Brisa - what am I doing wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauren.

Reaction score
Hi. Im having problems with Brisa, in that after a couple of days the whole enhancement is 'pinging off' (this is the only way I can describe it). After completing my conversion I did a few sets which lasted really well, one of these was on myself but just recently they are not lasting at all.

Ive checked my prep routine and have realised that im not removing cuticle away with citrusoak just with scrubfresh (could this be the reason?), I cant see anything else that im doing wrong but know that I must be :cry:. I know I will get a telling off for what im about to say but this evening I have 'pinged' the remaining 7 nails off just by running my finger nail down the side, they are literally coming straight off.

Please, please help me as I love Brisa but feel so frustrated at the moment.

Thank you.x.

are you using scrubfresh as your cuticle remover??? for a Cnd prep you should be either using cuticle eraser or the remover (cant remember what the new names are for them)..... after leaving it to soak for a minute you should then be gently removing the cuticle from the nail plate with your metal pushie tool. if using the remover then residue needs to be wiped away with citrisoak or similar and water..... if using the eraser then srubfresh will do.
Scrubfresh is used to dehydrate and clense the nail before the acrylic is applied.

Cuticle away, remove it with citrus soak and water, remove shine from nails, remove dust, scrubfresh, memory block but you have to use the brisa primer stuff first, arghh cant believe ive forgotten the name, make sure it is totally dry before your apply any gel. really scrub your first layer of gel into the nail, dont just "paint" on. urm, not sure if any of that helps but hey. xxx

BRISA BOND! I remembered lol. x

You may be having problems, but it's not with Brisa!! :green:

It is obvious to me that there is some barrier between the product and the nail plate. It is either, air, moisture or cuticle.

Nowhere on any CND course are you ever taught to remove Cuticle Remover with ScrubFresh ... number 1

Number 2 ... the nail plate surface should be bone dry before you apply anything to it!! It should not be damp with Scrub Fresh, Brisa Bond or the water and Citrusoak. BONE Dry.

Number 3 .. work the first layer of Brisa onto the surface of the plate .. do not paint it on like polish.

When I first started using Brisa I was not working the bonder layer into the nail plate enough and had some problems.

I know I have got it right when I can feel the brush really 'dragging' as I work the gel, which only needs to be a very small amount - HTH

Thank you for all the replies. After reading them I think im guilty of my bonder layer being way too thick and not applying properly, am going to try again later today.

Roughly how long does Brisa bond take to completely dry??

Actualy, this thread has helped me too! Im having a few problems, and I think its my first layer. I dont think Im scrubbing it into the nail enough. Thanks guys!

Thank you for all the replies. After reading them I think im guilty of my bonder layer being way too thick and not applying properly, am going to try again later today.

Roughly how long does Brisa bond take to completely dry??

I find by the time I have worked across the 10 nails with liquid bond the first nail is ready for the gel. Liquid bond should only be applied on the natural nail and if applied correctly dries almost instantly.

Have a read of this, it may help you http://www.salongeek.com/nail-application/91726-brisa-gel-application.html

can anyone tell me if anything else can be used instead of citrus soak? ive just gone to order some and its currently out of stock so need a alternative???

can anyone tell me if anything else can be used instead of citrus soak? ive just gone to order some and its currently out of stock so need a alternative???

Plain old water is what actually neutralises the Cuticle Away, but a tiny drop of Citrusoak is a nice addition to ensure the nailplate is clean, and it adds a nice touch for the client.

I believe you could add a squirt of Scentsations instead, but do ensure you clean the nailplate off effectively afterwards.

Plain old water is what actually neutralises the Cuticle Away, but a tiny drop of Citrusoak is a nice addition to ensure the nailplate is clean, and it adds a nice touch for the client.

I believe you could add a squirt of Scentsations instead, but do ensure you clean the nailplate off effectively afterwards.

OK cheers, So if I cant get anything, water is fine. Already got my ScrubFresh so OK for cleaning the nail plate too. I've never heard of Scentsations before, do you know where I'd be able to get that?
Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok cheers, so if i cant get anything water is fine, already got my scrubfresh so ok for cleaning tne nail plate to. ive never heard of scentsations before, do you know where id be able to get that?
thanks again.

Honey ... Scentsations body wash is part of the CND Scentsations range .. loads of different scents to compliment the Scentsations hand and Body lotions. You get them from Creative in the UK from Welcome - Sweet Squared or ring 08452106060 to order. If you are geting your CND products from a genuine source, then you will be able to buy Scentsations.

cool, sorry but am new to cnd only just did the conversion course couple of weeks ago, only just getting my head round all products that i learnt about! not even heard of scentsations!! but that is good news!!!
and yes i am ordering from sweet squared, citrusoak was out of stock and didnt know what else i could use!

Latest posts

Back