brisa over acylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carol at CottageNails

Reaction score
:!: Hi, I have just recently attended a workshop day at Creative, (fab it was). At the end of the day Diane plummer showed us how to use Brisa over acrylic. I have been and bought my products, Liquid Bond, White Gel Paint (now in soft white yipee) and Finishing gloss, bit I have forgotten the steps to applying. is it liquid bond, then white and cure, wipe off sticky residue then finishing gloss and cure, its the wipe of bit im not sure about, so sorry diane if you read this its my memory.

By the way, anybody need to tweek any nail problems, do the workshop, well worth it.

Regards

Carol
Cottage Nails:)

Hi Carol
you don't need to use Liquid Bond unless you're applying Brisa to natural nails. for application on top of L+P you would buff the L+P with a 180 grit, remove dust, apply POW, cure, apply Finishing Gloss, cure, remove inhibition layer, done.
hth's

Thanki you sandi, thats a great help, I did wonder about the bond, but I was told in the one stop nail shop that the pow wouldnt hold without the bond. But who cares, here goes, thank so much for your prompt reply.

take care
carol
Cottage nails

If you're doing Gel toes (for example) then you'd use the Liquid Bond as the gel would be going on to natural nail.
When applying Brisa to enhancements it needs either a 180 finish to adhere to or a sticky layer.

We need to see pics Carol :wink2:

I've just started charging an extra $10 for anyone that comes in with a gel over acrylic. I hate having to file that stuff off and the dust is so damn fine it's like talc, filing gel also puts my teeth on edge (I don't like the sound/sensation it makes)

I've just started charging an extra $10 for anyone that comes in with a gel over acrylic. I hate having to file that stuff off and the dust is so damn fine it's like talc, filing gel also puts my teeth on edge (I don't like the sound/sensation it makes)

Oh i am the opposite to that i hate filing acrylic it feels like it takes forever and its very 'gritty'! :lol:
soooo...it is ok say to do a full set of plain acrylic then do your french with brisa and the finishing gloss, would this cause any problems? thanks nic :)

soooo...it is ok say to do a full set of plain acrylic then do your french with brisa and the finishing gloss, would this cause any problems? thanks nic :)
Yep, but use the white gel paint with the finishing gloss. Haven't had any problems yet. HTH

i have a question...

what are benefits of applying gel over l+P and what would the reasons be.....?

I would say probably time, less filing and you can charge a little more. Once you have finished shaping etc with your 180 you then apply the finishing gloss and cure, so in theory you aren't spending time going through your buffing process to get the high shine.

Carl - Thank you for your input - that's what I like to see :green: you will make me and a lot of others happy with your reply!

I agree with you wholeheartedly about how fine the dust is. It is good (imho) to put a gel layer over L&P - why? because it saves a lot of time and effort to get a nice shiny finish - and especially if you are a lover of nail art :green:

I've just started charging an extra $10 for anyone that comes in with a gel over acrylic.
you have started to charge $10 because you don't like to file the gel finish off the nails?
it takes no longer than any other product to file off, I'd be more inclined to charge for applying it, you'd make more money that way and clients like to have the permanent shine on their nails, they can apply enamel and when it's removed they still have their fab shine :D
just a thought :wink2:

you have started to charge $10 because you don't like to file the gel finish off the nails?
it takes no longer than any other product to file off, I'd be more inclined to charge for applying it, you'd make more money that way and clients like to have the permanent shine on their nails, they can apply enamel and when it's removed they still have their fab shine :D
Valid points Sandi - you always give us nails "food" for thought :wink2:

I would say probably time, less filing and you can charge a little more. Once you have finished shaping etc with your 180 you then apply the finishing gloss and cure, so in theory you aren't spending time going through your buffing process to get the high shine.

But then when they come back for a fill you have to buff it off before re-applying acrylic, so you save 5 mins initially, (although I reckon I could buff and oil in the time it took to apply then cure gel on both hands) then it takes an extra 10 minutes the next appointment ro remove it.

Actually it probably takes longer to apply and cure gel, than it would to buff.

Depends on how thick you apply the top coat. Maybe because I always rebalance rather than backfill, my filing time is pretty much the same.

And while they're curing I'm cleaning and sanitising my tools ready for the next client.
Also depends on the client, they may not like the high shine, I don't use it on all my clients.

It does take longer to file off, besides, when I'm doing a normal fill, i don't buff the whole surface of the nail in the beginnning (that will make you guess):) .

Of course I see you valid points as in shine etc.
Of course it cool if you do gels already, it's also a great upsell for you and your services, as it is a great upsell for Creative to sell you a Brisa kit, or any other gel for that matter, but the initial question was about Brisa, hence me mentioning that first.

Wow I am so glad this came up. I was always wondering about using both products ( uv gel and lp) but I didn't ask because I figured it couldn't be done. Can you use this finishing gloss over nail art instead of clear polish for a tougher and higher shine or can you only use it over a gel p&w?

so i was thinking today lol would there be any problems with the gel chipping off the acrylic at all? this is what i am worried about....:irked:

I think I started something there, well heres another one, now i am finding that pow is a little shadowing in areas, is its supposed to be a gloopy product, its not like applying with a white polish, if I attempt to add more then its to thick. I do like the finish apart from the above mentioned, they are very glossy, I have also tried just using the finishing gloss on its own with no pow, especially as I have allready done my own with soft white acrylic, it appears to seal the product better, and as my own nals are prone to lifting this product has reduced the lifting 100%.

Cheers
Carol at Cottage Nails

Hi Kristina, you can use over nail art, I have tried it, but dont forget you will have to put up with the nail art until its buffed off.

cheers
carol at cottage nalis

Latest posts

Back