Broken CND lamp!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Worth a try. Sorry it was not that. Still useful information for others that do not know that the lamp hours have to be reset when you make a change. X

Can I just say.....bless Geeg for still getting on this thread and trying to find answers for people - especially after all the grief she is getting!

It may not solve everyone's lamp issue but I'd bet a few people will hit that reset button and it'll be problem solved! How happy will they be? :) x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

So, I rang sweet squared today as Geeg advised me to do. They will not replace my lamp as it is out of warranty despite being only used for 110 hours. I pointed out that their terms & conditions of sale as follows :-
12. OUR LIABILITY

12.1 We warrant to you that
(a) any Product purchased from us through our site is of satisfactory quality and reasonably fit for all the purposes for which products of the kind are commonly supplied;

However, they still wouldn't do anything as its out of warranty. I pointed out that a lamp lasting 110 hours was not of satisfactory quality, but they said they could not do anything. I asked if they thought it was ok then for a lamp to last 110 hours to which I was told, " I'm not saying its ok, I am saying its out of warranty and we cannot replace it or send it for testing" I was advised to take it to an electrician as it may be something simple !!

I am disgusted with this service. Sweet Squared always put such an emphasis on customer service & 'love & respect', however, I have received poor customer service & no 'love & respect'. It is appalling that they will not replace it after lasting 110 hours !! They say its not ok for it to last that length of time, but on the other hand wont do anything about it.
At the end of the day, like all other businesses it is about the money, not the customer, whatever they may say to the contrary!!

This is disgusting customer service. They're well aware that there are problems with their lamps. All faulty lamps should be refunded whether out of warranty or not. I would take this further. They need to be reported. You have all the evidence you need on this thread. Quickly copy it before they decide to delete it. Log all calls and emails received by S2.

Surely then, customer satisfaction should be paramount to a business.

Not when you're locked into a system. If you have a load of shellac sitting on a shelf, you have no choice but to purchase a new lamp, otherwise it's unusable.
As nobody can deviate from the 'party line' that only a shellac lamp can be used, I feel desperately sorry for those techs with broken, unusable lamps, no way of getting a replacement, and a business that has to be closed down while the supplier gets their act together.
Personally? I'd cut my losses and go with a system that doesn't leave you at the mercy of one company. Every other system is happy to work with a generic lamp, or certainly more than one lamp.

So, I rang sweet squared today as Geeg advised me to do. They will not replace my lamp as it is out of warranty despite being only used for 110 hours. I pointed out that their terms & conditions of sale as follows :-
12. OUR LIABILITY

(a) any Product purchased from us through our site is of satisfactory quality and reasonably fit for all the purposes for which products of the kind are commonly supplied;

However, they still wouldn't do anything as its out of warranty. I pointed out that a lamp lasting 110 hours was not of satisfactory quality, but they said they could not do anything. I asked if they thought it was ok then for a lamp to last 110 hours to which I was told, " I'm not saying its ok, I am saying its out of warranty and we cannot replace it or send it for testing" I was advised to take it to an electrician as it may be something simple !!

I am disgusted with this service. Sweet Squared always put such an emphasis on customer service & 'love & respect', however, I have received poor customer service & no 'love & respect'. It is appalling that they will not replace it after lasting 110 hours !! They say its not ok for it to last that length of time, but on the other hand wont do anything about it.
At the end of the day, like all other businesses it is about the money, not the customer, whatever they may say to the contrary!!

This is really unfortunate. I would be really upset too. What will you do now cath?
Go with another brand? Or wait it out for a lamp?

Not when you're locked into a system. If you have a load of shellac sitting on a shelf, you have no choice but to purchase a new lamp, otherwise it's unusable.
As nobody can deviate from the 'party line' that only a shellac lamp can be used, I feel desperately sorry for those techs with broken, unusable lamps, no way of getting a replacement, and a business that has to be closed down while the supplier gets their act together.
Personally? I'd cut my losses and go with a system that doesn't leave you at the mercy of one company. Every other system is happy to work with a generic lamp, or certainly more than one lamp.

Ecaxctly, customer service SHOULD be paramount, but in this case it just isnt. I bought another lamp & some gelish last week as I had no choice.It was that or stop working. I am disgusted that S2 wont agree to either replace or test my lamp as its out of warranty but has been little used.

Ecaxctly, customer service SHOULD be paramount, but in this case it just isnt. I bought another lamp & some gelish last week as I had no choice.It was that or stop working. I am disgusted that S2 wont agree to either replace or test my lamp as its out of warranty but has been little used.

Such a shame. S2 are usually so willing when I have had issues. I would still put something in writing, maybe to the powers that be, perhaps seeing if some reparation can be made for this in another way?

This is really unfortunate. I would be really upset too. What will you do now cath?

I have had to buy another lamp & some gelish as I had no choice. I cant just wait around for a lamp to come back in stock its just not an option when you have clients booked in.
I cannot believe that they are refusing to replace it to be honest & it has made me question using shellac any more.Shocking customer service.

Such a shame. S2 are usually so willing when I have had issues. I would still put something in writing, maybe to the powers that be, perhaps seeing if some reparation can be made for this in another way?

I have emailed them so I have a record of what they say.I will await their reply.

Dire days and dreadful for cnd, suppliers and its lamp users all round! :hug:

Reminds me of when I was doing my cnd foundation training course, as it was then. The previous supplier, hyperion, folded and cnd supplies just dried up - powders, liquid, the lot!! We couldn't get enough to practise with and working techs coudn't get enough to work on their clients with. Some decamped, out of necessity, but many came back once S2 got them up and running again in the UK.

You HAVE to find an alternative if you want to stay in business, at least until the matter is rectified. x

To those who are changing systems - are you retraining too so that you're insurance covers you?

To those who are changing systems - are you retraining too so that you're insurance covers you?

You don't need to necessarily retrain to use a gel polish, a simple manicure qualification normally suffices.

I use Gelish and Artistic Colour Gloss alongside Shellac and didn't need to retrain.

Insurance covers u as long as u are manicure trained. Training in particular brand is a necessity xxxxx

Isn't always a necessity I mean lol cxxx

My story so far is that I messaged S2 asking them is they thought it was satisfactory for a lamp to last 110 hours even though it was out of warranty.They chose not to answer my question, but sidestepped around it. I have sent another mesage asking for a direct reply.

This was their reply:-

Sweet Squared

Hi Cath,
We are very sorry that you are experiencing problems with your lamp and look into all faults individually with regards to electrical products, as with all products we do accept responsibility within a reasonable time scale of the warranty period …unfortunately the purchase date for your lamp was 2011 and is now well out of the warranty period by most standards.
As the lamp has been used for its purpose for the last two and a half years it must surely be deemed as being fit for purpose.
Hope this helps,
Love & Respect.

Cath
11:29am

Thank you for your reply, but you have chosen not to answer my question. I hardly used the lamp last year I was diagnosed with breast cancer & was having treatment for most of the year. This is why it has only been used for 110 hours.
I will repeat my question again.....

item 12 of your terms and conditions states :-12. OUR LIABILITY

So, my question is, do you think a lamp lasting only 110 hours fulfils the above criteria?
I am not disputing the length of time I have had the lamp, I am disputing the fact that I think 'satisfactory quality' should be a lamp lasting more than 110 hours. How many hours do you think a lamp of satisfactory quality should last?
I would appreciate a direct answer to my question please.

In warranty or not doesn't matter, The Sale of Goods Act 1979 says that goods that are not fit for their normal purpose are not of satisfactory quality and you may have the right to return them to the seller and get a refund. A big company like sweet squared should be aware of this.

Do you know how many hours they expect their lamps to be working for ? If a normal working week is 37 to 40 hours and a lamp would be on for at least half of this then 110 hours is totally inadequate and not fit for purpose.

Last edited:
I'm not a sweet squared user but have been following the thread with interest but don't want to get into a " keep your nose out " argument lol ! I'm sending you something that may be interesting to you. X

My story so far is that I messaged S2 asking them is they thought it was satisfactory for a lamp to last 110 hours even though it was out of warranty.They chose not to answer my question, but sidestepped around it. I have sent another mesage asking for a direct reply.

This was their reply:-

Sweet Squared

Hi Cath,
We are very sorry that you are experiencing problems with your lamp and look into all faults individually with regards to electrical products, as with all products we do accept responsibility within a reasonable time scale of the warranty period …unfortunately the purchase date for your lamp was 2011 and is now well out of the warranty period by most standards.
As the lamp has been used for its purpose for the last two and a half years it must surely be deemed as being fit for purpose.
Hope this helps,
Love & Respect.

Cath
11:29am

Thank you for your reply, but you have chosen not to answer my question. I hardly used the lamp last year I was diagnosed with breast cancer & was having treatment for most of the year. This is why it has only been used for 110 hours.
I will repeat my question again.....

item 12 of your terms and conditions states :-12. OUR LIABILITY

So, my question is, do you think a lamp lasting only 110 hours fulfils the above criteria?
I am not disputing the length of time I have had the lamp, I am disputing the fact that I think 'satisfactory quality' should be a lamp lasting more than 110 hours. How many hours do you think a lamp of satisfactory quality should last?
I would appreciate a direct answer to my question please.

Oh good grief. I would have expected a discounted replacement at the least...the VERY least. I'm sorry Cath, keep at 'em xxx

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 says that goods that are not fit for their normal purpose are not of satisfactory quality and you may have the right to return them to the seller and get a refund. A big company like sweet squared should be aware of this.

And again...
You have no consumer rights whatsoever.
Sweet Squared do not supply to consumers; this is a B2B transaction.
The Sale of Goods Act does not apply here. The Supply of Goods and Services Act does.

Does anyone know if sweetsquared keep records of our calls? I may try emailing them now. I rang them over a year ago but my lamp was out of warrenty by a month or so but had only been used for 40 which is unacceptable.

If they keep a record I can prove that I rang and spoke to someone, rather than them saying I've had it and been using it over 2 years. Xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back