Caci marketing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmsue

Reaction score
I was wondering if someone can help me. We bought a caci classic machine from Birmingham uk beauty show may 2014 and was promised lots of help including them helping us hit targets etc if we struggle to sell courses. We feel like we have been fed utter lies. Once we purchased the machine and after the intense training course no one contacted us, we had to ring to find out who our rep was. She came to see us and we done a launch evening with her in October. She then announced she was leaving and have not heard anything since. We've rang a few times but have been fobbed off with replacement reps who aren't permanent so can't really help us. We feel we have a caci machine sitting in the salon what we pay monthly for and not using and we just don't know how to market it or get the results that everyone raves about. We feel so let down with caci and wish we never bought it. If someone could please give us some advice on how to market caci that would be fab. We've been told different advice also, for instance the more pressure the better then not too much pressure because the machine does the work, use any normal cotton buds to cut the cost down then only cotton buds with paper in the middle not plastic as it doesn't conduct. Please help!!! Thanks in advance

I have a caci rep coming into the salon do this is swaying me slightly not to go with them. Is the rental quite a lot a month? X

Sent from my D6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

Medium pressure, the machine does do the work. Cotton buds are suppose to be paper even though their serum buds are plastic, never quite worked that one out!!

Do you really need them to market you or are you just relying on them and using it as an excuse to not market?

To be honest, you've got a machine you're paying for and you need to be selling! Believe in the treatment, it's so popular and people love it. Do special offers, before and after photos etc just really plug it and once people have it once they're hooked!

I'm with you emj , I have had a caci machine for 9 + years and it's our best treatment in the salon. We do a trial treatment half price and do one side of the face ,show them the difference then do the other side. To be honest that should be enough to get them on to a 10 course treatment. The caci reps are only there to sell you more products and give you advice. You have to get it out there and advertise. It's very profitable .

Hi,

I agree with the others I'm afraid. The machine definitely pays for itself, through word of mouth advertising and good before and after shots.
The CACI reps are good, but over worked I'm afraid. The CACI website has all the relevant marketing material, you just need to access it all.
I find that you can use cotton buds, to help with costs, although they are slightly too skinny for the probes so always bend them as your putting them into the probes.
I also find my clients like to feel the muscle being worked, they like firm pressure throughput the treatment and it doesnt affect the conductivity of the machine.
If I can be any more help just let me know 😊 xx

Yes I agree with all the above .... Are you all having the treatment to help to be able to sell the product ??? Maybe this would help your staff , advertising, special offers etc to get yourself started. Never rely on caci to help you they are useless after you have you have paid or or
Signed up . We learnt this very early on after purchasing a machine from them and now do anything possible to avoid dealing with them !!!

Hi thank you to everyone that has responded. I think our problem is there's only 2 of us (mother & daughter) and neither of us are technical with computers etc so just don't know where to start. We had 3 people take a course on and only 2 have kept it on the other didn't see great results. I done course on my mom 15 to be exact (she is on a lot of medication) so I seen minimal results which has made me doubious of the treatment (I don't want to sell something that doesn't work) we were using plastic buds though cos that's what the rep told us to use. We just feel so lost with it all and our client base is quite young or older clients who we have done a trial on have said they can't see a difference. What cameras are u using a Polaroid or normal camera or phone? We are just so worried that we've took something on that we can't sell. Look forward to your responses and thank you we just don't know where we are going wrong

Also when the rep came out to us the first time she actually bruised a client. Is this normal? Should there be bruising? Xx

I used cacique about 6 years ago and was doing them in the salon for 5 years, they were very popular. The free half face demo is brill as the client can see the results there and then, you,ll see the difference on the jaw line and eyebrows as both will be more noticeable.

I went with a cheaper company and people have been ringing asking if it's like caci, caci is a very well known company, it's a non surgical face lift you just need more cinfidence with it. Also remember than one clients quickly forget what there skin was like before then start the course, and if they didn't have any caci treatments what there skin will be like, you need to erasure them the different.

It only costs £1 for 4 serum buds & they make the skin feel a lot tighter. Why spend thousands on a machine & then reduce the quality of the treatment for a £1 or £2 if you use the jowl quad probes?

It only costs £1 for 4 serum buds & they make the skin feel a lot tighter. Why spend thousands on a machine & then reduce the quality of the treatment for a £1 or £2 if you use the jowl quad probes?

This is so interesting, as my rep told me that you do not need the serum buds. You could use ordinary buds? I just wish CACI would be more efficient.

I think the problem is that a lot of the 'reps' are just sales people and not therapists, so the quality of information varies greatly. I got told all sorts of things by the reps, all contradictory, so if I need information I email CACI direct, and they have always responded quickly and with detailed answers. Their machine and head office are great, I just wish their company reps were as good as my Decleor and Jessica ones!!

I am looking in to CACI, so just following with interest.

This is so interesting, as my rep told me that you do not need the serum buds. You could use ordinary buds? I just wish CACI would be more efficient.

Have you tried the serum buds? Just run a couple over your face, they feel amazing, whether they actually make a big difference to the overall treatment or not its the initial feeling the client feels & they really do make the face feel tighter. Also you don't have the hassle of the buds falling out & they stay more moist & glide over the skin better without having to continuously wet them. I use cotton buds when I do the 3 movements with the firming contour gel but that's all. When I do ETR I put a bit of Dermalogica Agesmart complex & MAP 15 on the main areas of concern & then probe & I use the amino-lift peptide complex under the moisturiser when I feather. I can honestly say that all my clients that have had a course of 10 with me, come every month for a top up & a couple come every 2 weeks. I include a retail amino-lift peptide in my courses & work this into my prices & they continue to buy this when they run out. Don't skimp on your materials, your clients are paying a lot of money for this treatment & they deserve the best, so be the best you can!

I think the problem is that a lot of the 'reps' are just sales people and not therapists, so the quality of information varies greatly. I got told all sorts of things by the reps, all contradictory, so if I need information I email CACI direct, and they have always responded quickly and with detailed answers. Their machine and head office are great, I just wish their company reps were as good as my Decleor and Jessica ones!!

I know a Dermalogica Rep who had worked for CACI. She left because of the unreachable sales targets. It's all about sell sell sell.They don't really care about the Therapist, it's a shame because it's an amazing machine. I'll e mail head office in future if I have a question.

As some others have said here, you have to believe in the machine. I know what you're going through. When I first got my machine, I offered free trials to all my customers, loads came and initially 4 signed up to a course. I also did a special offer on the course (9 CACI +1 free + 1 other facial) as they were the 1st customers. Out of the 4, 3 are still with me. One was so disappointed in the result she started slagging me off. It was v upsetting and I thought I'd made a mistake with the m/c but luckily I stood my ground. Now, 2 years on, those other 3 clients who continued with the maintenance treatments have got better and better results and this goes for everyone else who've continued with maintenance treatments after the course. Don't give up, it does work. Do you have a website or facebook page where you can mention your treatments?

Good morning all and thank you for all this interesting info. I too am looking at purchasing CACI. My salon is still very young, only 10 months, and hoping that I will attract more clients having a CACI machine. I've seen the results and believe totally in it

I am looking in to CACI, so just following with interest.
Good morning. Interested to hear whether you purchased CACI? I am still undecided

I was really put off of Caci as had read some terrible stories on Salongeek, however my local rep Tracey came out to see me, she never tried to hard sell, always came back with answer's to my questions and came and saw me at least 3 times before I committed. Tracey has been really supportive, she's absolutely lovely, however I'm probably in a different part of the country and everyone is different. My rep was a beautician and had a machine so she has had experience from our side, perhaps that's what makes her better than some of the others.

I absolutely love my machine and so far all my clients have loved their treatments and got great results! I know that I will come across people who may not see what they want to but it is a good idea to do before and after photo's as when living with your face everyday you probably won't see the results so much.

On my course we had a beautician that was a trainer for Caci right at the very beginning 23 years ago, she now work's in a salon that has just decided to get the machine and she raved about how great it was and how much she was looking forward to working with it again, I think that say's it all, if it wasn't that great or the results no good, I'm sure she would have talked her boss out of getting it, as she would have known first hand the truth.

i am just about ready to purchase however I don't believe I have enough clients as I'm a new salon. Am hoping CACI will attract more?!

Latest posts

Back