Bruised nails after removing tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliebabes33

Reaction score
hi I just wanted some advice about a client i have who had bruised nails after removing her acrylic enhancements. She suffers from a blood disorder but I didnt know this until after she had taken them off and she showed me the bruising. I did ask if she had any allergies/contraindications etc before hand and I didnt over file them when prepping them, I always take extra care when doing this, and just use a white sanding block. Should I stick to doing a simple manicure with polish on her or not do any type of treatment?:confused:

Did you remove them, or did she perhaps pull them off?

How were the enhancements removed?

What does this bruising actually look like? I can't picture it at all. Never seen nails that were bruised after wearing enhancments. I've seen splinter heamoraging and I've seen staining from a bacterial infection but bruised nails ... never. I'd like a description or a picture.

hi she told me some of them came off (I have just qualified so am still learning!) but will ask her if she pulled any off because i know that could cause trauma - the bruising is just above the free edge and looks just like when you have trapped your nail in a door! I was very concerned when she showed me it - its not on all her nails though, just 3 of them.

hi she told me some of them came off (I have just qualified so am still learning!) but will ask her if she pulled any off because i know that could cause trauma - the bruising is just above the free edge and looks just like when you have trapped your nail in a door! I was very concerned when she showed me it - its not on all her nails though, just 3 of them.

Do they look like little brown splinters (lots of them)? I think it is splinter haemorrhage's you are seeing which is a kind of bruising and usually caused by trauma at the free edge of nails that are far too long.

Not usually something that is caused by picking product off the surface. In fact I have seen plenty of picked off nails in my time and never seen this caused by picking. More likely nails too long and she's fallen or done something to bend them back and to bleed slightly into the grooves of the nail bed.

just a thought is there any chance it could be an infection, i have seen someone who had been going to an 'NSS' with awfull dark bruise like marks that turned out not to be bruises at all.

just a thought is there any chance it could be an infection, i have seen someone who had been going to an 'NSS' with awfull dark bruise like marks that turned out not to be bruises at all.

Are you meaning 'rings of fire' from excessive drill use? If so these are not normally brown but dark reddish and I've never seen them look like bruises. And if so why on only 3 nails and not all?

Pictures would be useful as otherwise all this is just speculation and pretty meaningless, including my comments. I have allot of experience however and have seen splinter haemmorhage many times and it does look brownish and like a bruise .. well it is bruising actually.

id say its splinter hemoraging ive seen it plenty of times especially when they leave it too long to be filled so the shape of the nail(the c curve) is not protecting the free edge wen they bang them or bend them this can cause splinters and usually only occurs on a few of the nails
i agree wit geeg :idea: u should post up pics so we can ave a gander and u never know we all might learn something :)

i dont use electric files and its definitely not splinter haemorhage as i know what they look like its quite wide across the nail i think she must have caught the nails they were long but not over long. I have text her to ask her to send me a pic and i will show you it when i get it.

Latest posts

Back