Buying Creative when you have not trained with them?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiffany.

Reaction score
Hello!

Bit confused! My friend has qualified as a nail technician, however, she did not train under Creative. She is doing the minx course through Sweet Squared in a few weeks and is hopeful in being able to set up an account with themselves and then buying creative products... Such as Shellac etc. Now I'm confused? Can that be done? I was under the impression if you haven't trained under Creative you can't buy their products?
Does it only take a course such as Minx through them, to then open an account and use any Creative product you like? :rolleyes:

Most confused! :smack:

Xxxx

She will only be able to buy products that her manicure course would allow her to by openng up a secondary account.
So yes she will be able to purchase minx and shellac, mani and pedi stuff but... She wont be able to purchase L&P or Brisa which are professional products for those she would need a primary account and to have one of those she will have to do a conversion or CND training in using those systems.
Hth
Jen xx

Hiya - i did my training with NSI but i use CND products, i just had to prove that i was infact a nail technitian.

xx

She will only be able to buy products that her manicure course would allow her to by openng up a secondary account.
So yes she will be able to purchase minx and shellac, mani and pedi stuff but... She wont be able to purchase L&P or Brisa which are professional products for those she would need a primary account and to have one of those she will have to do a conversion or CND training in using those systems.
Hth
Jen xx

Ah I see, I thought that. Brilliant, thank you for that

Xxx

Probably the best people to ask about this would be Sweet Squared. Probably.

Busybee's answer is absolutley correct. So in this case your question has been answered. Thanks Jen.

Hiya - i did my training with NSI but i use CND products, i just had to prove that i was infact a nail technitian.

xx

Hi
You can use all products or do you have limited access to their products?

Xx

When i enquired about both Shellac and Minx, i was informed that i could buy any products but not the L&P or gels unless i had done the conversion course. My beauty diploma was sufficient enough for the rest :O)..

Sarah xxx

When i enquired about both Shellac and Minx, i was informed that i could buy any products but not the L&P or gels unless i had done the conversion course. My beauty diploma was sufficient enough for the rest :O)..

Sarah xxx

Brilliant :lol:

Can you recommend Any l&p or gels? So you're only restricted to using everything but the gels and l&p? That can't be that bad then, I'm sure there's some decent ones out there? X

Brilliant :lol:

Can you recommend Any l&p or gels? So you're only restricted to using everything but the gels and l&p? That can't be that bad then, I'm sure there's some decent ones out there? X

If you are happy to use all of the associated products, why would you not want to do the conversion course in order to use the L&P and Brisa gels.

As far as I know, the cost of the course, includes a product kit which is worth more than the cost of the course - hope that makes sense.

If you are changing product then it is best to do a conversion course as no 2 products will have the same mix ratio or application technique (well unless they are a generic product that the distributor have merely put their own name on).

I have actually enquired about this this morning and have been told by the staff at SS that I will be able to buy L&P on a Secondary Account so long as I provide my NSI Level 3 certs.

This goes against what the majority of you are saying to be correct.

I have actually enquired about this this morning and have been told by the staff at SS that I will be able to buy L&P on a Secondary Account so long as I provide my NSI Level 3 certs.

This goes against what the majority of you are saying to be correct.

This is why it is always best to go straight to the horse's mouth. The majority of people on here would not know what the current ruling is.

Please see the following:

Someone BRAND NEW to the industry - Introductory / Foundation Course required

Anyone with an NVQ / VTCT etc LEVEL 2 - Secondary account - no pro products until a Conversion (Basics) has been completed.

Anyone with NVQ Level 3 - can purchase professional products but we still URGE them to do a conversion. Facts - most who come to us with LEVEL 3 trained with CND initially in college. Those that trained with another brand at Level 3 are generally happy to do a conversion.

Sometimes we have to make a judgement call depending what the nail artist has done. For example... if s astudent came to us and had done 1 day education in 3 systems - she would not be able to purchase a thing. We would request she do the full Foundation Course (who can learn 3 systems in a day - I ask you :rolleyes:).

But - if professional nail tek came to us with NSI / OPI etc under her belt and wanted to buy CND I would allow her to buy (with proof of certificate of course) but again would urge her to do a conversion. As I say - a judgment call sometimes needs to be made.

Hope this helps.

Mrs geek thank you! :)

I have phoned Sweet Squared and they now have dates for the foundation course in Manchester so going to do that. Can not wait! So excited :!:

Thank you all for you're help

Xxx

Mrs geek thank you! :)

I have phoned Sweet Squared and they now have dates for the foundation course in Manchester so going to do that. Can not wait! So excited :!:

Thank you all for you're help

Xxx

You're welcome and enjoy - Julia Rocks!!

Latest posts

Back