Business name registration check

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsR

Reaction score
Just wondering about when I do decide on my business name (not as easy as I first thought), how do you check if its been registered and taken yet both for general usage and for a web name?

Just wondering about when I do decide on my business name (not as easy as I first thought), how do you check if its been registered and taken yet both for general usage and for a web name?

There's a company information check on the Companies House website, WebCHeck Fastrack where you can check company names and registrations... it is free to check company names etc, you just have to pay them if you want more information on a particular company, e.g. accounts etc.

As for checking to see if a Web domain name has been registered - the easiest way to do that is to go to a web site selling domain names, e.g. Domain name registration from 123-reg and do a search for your business name to see what domains are available.

In terms of domains, I've found 123-reg.co.uk to be very reasonably priced, but have heard mixed reports of their web hosting service (I've heard of some people having problems and not much joy with their tech support) - but that's not a problem for me personally as I just buy the domains off them and then update the DNS so that it points to my server (which I have total and absolute control over lol).

Give me a shout if you want to quiz me about websites etc too :)

Thanks Ruth, you're always full of useful info!! :green:

you can also check on the national business registar you can check domains names on there also

Latest posts

Back