are 2 or 3 new ones started out and they may be un-clear on some of the finer points.

Fab thankyou Geeg x

Latest posts

Back