Buying Bio Sculpture, advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natalie24

Reaction score
:cry:

Im a little miffed at the mo. I really want to purchase bio sculpture to use as my main product for natural gel overlay and over tips.
However....... they will only let me buy it if i buy there starter kit i know we cant discuss money on here but it has a couple of zeros on the end of the kit price!! Im really not getting it, i understand they only want to sell to pros which is understandable but to make you purchase a very expensive kit and have training and assessment is a bit much!! I dont understand why they cant except one of my gel certificates from other companies, im trained with CND in gel and acrylics and i did a gel masterclass with a local salon who used biogel products! Or just a cheeky little conversation class.

Its so frustrating. Can anybody shed any light or advice on this? I really dont want to resort to ebay but im starting to think about it!! eeeeek!! :eek:

Is there another company that has a similar product for NGO and Tips that doesnt expect you to buy a huge starter kit and do a full training course? Needs to be soak off too.

Thanks all.

Im a little miffed at the mo. I really want to purchase bio sculpture to use as my main product for natural gel overlay and over tips.
However....... they will only let me buy it if i buy there starter kit i know we cant discuss money on here but it has a couple of zeros on the end of the kit price!! Im really not getting it, i understand they only want to sell to pros which is understandable but to make you purchase a very expensive kit and have training and assessment is a bit much!! I dont understand why they cant except one of my gel certificates from other companies, im trained with CND in gel and acrylics and i did a gel masterclass with a local salon who used biogel products! Or just a cheeky little conversation class.

Its so frustrating. Can anybody shed any light or advice on this? I really dont want to resort to ebay but im starting to think about it!! eeeeek!! :eek:

Is there another company that has a similar product for NGO and Tips that doesnt expect you to buy a huge starter kit and do a full training course? Needs to be soak off too.

Thanks all.

It's all about money and them trying to get their product everywhere. I have ran into kind of the same thing with them out here. The stuff is everywhere argh lol. I would check out some reputable companies like Amore'( they have a distributor in Germany), Lechat, INT, NSI, Amoresse and IBD. Call around and see what you can find online. When you stick to the big names they have a huge support system and have been around long enough to be trustworthy. Makes you wonder why they need to force people to spend so much money just to trial a product.

I would of thought this is to protect their reputation and to ensure you know how their system works as every companys products have dif requirements. I think most reputable companys do this, they make you pay for kit and conversion is free most times you get more than what you pay for. The lamp with UV gel system I would of thought is quite expensive.

Are they asking for you to do a conversion? or basic course?

Also Bio sculpture here in the UK is a popular brand and one that is trusted , I do not offer gels but was under impression that they were among the top 5 companys where gel is concerned? but I may be wrong im sure a more exp geek will clarify this.

xx

They want you to buy the expensive kit and do a course and an assessment 3 months later before you can have an account :|
I understand this. But even CND one of the best out there, they accept a cert from any other company you have trained with for an account. Even though i have been trained by them anyway.
With OPI to buy their axxium gels you need to do their short half day conversion class and you can have an account. Surely thats the better way to go around it rather than making you buy a kit that you may not want all the products and colours from?? I have lamps, brushes and most of the items in the kit, just not the gels! lol x

Does seem little extreme, I do think thought the kit is essential and I would of thought any company would supply this when doing a conversion to ensure you are using correct tools. I know when doing the CND conversion for example they too also would give you the full working kit you could not just do training and not get kit..

It is more why you have to wait 3 months before opening an account after doing conversion, seems bit extreme try giving them a ring tomorrow it may not be the case. xx

I don't know. They have only been around since 1997. Doesn't seem like that long to me. Maybe I'm getting old.:lol:

No im pretty sure they have been around for over 20yrs and im sure they were the ones whom invented the first soakable gel and coloured gel:):)

Their website says 1997. And apparantly first colored gel etc.

Whoops! Looks like they came to Canada in 1997. Sorry about that. Still new to us I guess lol

Last edited:
Their website says 1997. And apparantly first colored gel etc

Im pretty sure they have been around for over 20 yrs as Im sure they celebrated 20yrs couple yrs ago, maybe the date is an indicator of how long they been on the net? or maybe they changed companys name in that yr?? I dont actually really know , pretty sure theres a few bio geeks out there:eek: as such lol

xx

I'm not sure how the Bio kit is like where you are, but here in the US the training comes with the kit, so it's "free". There's a chance that they'll leave you alone if you just buy the kit.

Really, it's stupid. If we're willing to invest money in such a pricey product, we probably know what we're doing, so why should we take time out of our life to go to a basic training class for a system we've already received training in? What could they possibly teach us that isn't in our manual from the kit?!

Silly people.

Thanks all.

are you sure you have to buy the whole kit for a conversion course ??? I didntm I had to but a sculpture gel, a colour, a clear and a white all of them I used on clients, and that well and truly cover the price of the conversion.

are you sure you have to buy the whole kit for a conversion course ??? I didntm I had to but a sculpture gel, a colour, a clear and a white all of them I used on clients, and that well and truly cover the price of the conversion.

Yeah they dont do just a conversion course?!! According to the North rep anyway. I would happily do a conversion class and buy the essential products for the class. They are offering a huge kit you can purchase it with or without the lamp. Even without the lamp it is very expensive.

I also saw them at the manchester pro beauty show and it was the same thing. Selling kits with 'free' training but the price was still huge!! I just dont need all the items in the kit. So im a little reluctant to pay it.

If you are already trained in gel but with another system, I'm sure you will be able to do a conversion course. If not though, yes your initial training costs will be higher.

I certainly don't remember having to wait 3 months to purchase product items though, unless the rules on this have now changed.

Give them a call as that seems the easiest way to go.

Bio Sculpture

HTHs

You are able to buy bio once you've started the training, you can register online too and I did this before 3 months. The only thing you have to wait 8 weeks for is your assessment. I wouldn't recommend buying on eBay as everything is double price if not more.

Who did you train with ? I trained with a company that is very similar to Bio. When they quoted me the training price I said that I would rather stay with my orignal company than pay out as much as they quoted, they then said I could do just the assessment, They say they would be strict and only pass me if they thought i was good enough to use their product. They are strict when it comes to making sure you can use their product which I think is a good thing.

Hi there

I have booked (and paid for) my Bio Sculpture course today (very excited) and was told that I could top up on any products almost immediately!?

Check again just in case you were mis-informed re. the 3 month wait pre account moment.

:lol:

Vic

Hi there

I have booked (and paid for) my Bio Sculpture course today (very excited) and was told that I could top up on any products almost immediately!?

Check again just in case you were mis-informed re. the 3 month wait pre account moment.

:lol:

Vic

The wait time isnt the major issue. Its the fact of buying an expensive kit and doing a training course and assessment when im already qualified in gels and have brushes, lamps etc. All i want is some pots of s gel! booooo :sad:

The wait time isnt the major issue. Its the fact of buying an expensive kit and doing a training course and assessment when im already qualified in gels and have brushes, lamps etc. All i want is some pots of s gel! booooo :sad:

Yes but as said prev you are already trained in gels but not bio sculpture and rightly so you have to do a conversion as you would with any reputable firm including CND, I dont think you could say ' I already do gels I only want an account to but few pots of gel:eek: you need to know chemistry etc, just curious how did you get your bio lamb brushes etc if you do not have an account.

Companys do this to prevent people getting their products without an understanding of how to use them as you will know not all gel is the same and not all L&P systems are, so it will be in your best intrest to do a conversion really.

xx

Just to let you know Ive been using Bio for 2 years now and they dont give anything away. I spend thousands with them every year and they still even charge me for colour sticks to advertise the colours. Their customer service is not the best at all.

Just to let you know Ive been using Bio for 2 years now and they dont give anything away. I spend thousands with them every year and they still even charge me for colour sticks to advertise the colours. Their customer service is not the best at all.

Thanks for the reply. Ive got a feeling its all about the money!! They dont even offer a conversion class.

:eek:

Latest posts

Back