Brow waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicx

Reaction score
Bit of advice needed here! It may sound like a silly question, but I'm just wondering what other folk do. So I completed my brow definition course which included the whole tinting, waxing, plucking, trimming and threading shebang. However I have a client wanting just a brow wax tomorrow night. Having never had just a brow wax before, I don't know how much I should do. Obviously the waxing itself isn't an issue, I can do that...but should I also throw in the threading and trimming too? How much work do you put into a simple 'brow wax'. I'd just banked on having folk wanting the whole brow definition treatment, but if somebody just asks for a wax, is it normal to just do the wax and leave it at that?

Hi for just a standard Brow Wax I trim, wax and tweeze any stray hairs :)

That makes sense. Thank you so much! I had been considering throwing in threading over the top of the brow too, but then I'd end up pretty much doing the full brow definition thing without the tinting or the price to match. So I'll scale it down to just the waxing, plucking stray hairs and a trim as you say... And I'll save the threading too for a treatment above that price point. You're a star! x

I wax then tweeze and if required i trim

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Good question - but do you wax the top too like the brow definition??

I've had to stop my self and just do the bottom otherwise it's too similar to the definition I think xx

I wouldn't wax over the clients brow unless they request it. I know I wouldn't want hair removed from above my brow.

Good question - but do you wax the top too like the brow definition??

I've had to stop my self and just do the bottom otherwise it's too similar to the definition I think xx
Yes, this is exactly my problem. If we do so much for just a wax, then what's the selling point of our brow definition (aside from the tinting aspect). But there's a big hike in price for that, so we'd be selling ourselves short by doing over the top threading too, I think? We should maybe just save that for the full definition treatment? It's do difficult deciding what to do! I'd never considered needing to break down all the elements of the brow definition and pricing them separately. x

Yea, I think it's best if we just do the bottom of the brow, then tweeze the strays and trim if needed :) I think that's the best idea :) xx

I refuse to wax above the brow even if requested. I dont yet offer threading but will be training soon. I understand threading is far more accurate for this area x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I have always waxes above and below brown and don't understand why you wouldn't.

I have always waxes above and below brown and don't understand why you wouldn't.

I'm with Fozzyo. Surely not doing the top is an incomplete eyebrow shape service?

I wax able and below the brow. I don't wax to far in on the top as it can sometimes take away from the shape.
If your unsure wether to do it ask the client if they want it done!

I was taught never to wax from the top of the brow as the hairs will grow back skewiff and all over the place - is that not true? :s

You should always wax/tweeze or whatever above, below and middle.

In answer to the OP………..to me, you either do a great brow or you don't. So why not have a price for the full definition with tint and another price for everything else excluding the tinting part.

Last edited:
That makes sense Kim, thank you. I don't want to feel like I'm doing half a job and not giving the best result possible. So I think I'll do that, and advertise a service with and without the tint. It does make sense when I think about it sensibly. I'd just been caught off guard when I was asked just for a brow wax so soon after doing the brow definition training, as I hadn't considered doing anything but the full package at the time. So I hadn't thought through how I'd break it down for just a partial treatment and hadn't worked out how I'd price it at that stage. I ended up doing the full lot tonight minus the tint, so now I know I'll break it down with a tint and without and can advertise it that way. I just hadn't banked on needing to figure it out so quickly as I had assumed I'd have a few weeks go by before anybody asked me to do it. But sometimes I guess you have to hit the ground running! Thanks for your help!

I had this exact same conversation in salon yesterday. We Charge £7 for a brow wax or£11 wax and tint. We shape and define the eyebrow above below and middle.
I'm now worried if I go on HD training we already do too much in our normal cheap brow shape that HD won't take off x

I've been struggling with the same. I want to charge £20 for definition brows (haven't had to decide on a price yet), but if I'm offering everything but a tint for much less, then I surely can't justify £20 for the definition. I can't figure out a pricing structure that's fair, but isn't ridiculously cheap considering the measuring, tinting, waxing, trimming, threading and finishing that the brow definition involves. It's not a quick process.

I wax above and below for a regular eyebrow wax. Some people's brows grow right up to the hairline! You can't leave that there!
We charge £8 for an eyebrow wax and £25 for HD Brows. We book out 15 mins for the wax and 45 for HD's so I think the pricing is fair.

Latest posts

Back