Buying Bio Sculpture, advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes but as said prev you are already trained in gels but not bio sculpture and rightly so you have to do a conversion as you would with any reputable firm including CND, I dont think you could say ' I already do gels I only want an account to but few pots of gel:eek: you need to know chemistry etc, just curious how did you get your bio lamb brushes etc if you do not have an account.

Companys do this to prevent people getting their products without an understanding of how to use them as you will know not all gel is the same and not all L&P systems are, so it will be in your best intrest to do a conversion really.

xx

When i first ever trained in gels it was inhouse training in a local salon who used only bio sculpture in their salon. It was full product training and an assessment. They offered to buy products on my behalf as it was only inhouse training and not actually training from bio scupture the certificate was for just being qualified in gels and not a certain system.

I since trained l&p and gel with CND.

But i love bio sculpture and want an account of my own :)

So really they were not authorised educators for bio,sculpture. I think this is one of the reasons companys such as cnd, and bio do this so to prevent techs doing what theoretically you have or wanting to do, trained elsewhere and buying products off them with no bio cert.

You did a cnd conversion why cant you do a bio conversion, they do offer conversions as said previously,, just ring their head office xx

So really they were not authorised educators for bio,sculpture. I think this is one of the reasons companys such as cnd, and bio do this so to prevent techs doing what theoretically you have or wanting to do, trained elsewhere and buying products off them with no bio cert.

You did a cnd conversion why cant you do a bio conversion, they do offer conversions as said previously,, just ring their head office xx

I didnt do a CND coversion i did the acrylic & brisa full courses seperately.
Ive spent soooo much money as we all do to get going in the beginning thats why i was reluctant to fork out even more money :(

Ive sent many emails and made calls and all they do is send me the kit info with the course details in the post :eek:

Nevermind, i will keep persuing and see what they can do, but no conversion has been mentioned by any of the reps so far.

There are subtle but important differences between each gel product & it is only appropriate for the manufacturers to want their products to be applied correctly & therefore this necessitate training in each product line.

Just because you are a Dr doesn't mean you are qualified to carry out brain surgery!

Why not try Calgel i have been using both products for years and find them really good. Im seriously considering dropping Bio and using only Calgel they give you some good specials eg buy 5 gels and get one free same with files. I have been loyal to Bio and because i do mobile and other treatments my orders are not very big. I have been trying to get on their recommended salon list with no luck maybe will give it another shot before i make up my mind.

I trained in Bio even thou i did Nsi initially but its to understand the system more than anything once i had purchased the kit i could then purchase other stuff too. There was no 3month period for me. But i did the full course with them. I had alot of the stuff already but to me you pay for what you get but defo dont buy the gels off ebay they are almost twice the price.
You dont get many colours initially just the basic gels with what you need to do a set of overlays with, sculptures etc.
Again you do get what you pay for.
x

Why not try Calgel i have been using both products for years and find them really good. Im seriously considering dropping Bio and using only Calgel they give you some good specials eg buy 5 gels and get one free same with files. I have been loyal to Bio and because i do mobile and other treatments my orders are not very big. I have been trying to get on their recommended salon list with no luck maybe will give it another shot before i make up my mind.

Thank you for the reply.

I thought calgel had the same policy as bio? Or do they offer the training without buying a big kit?

I know I'm just been a bit tight with the pennies :( but I've decided I will go for it anyway as an early christmas present for myself :) if I want it that bad I should pay it. So I will.

Thanks for everyones responses on the matter.

X

Latest posts

Back