Cabin as salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electra

Reaction score
Hi all

i have just started out doing nail enhancements and have decided to convert our garden cabin into my salon.

it is quite small but adequate for what i need.

does anyone else have a cabin as their salon? how have you decorated it inside?

My ceiling is quite low and is quite dark without the lights on.

advice on making it a bit more apealing to come back to would be great

Hi hun :)

I don't know if this thread will be of any use to you?

Sarah. x

hi there hunnie i have a summer house converted in to a salon and love it

no rent i have electric and plenty of space ,,,i do have a picture some where of when i first did it up ill have a look and see if i can find it

Last edited:
still looking lol

Hi, has anyone brought a normal garden shed, done it up and then worked from that? Just wanted to know if that works. thanks

Hi, has anyone brought a normal garden shed, done it up and then worked from that? Just wanted to know if that works. thanks

i think you'd struggle with that as it would need proper insulation to make it usable all year round..

the proper cabins are made rom much heavier timber and feel much more like a proper building.

From a client perspective I would be much more impressed and confidence instilled in me more by a cabin like the one in the links than a garden shed. It would still look like a shed no matter what you did to it. Thats just my opinion hun, just thinking of first impressions and how they tend to stck :hug:

Thanks for those piccy's Helen...... my cabin is alot smaller than that one!!!

This is the cabin i have, i'll send pictures of what the inside looks like.

I agree with the others beautyandme.... i have problems with the cabin at times as in the summer it can get very hot and in the winter it gets cold.

The timber is alot thicker than shed timber. if you are gonna spend the money on doing a shed your better off putting it towards a cabin.

I need help on making it inviting to customers...... pictures, layout i'm just no good at that....

hi electra
is your cabin from wickes, as i have one from wickes . and it has double glazing and is all insulated, mine is 11ft by 11ft, it's great.thg:)

Thanks girls, I know, a garden shed looks like a garden shed. Thought I would just throw that out there. A cabin/summer house would be lovely.

The trouble is hubby is in the army, so move around alot, so cant afford to put up a large unit, can anyone think of anything smaller, but would still look good and be comfortable?

Thanks

hi I am interested in getting a log cabin, did you have to get planning permission from the council to have a cabin in the garden.
I already have a salon in the front of the house (and got permission from the council) but I am going to do training soon and need a bigger room to train so I thought about doing the spray tanning training in the log cabin.

hi electra
is your cabin from wickes, as i have one from wickes . and it has double glazing and is all insulated, mine is 11ft by 11ft, it's great.thg:)

Mine was from B & Q, and is 9 ft by 7.5 ft.

i love mine too cause it's mine......... he he (a great hiding place from the hubby and the kids!!!!!!)

hi I am interested in getting a log cabin, did you have to get planning permission from the council to have a cabin in the garden.
I already have a salon in the front of the house (and got permission from the council) but I am going to do training soon and need a bigger room to train so I thought about doing the spray tanning training in the log cabin.

When i looked into planning permission it is quite complex

I did not need planning permission as it's a certain distance from the house. and it's not too high......... it has electric but does not have water.
if you go on the net you will find some answers.

thank you electra for the info I will look into it.

We have a shaed and converted it into our tattoo studio....does not look horrible and we have plenty of people......for the record, my bro give us his shed he braught it in denmark, for £2,000......we have instalated it and it has electric .....it has to be spot on or else we would not have got a certificate to work in it.

So answer to question.....yes you can convert a shed......on the outside of ours we are getting stuff what they put on mobile homes and our clients love our studio.

Yes, I do work from a cabin, lol! I love it. It keeps your house your "home" if you know what I mean, and I dont have to pack away every night! The only down side for me is that it does get hot in the summer, even with the doors open. I dont find it cold in winter, an oil filled rad does the job just fine. I do have an air con unit, but it still gets hot. I will try to take and load a picture. Im not good at computers though, so bear with me, lol!

Latest posts

Back