Bubbles with Vinylux

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just popped my top coat in the fridge and am going to have another play tonight - maybe my house isn't as cool as I think it is - fingers crossed! x

Adhesive is another thing by the way, that can go thick or rock solid when kept in the wrong conditions.

Could it be a dodgy bottle? These things do happen occasionally.

Could it be a dodgy bottle? These things do happen occasionally.

No unfortunately not - I've purchased several different bottles of topcoat and a few duplicate colours too and it's still happening - it also happened with my EA's Vinylux when she applied it to my nails.
X

Maybe a coincidence but I had this problem with a lady and the only thing I thought of is that she moisturises like crazy.
I pretty much ruled everything else out but this? ....maybe?

Maybe a coincidence but I had this problem with a lady and the only thing I thought of is that she moisturises like crazy.
I pretty much ruled everything else out but this? ....maybe?

I do have extremely oily nails and use a lot of moisturiser! My EA couldn't believe how shiny my nails were even after a good scrub with Scrubfresh! Definitely food for thought! I tried applying V again after keeping it in the fridge and there is still damn bubbles :-( so to make myself feel better i have just applied steel gaze as it disguises the bubbles - LOVE this colour! x

I do have extremely oily nails and use a lot of moisturiser! My EA couldn't believe how shiny my nails were even after a good scrub with Scrubfresh! Definitely food for thought! I tried applying V again after keeping it in the fridge and there is still damn bubbles :-( so to make myself feel better i have just applied steel gaze as it disguises the bubbles - LOVE this colour! x

Well it sure is a possibility, good to know your not the only one thats had this problem :hug:

Good for you trying to find out what's causing this - it helps all of us. You could of just said this polish is s**t but you haven't and I admire that! :)

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Good for you trying to find out what's causing this - it helps all of us. You could of just said this polish is s**t but you haven't and I admire that! :)

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Aw thank you :) x x

Just wanted to share a pic of my first EVER totally bubble free vinylux manicure on myself :))))))

I gave my nails a mega good scrub with Scrubfresh before application (more vigorously than normal) and voila! I'm hoping my oily nail plate was the culprit - I'm also now keeping my top coat in the fridge as an extra precaution and rolling it rather than shaking it - fingers crossed that's the last I see of the phantom bubbles!! x

Oh and on a side note - would it be worth me getting some nail fresh to aid in my prep with oily nail plates like my own?

x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373899560.675223.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373899560.675223.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 140
Yayy glad it worked in the end for you :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just wanted to share a pic of my first EVER totally bubble free vinylux manicure on myself :))))))

I gave my nails a mega good scrub with Scrubfresh before application (more vigorously than normal) and voila! I'm hoping my oily nail plate was the culprit - I'm also now keeping my top coat in the fridge as an extra precaution and rolling it rather than shaking it - fingers crossed that's the last I see of the phantom bubbles!! x

Oh and on a side note - would it be worth me getting some nail fresh to aid in my prep with oily nail plates like my own?

x

Nice job. Nail Fresh is an excellent dehydrator which you can use as a booster before ScrubFresh .. it is also important to remember that your nails must not be wet with either of these preparations. Any wetness and you will be back to square one. Brush on your NailFresh and scrub with your ScrubFresh.

Nice job. Nail Fresh is an excellent dehydrator which you can use as a booster before ScrubFresh .. it is also important to remember that your nails must not be wet with either of these preparations. Any wetness and you will be back to square one. Brush on your NailFresh and scrub with your ScrubFresh.

Thanks geeg - I am so chuffed!!! Can't stop staring at my lovely shiney nails :) would also explain why bubbles appeared when my EA did my nails! Funny how it was normally the top coat that bubbled though. Nail fresh will most certainly be on my next order! My client whos nails also bubbled had just had a shrinking violet wrap so maybe she didn't wash her hands thoroughly enough - it's all making sense now! What is the best way to brush nail fresh onto the nails - would an old gel brush just fall to bits after a while? x

Thanks geeg - I am so chuffed!!! Can't stop staring at my lovely shiney nails :) would also explain why bubbles appeared when my EA did my nails! Funny how it was normally the top coat that bubbled though. Nail fresh will most certainly be on my next order! My client whos nails also bubbled had just had a shrinking violet wrap so maybe she didn't wash her hands thoroughly enough - it's all making sense now! What is the best way to brush nail fresh onto the nails - would an old gel brush just fall to bits after a while? x
I have only ever used the brush in the bottle.

NailFresh is VERY volatile and will evaporate over night if you do not cap tight and remember to keep it in a cool place. NailFresh is Ether based and because of that rapid evaporation of the Ether, it pulls moisture out of the plate very quickly.

NailFresh is also the greatest solution to use to clean any polish off the skin or to detail your edges if you goof up. For that job, I have a separate bottle of NailFresh and I use a soft, pointed, natural HAIR brush; never use a synthetic gel brush or you will ruin it.

Last edited:
I have only ever used the brush in the bottle.

NailFresh is VERY volatile and will evaporate over night if you do not cap tight and remember to keep it in a cool place. NailFresh is Ether based and because of that rapid evaporation of the Ether, it pulls moisture out of the plate very quickly. NailFresh is also the greatest solution to use to clean any polish off the skin or to detail your edges if you goof up. For that job, I have a separate bottle of NailFresh and I use a soft, pointed, natural HAIR brush; never use a synthetic gel brush or you will ruin it.

Ahh I didn't realise it came with a brush :) thank you :) x

I'm so glad you seem to have solved your problem and I'm glad I've read it too, just incase I have a client with the same problems.

Nice paint job too!

I'm so glad you seem to have solved your problem and I'm glad I've read it too, just incase I have a client with the same problems.

Nice paint job too!

Thank you :)

Good news is the problem is sorted - bad news is I now feel the need to purchase every vinylux colour that I don't already have!!

x

I've just received my Vinylux carousel kit, I totally love it and it's got quite a few colours in it too. I've been having a play and really like the way the colours go on.

Latest posts

Back