Brisa help needed, please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucybluebell

Reaction score
I've just done my infills and took the final sticky layer off and they look awful!!! It's looks like loads of little round dips which are dull...I've tried to take a photo but it's not turned out well. Can anyone help me, I'm fairly new to Brisa :(

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344092547.782484.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344092547.782484.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 153
At a guess I'm thinking either I didn't put a generous enough coat of topcoat or come to think of it after I shaped the nails I brushed off the dust and didn't scrub fresh before applying the gloss....my minds gone blank- should I have done this?!

That looks like not all the gel cured fully and was wiped off, when you removed sticky layer. Strange

It's not strange ... it is normal if you do not clean the surface before applying your Top Coat Gloss.

If you have touched any of those nails with your fingers when filing (probably all of them) you will have deposited oil and contamination on the surface and the result will be an orange peel or patchy appearance.

To fix it .. re buff the surface smooth again with the 180 side of your file and then clean thoroughly with a damp pad and Scrub Fresh .. let DRY completely (especially in the nail grooves) And re-apply your Top Coat gloss in a medium amount (not a skinny amount) .. seal the free edge as you paint and all will be well.

Gigi thank you...I sort of guessed what I'd done!
So for future reference after shaping the nails I should always scrubfresh?...didn't write that step down when I was on the course (oops!) but it makes sense x

Last edited:
Strange for us new CND users :p

Gigi thank you...I sort of guessed what is done!
So for future reference after shaping the nails I should always scrubfresh?...didn't write that step down when I was on the course (oops!) but it makes sense x

Yes, I always scrubfresh the nails after filing... I lurve the scrubfresh :D

No I knew the gel was cured correctly ;)

Gigi thank you...I sort of guessed what is done!

If there is any remote chance you have touched the surface of the nails then yes you need to use Scrub Fresh to clean it before applying your Top Coat Gloss.

I personally never do the Scrub Fresh step before adding my gloss as I never touch the nail surface when filing and therefore, I only have to dust the surface ... but then I have been doing nails for years and am a very precise worker. When you get more precise, then you can omit the SF step. Something to look forward to. :lol:

Your nails are looking pretty nice, Lucy (shape-wise and smiles etc) ... well done.

If there is any remote chance you have touched the surface of the nails then yes you need to use Scrub Fresh to clean it before applying your Top Coat Gloss.

I personally never do the Scrub Fresh step before adding my gloss as I never touch the nail surface when filing and therefore, I only have to dust the surface ... but then I have been doing nails for years and am a very precise worker. When you get more precise, then you can omit the SF step. Something to look forward to. :lol:

I do it just incase I have touched the nail without noticing...just to doubly make sure haha. It all comes with time and practice though right :)

I do it just incase I have touched the nail without noticing...just to doubly make sure haha. It all comes with time and practice though right :)

Time and PERFECT practise ... right! :hug:

Thank you Gigi. That has made my day :))

Last edited:
Brisa doesn't like an oily nail enhancement and it doesn't like a shiny surface either. Always finish using a 180 grit and don't be tempted to white block the surface x

It's not just Brisa gel .. ALL gels will react exactly the same if the surface is contaminated. And as I posted earlier, the 180 grit file is a must.

Latest posts

Back