Brush & different monomers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

femmefan

Reaction score
I'm currently using monomer to soak my l&p brush after use to keep it fresh as I read on here that this was the best method.

However, I'm going for an interview for a part time job in a salon and they want me to use my own brush for the 'nail test'. As they use a different product from me, Millenium (I use nsi) I mentioned that I wasn't sure about using a different monomer in my brush and was told that I would be alright if I washed it in acetone. They seemed to think that if it was recommended to wash my brush in monomer and not acetone then it must be a poor quality brush!

Please can someone tell me what I should do. I'm worried enough about doing a nail test and interview without the stress of thinking I may be ruining my brush :Scared:

You are correct hun,
Stick by your guns...because you may find you will have to do it often lol...
Acetone can dry out your brush,

Hiyah
I personally wouldnt use my own brush and as for cleaning it in acetone.... hels bels no way!!

Have you got or can you get hold of another brush?
or can you not do your test nail using your nsi because that's what I would do, surely if you can master nsi you will be able to master millenium??

Sue x

Hi Hun,
I agree, take your own brush, and a small amount of your NSI monomer and powders, explain that you don't wan't to contaminate your brush. If they want to see you use their product then surely they have the products there and a brush you can use for the demo.
I have ruined a perfectly good brush by using a different monomer with a trial kit, can't get the yellowing out of it, so marked it with a nail polish dot and I will use it only on deep coloured acrylics.
Good luck with the interview.
Let us know how you get on.
Lotsa luv x :biggrin:

Thanks for the advice - I was 99% sure I was right, but faced with someone who owns a salon and has been in business for quite some time it feels a bit awkward to infer that they don't know what they're talking about :eek:

Not sure really how to tackle it without ruining my chances of the job. I don't really need the job as I have started working mobile but I just thought a couple of days a week in a busy salon would sort out any timing issues. It still takes me 2 hours for a full set so I could do with chopping off at least half an hour :biggrin:

Hi Hun,
Go along to the interview with the intention of getting the job, you sound very professional. If you do a good sample nail, and show them NSI product as well, they may even change their product brand, either way you are showing them how professional you are, that is so important in a salon. Clients love that approach. Also you have your mobile work, but it is easier to get times down in a salon, as everything is at hand, and after a few sets it just seems to flow. Mobile, it is so start stop, don't worry about 2 hours for a full set, I think that is very good especially when mobile.
I could not cope with mobile, gave it a few weeks and that was enough, I do not have the staminer for it, I spray tan mobile, that I do like.
Best of luck.
Lotsa luv x :biggrin:

I agree with what has already been said, take your NSI kit, show them how you do it your way, if you need to explain that obviously as you have never used their product, you wouldn't be able to give a proper demonstration of your skills as you would be coping with a new product, never mind the nerves.

Good luch :hug:

Let us know how it goes x

Thanks for the advice - I was 99% sure I was right, but faced with someone who owns a salon and has been in business for quite some time it feels a bit awkward to infer that they don't know what they're talking about :eek:

Not sure really how to tackle it without ruining my chances of the job. I don't really need the job as I have started working mobile but I just thought a couple of days a week in a busy salon would sort out any timing issues. It still takes me 2 hours for a full set so I could do with chopping off at least half an hour :biggrin:

Hey chica, if doing what is right will ruin your chances of getting the job, then you probably wouldn't want to be there anyway! If the owner gets funny, you could "blame" it on your fresh and recent training and recommendations from your brand! He/she can't argue with that!

If you decide to go with this salon, will you be switching systems, just out of curiosity?

Good luck with the interview! :hug:

Hey chica, if doing what is right will ruin your chances of getting the job, then you probably wouldn't want to be there anyway! If the owner gets funny, you could "blame" it on your fresh and recent training and recommendations from your brand! He/she can't argue with that!

If you decide to go with this salon, will you be switching systems, just out of curiosity?

Good luck with the interview! :hug:

I'm actually planning on switching to CND - after attending the Event :lol:
I only really want this job as a way of getting my timings down. There's nothing like back to back clients for forcing you to speed up :!:

Cheers,
Hazel

Latest posts

Back