Brisa Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purplebunnies

Reaction score
Can any brisa geeks help me out on this one.

I had a client in november for enchancements using brisa (this is my thrid set) She call me on saturday and said she was dissapointed in me as she broke 2 of her nails and the rest fell off. I said that i cant be held responsible for the breakages as i dont know how it happened but i offer 2 repairs at every infill. When she said they all fell off, i was a little surprised and asked her how that happened, she said they stared to peel off the nail completely, i did ask her if she had tried to lift it off, as with any overlay enough picking will cause the overlay to come off, she says she hasn't. I also asked her why she didn't contact me when it first happened as i could of resolved the problem, she said she was busy and then went on to say how she wanted them for xmas, is she trying to pull a fast one?.

Oh and she is a nail biter

What did i do wrong, i do loads of prep and dont usually have problems with lifting.

hi lisa, when in november did she come to so how many weeks was it later that she phoned??

being a nailbiter will mean that she won't have stopped her nibbling overnight, she has probably had her nails in her mouth and between her teeth without even realising she's even doing it, this will weaken the enhancements.
Nails don't just fall off, I would think she's helped them along a bit too.
Are you sure the gel was cured properly? Buff the enhancements with a 180 grit to make sure the finishing gloss has got something to adhere to.
When you see her next, get some Scrubfresh on a lintfree pad and wipe it on her nails BEFORE doing anything else, if she has helped force the enhancements off you will be able to see the damage on her nailplate, you can then show her what she's done and hopefully it will prevent her doing it again in the future.

snooks said:
hi lisa, when in november did she come to so how many weeks was it later that she phoned??

App was 23/11/05 and she called sat 17/12/05

I followed the book to a T, and used the 180grit. Could i of put too much bonder on? as it says to apply sparingly(sp) which i think i did, Just confused as the model i used on my conversion day (beg of Nov) they're still going strong.

purplebunnies said:
App was 23/11/05 and she called sat 17/12/05

That's nearly four weeks hun... and a nail biter too? sounds suss to me. put them on again and tell her you want to see her once a week or every ten days to see how she is getting on with the nibbling thing.

She says she has lost all confidense in me and she is going to OZ for 6 mths at the end of Jan. I think she is after a christmas freebee, Well if she is tuff luck, i'm book solid untill 3rd Jan.

the other geeks have said just as i would have done !! i had a severe nail biter in a few weeks ago and hers needed infilling within a week and she was more than happy with paying again as she had nails, however short !! stick to your guns on this one as i think she is knocking your confidence for no reason, it has happened to most of us , but if you ask subtle questions you will probably find she was being totally disrespectful of her 'jewels' ! keep smiling xx

I think you'll find that they were peeled off by her teeth! From what you are saying she is pulling a fast one. Nail biters should not go more than 2 weeks between infills until they can break the urge to nibble at them

ps I am an ex biter and as I was reading this I suddenly realised I was nibbling at my nails! Most biters don't even know they are doing it, that's why they blame you!!!

Thanks all for your replys. I shall give her a call to tonight to explain that i did follow the correct application procedure and politey say i can not be held responsible unless i can see what is happening at the time.

That little CHESTNUT again!! They all "FELL" off.
Brisa Gel just doesn't FALL OFF! even when I have forgotten to use primer on the second hand the bloody stuff hasnt moved when my client came back for rebalance! At the best of times it won't even soak off! so "fell off" I dont "FELLOFFIN" think so!!!
She's trying to have your pants down babe! charge her and tell her that breakages must be paid for. She'll start to look after them then. If she doesnt come back, then you dont need clients like her anyway. she isnt a great advert to you and she'll cost YOU money in the end! and your time is money too don't forget.

jussy said:
That little CHESTNUT again!! They all "FELL" off.
Brisa Gel just doesn't FALL OFF! even when I have forgotten to use primer on the second hand the bloody stuff hasnt moved when my client came back for rebalance! At the best of times it won't even soak off! so "fell off" I dont "FELLOFFIN" think so!!!
She's trying to have your pants down babe! charge her and tell her that breakages must be paid for. She'll start to look after them then. If she doesnt come back, then you dont need clients like her anyway. she isnt a great advert to you and she'll cost YOU money in the end! and your time is money too don't forget.
I think that Brisa cannot be soaked off.It has to be filed off.Please others,correct me if I am wrong.

Lana said:
I think that Brisa cannot be soaked off.It has to be filed off.Please others,correct me if I am wrong.

you right.

I know that plenty have answered this, but 24 days later????????????? As a nil biter she should have been in to see you 8 days later to make sure she was coping OK! Nail biters are notoriously the worst and as we all know 'nail enhancements DON'T FALL OFF'!!!!! Crikey Moses, I think you did a great job if she managed almost a month!!!!

It is very important to learn how to handle these situations and you certainly didn't owe her ANY freebies! If you do a search, you will come up with some threads on how to handle nail biters - search 'they just fell off'.... HHTH's :!: ;)

Don't let a client who has a motive and her own agenda knock your confidence. Your full book tells me all I need to know to assume you are doing a good job.
Nice try but .... NO cigar!!!

Latest posts

Back