Building an Apex with Brisa

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Envi

Reaction score
I'm having great difficulty building an apex with Brisa, I know this has been mentioned loads on here before and I've tried as Gigi suggested keeping most of the product in a line down the centre, but they're still flat. I'm scrubbing on my first layer, then placing my bead down the centre and working out towards the sides gently, I'll keep trying as I know with practice I'll get there eventually, but I wondered if I should be doing another layer to build the apex, I currently only do my scrubbing layer with clear then 1 layer of pink. Any suggestions or tips welcome. thanks.

Hey, you could try using a bigger bead and see if that helps. Also if applying an extra layer gets you the result you want then you should go for it:hug:

Me again:lol:. i`ve not been on for a while but im sure theres a video tutorial on the CND website, if not, You Tube

There is no rule that says you have to build with 1 layer...if you want to build in layers then do so. Just remember to only layer the gel where you want to build...(ie: not zone 3) and to do a full cure between each layer.

Freeze curing helps to hold shape too.

Me again:lol:. i`ve not been on for a while but im sure theres a video tutorial on the CND website, if not, You Tube

The video is awesome. It really shows some creative enhancing! :)

Has anyone been taught to have your're client to turn thier hands upsidedown for a few seconds before curing? I have done this and i find that it really does help to move the gel into an apex- my instructor showed us this way-is it silly?

Has anyone been taught to have your're client to turn thier hands upsidedown for a few seconds before curing? I have done this and i find that it really does help to move the gel into an apex- my instructor showed us this way-is it silly?

No, it is not silly, but depends on your particular gel. Brisa really doesn't move that much and you would have a long wait.

If you are laying a centre line of gel, the secret is to just tease a little gel away from that towards the margins of the nail, not spread it out, therefore leaving the bulk still in a central spine. HTH

Another technique is to add a further layer down the backbone of the nail by 'stringing' 2-3 strings. Cure and then a file to shape. This also gives you a little more bulk where you want it.

(This technique is shown on the CND spotlight video on Brisa Gels .. if you haven't seen these or registered on CND - Creative Nail Design, Professional Nail, Hand and Foot Beauty Products - Artificial Acrylic Nails and Brisa Gel. then you really should not miss the opportunity to do so. They are a free CND class for you ... you'd be mad to miss them.)

Thanks all for the tips, I have tried to watch the CND video, but it keeps stopping half way through, may be a problem with my pc, but its so annoying, I've also watched the DVD which I got on my conversion day, and it all looks so easy.........until I try and do it :green:.

Thanks all for the tips, I have tried to watch the CND video, but it keeps stopping half way through, may be a problem with my pc, but its so annoying, I've also watched the DVD which I got on my conversion day, and it all looks so easy.........until I try and do it :green:.

You have to wait when you first load the CND videos .. just be patient ... wait 15 minutes or so and it will all be loaded and you can watch it perfectly. Go have a cup o' tea and then go back to it.

You have to wait when you first load the CND videos .. just be patient ... wait 15 minutes or so and it will all be loaded and you can watch it perfectly. Go have a cup o' tea and then go back to it.

Tea?? Think a glass of wine or a spanish brandy might help the stress more!! :lol:

Thanks Gigi, I'll try that.

Latest posts

Back