Business Analysis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinity

Brush Slayer Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
I've done my tax return for the year and did a bit of analysis of my business over the last year, I posted a similar thing last year which was quite interesting so I thought it might be useful for any new Geeks about to start out, etc. Over the last 12 months I've discovered the following:-

Treatment & Percentage of Business:-
Pink & White Rebalance - 36.6%
Basic Manicure - 22.1%
Full Set T&O P&W - 10.4%
Single Repair - 2.5%
Polish Change - 2.3%
2 x single Repair - 1.87%
Infil - 1.4%
Full Set NNO - 1.2%
P&W Rebalance + Nail Art - 1.2%

Just goes to show, I didn't need to waste my money on all that nail art stuff :lol:

Retail Sales by Item
Solar Oil 1/4oz - 45%
Breast Cancer Awareness Bracelets - 17%
Solar Balm Tins - 15%
Solar Silk - 14%
Nail Enamel - 12%
Glossing Buffer - 9%
Solar Oil Pinkie - 8%
Gift Vouchers - 6%
Koala Buffer - 5%

Interesting that Nail Enamels were 12%, I was under the impression that most of my clients don't wear enamel, seems I'm wrong :lol:

% Of Business Per Month:
Apr - 6%
May - 7%
Jun - 10%
Jul - 6%
Aug - 8%
Sep - 7%
Oct - 4%* - I was on holiday for 2 weeks
Nov - 10%
Dec - 12%
Jan - 6%
Feb - 11%
Mar - 12%

No suprises there, January and July are my slowest months. I'm putting that down to the after Christmas slump, and the Summer holidays for the kids making funds tight so nails go out out the window.

I find this type of information really interesting - hope it's of some help to someone else too.

That's really interesting, Trin, thanks hun. Would like to see if other people have a similar trend.

this is fantastic that you have put this on here for us hun ,
I am setting up my business as most of you know, and this helps me lots,
xxxx
I know we're in different are's etc.....but it still helps xxxx

Yeh thats brilliant thanks for the above Trin!! :)

Thank you for doing this I am going to print a copy to keep - I think this is invaluable first hand information.

thanks for sharing this info hun xxx

blimey !

what a clever cookie you are - thats really interesting matey thanks

amb x

Interesting info. very kind of you to share it.:lol:

Thanks for posting that Trinity, it made interesting reading. Hopefully I might get time to sit down and analyse my business in a similar way soon. Thanks again

That is really interesting information Trinity, do you provide other treatments as well as nails? I have done this for my business over the last twelve months but done it over the whole range of treatments I offer. I have also looked at my business month on month to see where treatments have inreased/decreased (had to do it by hand no fancy software - yet!).

I does make very interesting reading when you do this.

I cannot do a comparison really on last year's as I have only been up and running for 18 months.

Thanks for sharing your info with us.

Ive never broken mine down into an analysis it was really interesting Trin so thansk for that.

That is really interesting information Trinity, do you provide other treatments as well as nails?

Nope - just nails for me :D

Latest posts

Back