Bubbles with Vinylux

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed this the first time I painted my nails with V! I used a really dark colour & it was perfect, only noticed the next day I had tons of bubbles on certain nails & only one or two on others - but haven't noticed since...

I wondered if it was because I shook too much but since I didn't see them at the time I doubt that. I now think it's because I slapped it on way too thick! As the first go I was unsure how quickly it would dry & so did a very quick paint job... Could your colour coats be too thick?

I noticed this the first time I painted my nails with V! I used a really dark colour & it was perfect, only noticed the next day I had tons of bubbles on certain nails & only one or two on others - but haven't noticed since...

I wondered if it was because I shook too much but since I didn't see them at the time I doubt that. I now think it's because I slapped it on way too thick! As the first go I was unsure how quickly it would dry & so did a very quick paint job... Could your colour coats be too thick?

I have tried doing them thinner than I thought it needed to be but never seem to have enough paint on the brush then lol - maybe I've just been spoilt with shellac and need to brush up on my polishing skills :) waiting to phone my EA - I'm sure she'll clear it up in no time!

x

I have tried doing them thinner but never seem to have enough paint on the brush then lol - maybe I've just been spoilt with shellac and need to brush up on my polishing skills :)

x

A good question to ask you is, have you learned your polishing skills using Shellac or polish? The two things handle very differently.

A good question to ask you is, have you learned your polishing skills using Shellac or polish? The two things handle very differently.

Good point geeg - I think you may have hit the nail on the head - going to book a one to one with my ea and go from there - I don't get an awful lot of call for polish so think I may have been a bit lazy in practising with it and vinylux has perhaps highlighted issues with my technique - just not quite sure what so looking forward to sorting it out :)

x

I had one on my pinkie finger, I applied too much top coat, took it off and reapplied and ok. Good luck :lick:

I also had a couple of bubbles on two different fingers last week and they appeared to be from the top coat. I had read this thread so was not so shocked to see them. I have only done a handful of manicures with V so far but only saw the bubbles once. I scratched them off (irresistible) and was left with tiny craters.

I had bubbles and can pretty much guarantee that on myself it's because I was doing the coats too thick! :) Perhaps the same for you? x

Could well be, but since it was just once I'm happy it's not an issue for me. Hope the OP is having more luck and no bubbles?

No more bubbles :) I wasn't using enough polish with the colour coats and was dragging it too much- should have realised this as I wasn't getting full coverage with two coats :) it also appears that both my top coats in my intro pack were contaminated and since purchasing a new separate top coat I haven't had any issues with bubbles in the top coat either :))))) x x

Ok so after my last post the bubbles started to appear again so I visited my lovely CND EA who carried out a vinylux manicure on me with her products - looked absolutely perfect - until I got back to the car and it had dried and voila - bubbles!!! I went back in to show her and she was shocked as had not seen anything like it before - but I now definitely know its not me or my product being contaminated - maybe it's certain types of nails - who knows!!

Sadly I've removed V from my service menu as I've lost quite a bit of confidence with it now - hopefully whomever my EA contacts about the issue will be able to shed some light on it!

x

Never seen it and never heard any of our EAs mention it. Sorry it's happened to your nails but very pleased there is not an epidemic in the world of VINYLUX . I think we can rest easy that we won't all catch what ever it is you've caught.

Never seen it and never heard any of our EAs mention it. Sorry it's happened to your nails but very pleased there is not an epidemic in the world of VINYLUX . I think we can rest easy that we won't all catch what ever it is you've caught.

Geeg I am normally never offended by your posts but I have to admit this one has 'stung' a little - I don't think describing my issue as having 'caught' something is necessary and I only recently visited my EA so I wouldn't have thought it would have 'filtered through' to the necessary people yet but she did say she was going to contact CND about it - and quite a few people have pm'd me saying they are having the issue also - let's hope it can be fixed!

I've noticed it as well..have had it happen on one client and on myself. My top coat is very thick so I don't know if that has something to do with it. You're not alone with the bubbles.

I haven't seen bubbles yet, but have stopped using it in my salon at the moment also due to other problems. I would have thought by going to someone at the company you have done the right thing, as surely as a supplier they would want to know any issues. But the more I read it seems clearly not! Being described as being "silly" or having "caught something" is just not helpful and is putting me off the company.

Surely as this is a professional product, you would want feedback from us professionals as we are the ones selling it. I just hope this feedback gets back to the people who need to know so they can look into it and hopefully improve the product. As it is new on the market I would have thought this info would be helpful:lol:

Vinylux is a traditional polish in that it is solvent based and solvent drying. Any polish can bubble (due to the evaporation of the solvents) if the product is too thick and/or the temperature too warm.

When its hot, polish thickens, especially if you are holding the bottle. This means thicker layers which is not good. When this happens, close the bottle and give it a shake which will thin it out and help with thinner layers.

Sometimes, people's hands are very warm and this can havethe same effect (evaporation). Try a thinner top coat. I know this coat should be 'generous' but maybe thinner for hot weather and warm hands?

(BTW Geeg wasn't being rude! She was being humerous! Well, I thought it was quite funny ;))

Thank God some people know me!! Of course I was being humorous! if my humour offended or stung I apologize profusely and maybe try to read my posts without prejudice.

Very glad we personally have not seen this problem in the salon and we are in Spain ... but we are air conditioned ... women here always keep their polish in the fridge as a normal thing ... as Marian says in her excellent advice, it is probably the conditions where you are working as that is the variable in the equation.

Last edited:
Thanks mum and geeg (for the advice and for clarifying :))

I dont think in my case it could be down to hot hands or warm conditions as it even happens on my own nails when I'm at home (my house is very cool and I'm not holding the bottle when doing my own). I've tried thinner top coat, thicker top coat, really thin colour layers, slightly thicker colour layers etc and nothing seem to make a difference. I don't have this problem with any of my other polishes so really at a loss as to what it could be! It's so frustrating as I love wearing vinylux - I still wear the shimmery colours on myself as you can't see the bubbles with those!

x

I certainly think that's what my problem is too. My studio is quite warm (we do have the ac on when we're there) but it gets really hot in there. I wonder if I should store my top coat in the fridge to stop it from thickening.

Thinking of it--I did a beautiful manicure at home the other night and my house is nicely air conditioned and my top coat was lovely and thin and no bubbles at all. Great advice. Thank you!

This is the manicure I did at home. Love this color.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373531096.268711.jpg

I certainly think that's what my problem is too. My studio is quite warm (we do have the ac on when we're there) but it gets really hot in there. I wonder if I should store my top coat in the fridge to stop it from thickening.

Thinking of it--I did a beautiful manicure at home the other night and my house is nicely air conditioned and my top coat was lovely and thin and no bubbles at all. Great advice. Thank you!

This is the manicure I did at home. Love this color.
View attachment 38060

You can always use a cool box while the weather is hot so not to have to go back and forth to the fridge.

Monomer also should be in a cool ambient temperature or your mix ratio will go all to pot. ANYthing you have that is solvent based should be kept in cool ambient conditions. I call ambient between 60ºF and 75ºF

look what has been posted today ... http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/227785-mix-ratio-nightmare.html#post1911156

Latest posts

Back